LGC Genomics, the genomics division of LGC, announced that it has completed the sequencing of the whole transcriptome of the different developmental stages of Jatropha curcas seeds on behalf of the Austrian Bioplant R&D, Vienna and the PBU, Department of Biotechnology, VIBT-BOKU, Vienna.LGC ... more
AGOWA and nadicom agreed to strategic co-operation in the area of microorganism identification
Microorganisms in the pharmaceutical, cosmetic and food industries can result in undesired contamination, the aim is to prevent such contamination. Should, however, bacterial and fungal growth be found, it is absolutely necessary that the microorganisms be identified and classified as rapidly as possible in order to be able to take suitable countermeasures. In order to identify a microorganism, a specific part of the hereditary material is amplified via PCR and the DNA sequence is determined.
AGOWA and nadicom have developed a cost-saving sequencing strategy for this purpose in order to investigate and take stock of the microorganisms present in the sample within the shortest time possible. Sequence quality is decisive here, as different strains can only be characterised by extremely small differences between the base pairs. The analysis is then carried out using the nadicom databank which has records of more than 10000 sequences; this databank is also continually being extended. This means that a very wide range of prokaryotic and eukaryotic organisms are covered.
LGC announced the launch of its new LGC Genomics division. Since LGC acquired Berlin-based AGOWA GmbH in 2005, genomics has seen successful growth as part of LGC’s Life & Food Sciences Division. Through AGOWA genomics, LGC has provided an array of flexible nucleic acid sample extraction ser ... more
- 1Detect neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's by a simple eye scan?
- 2Fluorescence microscopy at highest spatial and temporal resolution
- 3The Mechanics of the Immune System
- 4Resolve Biosciences Launches New Era in Single-Cell Spatial Analysis
- 5Quick look under the skin
- 6New ion trap to create the world's most accurate mass spectrometer
- 7How does your computer smell?
- 8Clocking electron movements inside an atom
- 9Sartorius closes 2020 with strong growth
- 10A clear path to better insights into biomolecules
- OLS OMNI Life Science and Namocell sign distribution agreement
- Many researchers are familiar with the problem: Before there are any new fin ...
- oncgnostics cooperates with the Medical University of Graz
- NanoTemper Technologies teams up with PharmAI to help researchers spot game- ...
- Lab supplies out of the 3D printer