The Department of Energy's Oak Ridge National Laboratory and SCIEX of Framingham, Mass., have signed a licensing agreement for technologies that speed up, simplify and expand the use of analytic chemistry equipment. SCIEX is a manufacturer of mass spectrometers used to identify and characte ... more
AB SCIEX Collaborates with Major German Water Supply Company to Improve Identification of Contaminants in Drinking Water
AB SCIEX announced a collaboration with Landeswasserversorgung Water Supply, one of the foremost water supply and treatment organizations in Europe, to improve the identification of contaminants in drinking water. Scientists at the waterworks in Langenau are using a new generation of mass spectrometry technology to develop new test methods that can be adopted by testing facilities around the world to obtain better results for water analysis.
This collaboration responds to the continued issue of tainted drinking water and addresses the need to increase information about contaminants that are not typically targeted in water testing and can easily go undetected by current technologies. To better serve the public interest, Landeswasserversorgung Water Supply, which provides drinking water to approximately 3 million people in southern Germany, is analyzing water from the Danube River with AB SCIEX mass spectrometry technology through which a wider range of harmful chemicals can be detected.
To produce this critical information from general unknown screening of organic compounds in water, this German water supply company has installed the AB SCIEX TripleTOF 5600 System. They will utilize this system to develop new methods to expand the range of contaminants that can be screened in repeatable, systematic ways.
The analysis and method development will take place at Landeswasserversorgung Water Supply’s facilities in Germany. The scientists will also validate the methods to save time and expense for other water testing laboratories. Earlier this month, Landeswasserversorgung Water Supply presented details of its strategies and progress, including its partnership with AB SCIEX, at its on-site symposium ‘Langenauer Wasserforum’, which was attended by hundreds of European water testing experts to learn about better ways to analyze water. Landeswasserversorgung has a successful history of working with AB SCIEX, including past development of targeted methods with QTRAP technology to integrate quantitative and qualitative analysis for water testing.
The Human Proteome Organization (HUPO) will award Christie Hunter, Ph.D, director of proteomics applications at AB SCIEX, its 2013 Science and Technology Award at an award ceremony HUPO 2013 conference in Japan. Dr. Hunter is being recognized for her contributions to the development and co ... more
AB SCIEX announced that it has achieved ISO 13485 certification for its quality management system. ISO 13485 is an international standard that requires a manufacturer to demonstrate a comprehensive and compliant quality management system suitable for the design and manufacturing of medical ... more
- 1Researchers grow cells in 'paper organs'
- 2Screening proteins to expose early signs of illness
- 3Blood biopsy: New technique enables detailed genetic analysis of cancer cells
- 4Nanometre gaps can crystallise liquids
- 5Detecting cancer before it spreads
- 6International conference in May celebrates 25th anniversary of LUM GmbH in Berlin
- 7A Close Look at Lithium Batteries
- 8ZEISS Innovations Help Achieve Strong Growth
- 9Early in vitro testing for adverse effects on embryos
- 10Tracking Small Things in Cells
- DKSH and Bruker AXS strengthen partnership in China
- Are Drones Coming to Life Science Labs?
- Andrew Alliance and Sartorius collaborate to provide software-connected pipettes
- SOPAT GmbH and Malvern Panalytical announce a distribution agreement for US ...
- Bracco Imaging and Shanghai Pharmaceuticals join forces in the field of ultr ...