Roche and SynenTec announced that Roche will transfer its Cellavista business to SynenTec, the German company which is the original inventor of the Cellavista System. This agreement was made as a result of the Roche Applied Science decision to focus its business, and guarantees future optim ... more
New Analytica Research Prize from Roche and the GBM Strengthens Research in Germany
Roche and the German Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (GBM) are reorienting their joint research prize this year. Funded by Roche to the value of 50,000 euros, the prize is awarded by the GBM every two years to one or two scientists. The declared aim of this prize is to recognize outstanding scientific work within the rising generation of scientists working in Germany and to identify the high-flyers in bioanalytical research. It honours their pioneering work, specifically in the form of innovative methods or scientific findings in the fields of molecular, biological and biochemical analysis.
Manfred Baier, Head of Roche Applied Science explains: "The fact that the prize will recognize German research work is designed to give new impetus to Germany's standing as a key location for science and research."
The President of the German Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Professor Alfred Wittinghofer, will award the first new prize to two German scientists at the opening ceremony of Analytica on 1 April 2008. The prize-winners will present their award-winning work to a wider audience during the Analytica Conference.
- molecular biology
A team of researchers from Roche, including scientists from Roche Pharma Research and Early Development and Roche NimbleGen, reported in Genome Research that they have generated the first draft genome sequence of the cynomolgus monkey (Macaca fascicularis) and developed a novel microarray d ... more
The xCELLigence RTCA System of Roche is being used in the European Union’s DETECTIVE ("Detection of endpoints and biomarkers for repeated dose toxicity using in vitro systems”) Project, a joint study funded by the European Cosmetics Association (Colipa) and the European Commission, where Ro ... more
Current questions and approaches in analysis are in the focus of the analytica conference, which will take place from October 19 to 23, 2020, in the context of analytica virtual in a purely digital manner. In 31 sessions, which will be broadcast repeatedly in order to enable participation i ... more
Dr. Matthias Selbach, biologist at the Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine (MDC) Berlin-Buch, Germany, has been honored with the Analytica Research Prize 2010 in an award ceremony at the Analytica 2010 trade fair in Munich. Dr. Selbach received the prize, which is endowed with 25 000 ... more
"There's nothing like starting young" - so goes the old German proverb. The truth of this saying is demonstrated by the two up-and-coming German scientists Dr. Gerhard Schratt (35) and Prof. Albert Sickmann (34). They will receive the 50,000 euro Analytica Research Prize for 2008. The two r ... more
Roche announced that it has acquired Stratos Genomics, an early-stage sequencing technology company to advance the development of Roche’s nanopore sequencer. The acquisition provides Roche access to Stratos Genomics unique chemistry, Sequencing by Expansion (SBX™). The Roche nanopore sequen ... more
Roche announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for the cobas® SARS-CoV-2 Test. It is intended for the qualitative detection of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19 disease, in nasopharyngeal and oropharyngeal swab sampl ... more
Roche announced it has acquired CAPP Medical, a genomics research company founded by Stanford University oncologists and industry veterans, to advance the development of technology for cancer screening and monitoring through the detection of circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA) in blood. CAPP Med ... more
- 1analytica 2020 with very good results in the digital format
- 2Researchers find the favourite food of an enigmatic intestinal bacterium
- 3Spread of a novel SARS-CoV-2 variant across Europe in summer 2020
- 4How deadly parasites ‘glide’ into human cells
- 5analytica 2020: The world’s largest virtual trade fair for analysis, laboratory technology and biotechnology
- 6New cancer diagnostics: A glimpse into the tumor in 3D
- 7Midbrain organoids for automated chemical screening and disease research
- 8Artificial Intelligence has learned to estimate oil viscosity
- 9Nanopatterns of proteins detected by cryo-electron microscopy
- 10World record resolution in cryo-electron microscopy
- M&A in chemicals and life sciences slowed down by global lockdowns
- SOPAT GmbH and Malvern Panalytical announce a distribution agreement for US ...
- Clariant enhances capabilities at Clinton, Oklahoma
- Eurofins acquires German pharma quality service company
- DKSH and Bruker AXS sign distribution agreement for Asia Pacific