In October 2021, LUM GmbH started a strategic partnership with the French company VIALAB SARL in order to be able to offer French customers greater expertise in solving their questions in the field of bitumen, petroleum and related emulsions. Under the patronage of LUM France, VIALAB SARL w ... more
LUM is nominated for the Innovation Award Berlin-Brandenburg 2012
Adhesion Analyser LUMiFrac is a hot favourite for a prize
LUM GmbH is nominated for the Innovation Award with the new Adhesion Analyser LUMiFrac. From more than 100 applications LUM was nominated into the final five candidates.
With the LUMiFrac® LUM, currently known as market leader in innovative analysers for direct and accelerated stability analysis and particle characterization of dispersions, now offers customer solutions in the field of material testing, too. The first product is already nominated for a prize.
Quintessence of the innovation is a multi-patented measuring technology for online determination of adhesive and tensile strength of composite material, multi-layer films and bonded parts. In contrast to common single sample pulling test now up to 8 specimen are simultaneously measured in a special rotor of a centrifuge. The centrifugal force acts as the test load. The programmable change of the rotor speed increases the applied force onto the specimen up to the breaking point. During rotation a measuring electronics, directly placed onto the rotor, sends position coded signals, allowing the transmission of the time and rotor speed of breakage to the PC-based SEPView® software. SEPView® automatically calculates the corresponding force of breakage and enables offline analysis and automatic comparison for up to 24 samples.
The main benefits include:
1. Simple and fast sample preparation
2. Simultaneous measurement of multiple samples
3. Use of planar as well as of individual test surfaces
4. Quantitative measurement with high reproducibility
5. Very high sample throughput.
LUM GmbH is a leading international provider of innovative measurement technology for dispersion analysis and materials testing. Since the founding of the company by Prof. Dr. Dr. D. Lerche in 1994, LUM is also obliged to science. The company promotes science and technology and contributes ... more
From 22-23 May 2019 LUM GmbH hosts the 9th International Conference Dispersion Analysis & Materials Testing in Berlin, Germany. Since 2014 the Young Scientist Award (YSA) recognizes outstanding scientific work by young researchers in the areas of particle and dispersion characterization and ... more
Nanoparticle & droplet: size distribution, density, Hansen parameters, magnetization, adhesion ✓ Direct & accelerated stability information for R&D, QC, upscaling of suspensions & emulsions more
The multi-wavelength STEP technology now handles applications at 4-80 C with temperature stability of +/- 0.2K. more
Test formulations under original storage & usage temperatures, regardless of whether they are sold in cold, temperate or hot climates more
The multi-wavelength LUMiSizer complements the near-infrared (NIR) LUMiSizer. An additional, blue light source enables particle characterization in the lower nanometer range. Shorter wavelengths increase the sensitivity for translucent & low-concentrated dispersions. The analytical photocen ... more
The new generation of the proven stability analyzer LUMiFuge® considerably simplifies quality control in industry by introducing the instability index in the SEPView® 6 software. The LUMiFuge, which uses the measuring principle of analytical centrifugation, is one of the standard devices fo ... more
- 1Alzheimer's early detection up to 17 years in advance
- 2‘Smart necklace’ biosensor may track health status through sweat
- 3Smoke Detector “Sniffs out” Causes of Fire
- 4New FRITSCH Technology Centre Particle Sizing
- 5Attosecond measurement on electrons in water clusters
- 6First electric nanomotor made from DNA material
- 7Unchartered territory in the human genome
- 8Breakthrough: Prospect of blood test for Parkinson’s disease for the first time
- 9Nano-Rust: Smart Additive for Autonomous Temperature Control
- 10How to find marker genes in cell clusters
- Abbott Receives FDA Emergency Use Authorization and Launches Test to Detect ...
- Mologic awarded c.£1 million by UK government to develop rapid diagnostic te ...
- Oxford Nanopore raises 140M € from international investors
- Optimizing costs for companies with on-site power generation
- SpinDiag Raises 1.6 Mio. EUR Seed-Capital