Following the first data in benign and malignant fine-needle aspiration (FNA) samples, Exonhit announced successful completion of the second phase of the validation study of EHT Dx14, a new transcriptomic signature allowing to differentiate, at molecular level, benign breast tumors from mal ... more
Exonhit and BGI Announce Successful Completion of a Promising Next-Generation Sequencing Project
Combining complementary platforms facilitates rapid and comprehensive discovery and development of biologically relevant markers
Exonhit and BGI announced the successful completion of a project dedicated to expanding Exonhit’s Genome-Wide SpliceArrayTM to an additional strategic preclinical animal model species.
To answer the need for a comprehensive understanding of gene deregulation and the expanding interest in developing biomarkers and molecular diagnostic tests for complex diseases, Exonhit and BGI decided to leverage their technology and know-how by combining the complementary features of massive parallel sequencing and Exonhit’s proprietary SpliceArray™ platform.
“Combining BGI’s next-generation sequencing ability with the profiling efficiency of Exonhit unique SpliceArray™ platform to discover new transcript content will enable a better understanding of the biology contributing to the onset and progression of disease. This new powerful combination will facilitate the rapid discovery, development and commercialization of the most relevant therapeutics, biomarkers and molecular diagnostics. We look forward to working with BGI as a preferred partner on future discovery projects,” commented Matthew Pando, Ph.D., Executive Vice President, Therapeutics at Exonhit.
“There is a high need for biomarker discovery as Pharma and Biotech players search for prognostic and predictive biomarkers in animal models, for designing clinical trials and developing companion diagnostics,” said Zifei Yang, Director of Pharma Business Development at BGI. “BGI Europe is pleased to partner with Exonhit to leverage BGI’s next-generation sequencing technology with Exonhit’s SpliceArray™ platform.”
- ExonHit Therapeutics
- molecular diagnostics
ExonHit Therapeutics announced successful completion of the first phase of the validation study of EHT Dx14, a new transcriptomic signature allowing to differentiate, at molecular level, benign breast tumors from malignant ones.“These very promising first results confirm EHT Dx14 capability ... more
ExonHit Therapeutics S.A. announced that it entered into a binding agreement for the acquisition of RedPath Integrated Pathology, Inc., a privately held molecular diagnostics company, focused on cancer. RedPath will become part of ExonHit’s US operations. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, Penns ... more
QIAGEN N.V. announced that it has expanded its relationship with BG to provide QIAGEN’s Ingenuity® Variant Analysis™ in integrated bioinformatics for all customers of BGI’s sequencing services. Under the reseller agreement, BGI customers will receive sequencing data generated from their sam ... more
An international research team, led by Institute of Oceanology of Chinese Academy of Sciences and BGI, has completed the sequencing, assembly and analysis of Pacific oyster (Crassostrea gigas) genome — the first mollusk genome to be sequenced — that will help to fill a void in our understan ... more
The South China Center for Innovative Pharmaceuticals, Sun Yat-Sen University, and BGI, the world's largest genomic organization, announced that they were among the research organizations from China, US and UK comprising an international research group that completed the genome sequence and ... more
- 1A new, highly sensitive chemical sensor uses protein nanowires
- 2New COVID-19 test quickly and accurately detects viral RNA
- 3Researcher Develops One Minute Coronavirus Test
- 4Diagnostic biosensor quickly detects SARS-CoV-2 from nasopharyngeal swabs
- 5The Higgs boson and superconductivity
- 6A new biosensor for the COVID-19 virus
- 7A Glimpse into Real-Time Methanol Synthesis
- 8Single-cell RNA seq method developed to accurately quantify cell-specific drug effects in pancreatic islets
- 9Start-up Raises 16.3 million Euros to Prepare Market Launch of its SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Testing System
- 10Sartorius closes acquisition of selected assets of Danaher Life Sciences
- Merck and Rigaku Form Partnership to Develop Novel Molecular Structure Analy ...
- DKSH and Bruker AXS strengthen partnership in China
- Are Drones Coming to Life Science Labs?
- Andrew Alliance and Sartorius collaborate to provide software-connected pipettes
- SOPAT GmbH and Malvern Panalytical announce a distribution agreement for US ...