This report describes the analysis of aqueous solutions by ICP-OES with Dual Side-On Inter-face plasma observation. more
How new spectrometer technologies substantially cut operating costsSPECTRO ANALYTICAL INSTRUMENTS
This report explores how engineering innovations can significantly reduce costs — enabling substantial savings while improving performance. ICP-OES spectrometry is routinely used for elemental analysis by professionals in environmental, industrial, and academic laboratories worldwide. In evaluating which ICP-OES instrument to select for a given set of tasks, two differing emphases emerge. Independent laboratories require an adequate level of performance, but also prioritize sensitivity and speed. Their prime concern: choosing an instrument that can maintain the highest possible number of tests per shift. By contrast, other operations — including many industrial research laboratories — prioritize stability and analytical precision. However, both groups agree on the importance of controlling costs. But this can be difficult, since most ICP-OES instruments presently on the market incur a variety of operational and maintenance expenses that dramatically increase their total cost of ownership. Fortunately, some newer enhancements to traditional spectrometer technologies reduce or eliminate these expenses.
Learn how you can perform different petrochemical analyses quickly, accurately and cost-effectively with just one calibration more
This paper explains the fundamental differences between the two leading optical designs and discusses how each technology deals with technical challenges more
SPECTRO Analytical Instruments GmbH announced that Dr. Christoph Mätzig has been named to succeed Manfred Bergsch as Managing Director. Bergsch retired on July 1, 2016, and Dr. Mätzig has assumed his responsibilities at SPECTRO, a leading manufacturer of measurement instruments for elementa ... more
SPECTRO Analytical Instruments, a leading manufacturer of advanced instruments for elemental analysis, has announced a major milestone — the shipment of its 40,000th spectrometer. The “milestone instrument,” a SPECTRO ARCOS state-of-the-art optical emission spectrometer with inductively cou ... more
SPECTRO Analytical Instruments announced that it has been acquired by AMETEK, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electric motors. SPECTRO was acquired from an investor group led by German Equity Partners BV for approximately EUR80 million ($98 million). With i ... more
- 1Microwave freeze drying of fruits & vegetables
- 2Comparing ICP-OES Analyzers' Plasma Views: Axial, Radial, Dual, MultiView, and New Dual Side-On Interface
- 3Which ICP-OES Optical Technology Offers Superior Performance: Echelle or ORCA?
- 4Polyether-Modified Silicones for Cosmetic Applications
- 5Field-Flow Fractionation - The Universal Separation Principle for Particle and Macromolecule Characterization
- 6Which ICP-OES Optical Technology Offers Superior Performance: Echelle or ORCA?
- 7How new spectrometer technologies substantially cut operating costs
- 8Why Flame AAS Users Are Moving Up to ICP-OES
- 9Why ICP-OES User Are Moving up to the Latest Technology
- 10Metals and Trace Elements in Aqueous Solutions