Beckman Coulter Life Sciences signed a definitive agreement to acquire m2p-labs, a privately held, microbioreactor manufacturer based in Baesweiler, Germany. m2p-labs is best known for its transformative BioLector plate-based microbioreactors, which support automated solutions for screening ... more
Beckman Coulter strenghtens laboratory automation business
Acquires of acoustic liquid handling company
Beckman Coulter Life Sciences announced its acquisition of Labcyte, a privately held, acoustic liquid handling company based in San Jose, California.
Labcyte is best known for its Echo® acoustic droplet ejection technology, which uses sound waves to transfer tiny amounts of liquid with unequalled speed and accuracy. This technology - the centerpiece of Labcyte’s Echo Liquid Handlers - enables walkaway convenience and integration capabilities. Labcyte technology enables faster and more cost-effective laboratory workflows in applications such as drug discovery and genomics.
“Labcyte’s unique product portfolio complements our existing liquid handling and laboratory automation business. It provides new opportunities to develop and enhance time-saving solutions for customer workflows,” said Jonathan Pratt, President, Beckman Coulter Life Sciences. “Labcyte and Beckman Coulter Life Sciences share a common vision of advancing science through discovery, enabling the faster discovery and development of life-changing advances in medicine. Together we will make a powerful team, and an invaluable resource for current and future customers around the world.”
“It has been an exciting journey—from developing acoustic liquid-dispensing technology in a garage to establishing a global presence, and now to be joining forces with a life sciences technology leader,” said Richard Ellson, CTO and a Founder of Labcyte. “Acoustic liquid handling is quickly becoming the backbone for high-throughput, automated workflows, and we look forward to accelerating growth and innovation as part of the Beckman Coulter Life Sciences team.”
Labcyte will transition into Beckman Coulter Life Sciences under the larger Danaher Life Sciences platform of companies, which generates approximately $6.5 billion in annual revenue.
- acoustic droplet ejection
- acoustic liquid handling
Beckman Coulter Life Sciences announced that their Aquios CL flow cytometer has been accepted by the World Health Organization (WHO) Prequalification of In Vitro Diagnostics Programme. It can now be used specifically for the immunologic assessment of patients having, or suspected of having, ... more
Siemens Healthcare is selling its microbiology business to Beckman Coulter Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Danaher Corporation. The activities of the microbiology business include systems for the identification and antibiotic susceptibility testing (ID/AST) of microorganisms. The decisio ... more
Labcyte announced the grant of its first patent in China. Patent CN 101035681B describes how acoustic energy is used to assess the characteristics of any fluid in real time to optimize its transfer. The Labcyte acoustic droplet ejection technology offers touchless transfer of a wide variety ... more
Labcyte announced the grant of its 40th US patent. Patent number 7,717,544 describes how in real time acoustic energy is optimized to transfer a droplet of any fluid, even those that are unknown. Labcyte’s acoustic droplet ejection technology offers touchless transfer of a wide variety of f ... more
Labcyte announced the selection of Bioscreen Instruments Pvt. Ltd. as its exclusive distributor in India. “Bioscreen is a leading distributor in India. They will be a great partner for us,” said Stephen Bates, Sr. Vice President of Sales, Marketing and Service of Labcyte Inc. “As we conti ... more
- 1Smartphone-powered microchip for at-home medical diagnostic testing developed
- 2Measuring the ‘wettability’ of graphene and other 2D materials
- 3analytica 2022: Analytics that benefit consumer and environmental protection
- 4New technique shows in detail where drug molecules hit their targets in the body
- 5Why are neuron axons long and spindly?
- 6Researchers demonstrate label-free super-resolution microscopy
- 7Bruker and TOFWERK Form Strategic Partnership
- 8A sharper image for proteins
- 9Nanotechnology enables visualization of RNA structures at near-atomic resolution
- 10Seeing more deeply into nanomaterials
- Beckman Coulter strenghtens laboratory automation business
- Waters acquires DESI-MS technology from Prosolia
- Agilent aigns agreement to acquire assets from Young In Scientific Co. Ltd.
- Zeiss strenghtens in-house quality and production management
- Oxford Nanopore raises 140M € from international investors