Markus Lusser is the new President and Director of Leica Microsystems, headquartered in Wetzlar, Germany. This appointment became effective July 1, 2015. He succeeds Andries Peter Jan van den Broek who has left the company. Before joining Leica Microsystems, Markus Lusser was Vice President ... more
Yale University and Leica Microsystems Partner to Establish Microscopy Center of Excellence
On Monday, October 20, 2014, Yale University West Campus will open the doors to a new microscopy Center of Excellence made possible through a partnership with Leica Microsystems. Housed in a newly created core facility, the Leica Center of Excellence at Yale West Campus will provide scientists with access to cutting-edge imaging tools to resolve sub-cellular structures and forward scientific discoveries. This relationship will afford researchers access to expert technical and applications support, along with instrumentation which Leica Microsystems will continuously update with the latest technology. In addition, Yale and Leica Microsystems will collaborate in the development of novel imaging technologies.
Through this partnership, Leica Microsystems gains access to world-class scientists and the latest developments in research applications. Yale and Leica Microsystems will work together to test prototype products and share ideas on how to improve imaging workflows. “We are extremely excited to embark on this journey of discovery with Yale University as our first such partnership in the USA,” said Doug Reed, General Manager of Leica Microsystems North America. “This cooperation will provide some of the best scientific minds access to imaging tools previously out of reach, plus allow Leica Microsystems ready access to new ideas from outstanding scientific leaders, which will be used to guide development of tomorrow’s innovations.”
- Yale University
The Scientist magazine has chosen the Leica TCS SP8 STED 3X as one of the Top 10 Innovations 2014 that will change the way life scientists work. An independent jury of experts from science and industry selected the latest generation of Leica Microsystems’ super-resolution microscopes. This ... more
Leica Microsystems has strengthened the alliance with its Turkish distributors Mikro-Optik Tıbbi Malzeme Ithalat Ihracat ve Ticaret Limited Şirketi and Gantenbein Ticaret Mürsel Gelincik ve Ortağı Adi Komandit Şirketi, thereby deepening its market presence in Turkey. All relevant assets of ... more
Visually inspect and chemically analyze in a single work step with your DM6 M LIBS materials analysis solution. The integrated laser spectroscopy function delivers the chemical composition of the microstructure that you see in the microscope image – within a second. Speed up your workflow ... more
By severely curtailing the effects of antibiotics, the formation of organized communities of bacterial cells known as biofilms can be deadly during surgeries and in urinary tract infections. Yale researchers have just come a lot closer to understanding how these biofilms develop, and potent ... more
Yale is adding microscopy that provides an unprecedented view of specimens whose thickness had thwarted close inspection Biological structures exist and function in three dimensions, but the limitations of imaging technology have long meant that scientists could examine only two dimensions ... more
Yale University researchers have developed a way in which medical imaging could potentially be used to assess a patient's rupture risk for abdominal aortic aneurysm. Delaying surgical treatment can be life-threatening, and this new type of imaging could allow physicians to diagnose disease ... more
- 1Detect neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's by a simple eye scan?
- 2Fluorescence microscopy at highest spatial and temporal resolution
- 3The Mechanics of the Immune System
- 4Resolve Biosciences Launches New Era in Single-Cell Spatial Analysis
- 5Quick look under the skin
- 6New ion trap to create the world's most accurate mass spectrometer
- 7How does your computer smell?
- 8Clocking electron movements inside an atom
- 9Sartorius closes 2020 with strong growth
- 10A clear path to better insights into biomolecules
- NanoTemper Technologies teams up with PharmAI to help researchers spot game- ...
- Lab supplies out of the 3D printer
- Waters Collaborates with Dr. Sunghwan Kim of Kyungpook National University t ...
- Merck Collaborates with Mammoth Biosciences to Scale New SARS-CoV-2 Test
- InnoME and Etaluma Announce Imaging Strategic Partnership
- Researchers develop blood test for depression, bipolar disorder
- Doping by athletes could become tougher to hide with new detection method
- Tiny brains grown in 3D-printed bioreactor
- LabVantage Solutions Names Digital Transformation Veteran Mikael Hagstroem as Chief Executive Officer
- PerkinElmer Completes Acquisition of Oxford Immunotec