OriGene and Cytomyx Collaborate to Develop New Biomarker Validation Technologies
OriGene Technologies Inc. announced they have entered into an agreement with Cytomyx Holdings, PLC to co-develop new tools to profile gene expression and biomarker validation in a range of human cancers.
Under the terms of the agreement, Cytomyx shall supply hundreds of highly characterized RNA samples from a wide range of major cancers from its extensive Biorepository. OriGene will use these samples to develop new generations of their existing Rapid-Scan Gene Expression Panel product line. The new Rapid-Scan panels shall enable researchers to profile gene expression levels in these patient derived samples to determine linkages between gene expression and tumor occurrence and development.
Cytomyx also intends to develop complementary tissue microarrays (TMAs), which can be used to further investigate these linkages at the protein expression level using immunohistochemistry.
- gene expression
- tissue microarrays
- protein expression
- OriGene Technologies
- 1New approach facilitates spectroscopy on individual molecules
- 2Growth factors in single cells counted for the first time
- 3Water is more homogeneous than expected
- 4Thomas Heydler appointed to the Supervisory Board of Eppendorf AG
- 5Cell atlas of the aging lung
- 6New technique for in-cell distance determination
- 7Beckman Coulter strenghtens laboratory automation business
- 8KNAUER among the top one percent of employers in Germany
- 9Decoding Lil BUB: Crowdfunded project reveals genome of internet celebrity cat
- 10In-depth insights into glass corrosion
- Andrew Alliance and Sartorius collaborate to provide software-connected pipettes
- SOPAT GmbH and Malvern Panalytical announce a distribution agreement for US ...
- Bracco Imaging and Shanghai Pharmaceuticals join forces in the field of ultr ...
- DKSH and Bruker AXS sign distribution agreement for Asia Pacific
- Is it time to abandon the Nobel Prize?