Roche announced it has acquired CAPP Medical, a genomics research company founded by Stanford University oncologists and industry veterans, to advance the development of technology for cancer screening and monitoring through the detection of circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA) in blood. CAPP Med ... more
Roche and Molecular Partners enter into alliancePartnership will combine novel biologics (DARPins) with Roche drug-conjugate technology
Roche and Molecular Partners AG announced that they have entered into a research collaboration and licensing agreement to discover, develop and commercialize several proprietary therapeutics incorporating Molecular Partners’ DARPin® biologics conjugated to toxic agents developed at Roche for the treatment of cancer.
DARPin-drug conjugates would be an exciting new class of drugs offering the potential of enhanced efficacy with substantial patient benefit over existing therapies.
“We are excited about this collaboration as the DARPin platform is truly complementary to our internal capabilities in the large molecule space,” Sylke Poehling, Head of Large Molecule Research at Roche commented. “In the field of drug conjugates, we have identified an excellent opportunity to combine our expertise with the leading company in non-antibody scaffold technology to develop transformative cancer medicines.”
- Molecular Partners
Roche announced the acquisition of Signature Diagnostics AG, a privately held company based in Potsdam, Germany. Signature is a translational oncology and genomics company that develops large blood plasma and tissue biobanks in multiple cancers, including colorectal and lung, which are cons ... more
Roche announced the acquisition of Bina Technologies, Inc. (Bina), a privately held company based in Redwood City, California, USA. Bina provides a big data platform for centralized management and processing of next generation sequencing (NGS) data. "The acquisition of Bina is a significant ... more
- 1Eye scan makes diseases visible at an early stage
- 2Biomarkers indicate health in old age
- 3PerkinElmer Announces Leadership Succession Plan
- 4First high-speed hard X-ray microscopic movies at a free-electron laser
- 5Tomoscopy: new imaging method
- 6David Alsteens Receives 2019 Heinrich Emanuel Merck Award for Analytical Science
- 7Retina-on-a-chip provides powerful tool for studying eye disease
- 8Google Maps for tissues
- 9How do atoms vibrate in graphene nanostructures?
- 10FLAM-seq: the full picture of messenger RNA and their tails