Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. announced the first published demonstration in primates that a systemically delivered RNAi therapeutic can potently silence an endogenous disease-causing gene in a clinically relevant manner. Alnylam and its collaborators at Protiva Biotherapeutics, Inc., demon ... more
Alnylam Grants Bio-Rad License to Kreutzer-Limmer Patents for the RNA Interference (RNAi) Research Products Market
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. announced today that it has granted Bio-Rad a non-exclusive license to provide RNAi research products under the Kreutzer-Limmer patent family. This patent family, owned exclusively by Alnylam, covers small interfering RNAs (siRNAs) and their use to mediate RNAi in mammalian cells.
"Execution of this license agreement with Bio-Rad, a global leader in the life science research community, continues to underscore the value of the Kreutzer-Limmer patent family as a critical component of fundamental intellectual property in the field of RNAi," said Roland Kreutzer, Ph.D., Managing Director of Alnylam Europe AG. "This agreement brings the number of licenses that Alnylam has granted to more than 20, including 13 with research product suppliers. In fact, we believe that over 75 percent of industrial sales of siRNAs for research purposes are currently being made under access to Alnylam's intellectual property."
- RNA interference
- Life Science
- license agreements
Novartis and Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. announced that they have formed a new collaboration to develop RNAi therapeutics for pandemic flu. This collaboration is in addition to the collaboration formed by the two companies in September 2005, and significantly reinforces the development pr ... more
A collaboration between Malvern Instruments and Bio-Radhas delivered new analytical tools for the rapid identification of unknown particles. New software to support Malvern’s Morphologi G3-ID, which analyzes particle size, shape and chemical composition, enables the direct comparison of mea ... more
Applied Biosystems, an Applera Corporation business, and Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. announced that they have entered into a settlement agreement resolving the patent infringement lawsuit originally filed by Applera and Roche Molecular Systems against MJ Research (acquired by Bio-Rad in 2004 ... more
Applera Corporation and Bio-Rad Laboratories announced both parties are conducting settlement discussions concerning the patent infringement lawsuit brought by Applera and Roche Molecular Systems (Roche) against MJ Research in the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut. The goa ... more
- 1Detect neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's by a simple eye scan?
- 2Fluorescence microscopy at highest spatial and temporal resolution
- 3The Mechanics of the Immune System
- 4Resolve Biosciences Launches New Era in Single-Cell Spatial Analysis
- 5Quick look under the skin
- 6New ion trap to create the world's most accurate mass spectrometer
- 7How does your computer smell?
- 8Clocking electron movements inside an atom
- 9Sartorius closes 2020 with strong growth
- 10A clear path to better insights into biomolecules
- OLS OMNI Life Science and Namocell sign distribution agreement
- Many researchers are familiar with the problem: Before there are any new fin ...
- oncgnostics cooperates with the Medical University of Graz
- NanoTemper Technologies teams up with PharmAI to help researchers spot game- ...
- Lab supplies out of the 3D printer