Dr. Stefan Arnold is the new Chief Scientific Officer and member of the executive board at InstrAction GmbH Ludwigshafen. In this function, he is responsible for product development and manufacture of novel agent-specific (both chemical and biological active ingredients and agents) affinity ... more
Novasep and instrAction enter a worldwide strategic alliance for non-chiral chromatography
Novasep and instrAction announced that they have entered a strategic alliance. The alliance will offer customers in the life science industry a combination of instrAction’s proprietary API-selective stationary phases (Instruction® Receptor Phase) and Novasep purification capabilities and high performance chromatography technologies. These will be used to develop, operate or supply optimized large scale chromatography processes for purifying synthetic and hemi-synthetic compounds.
This combined approach will provide a purification process or service with guaranteed. It will also enable pharmaceutical companies using Novasep’s and instrAction’s services to secure key process intellectual property for their valuable molecules including new molecular entities and generic active pharmaceutical ingredients (API).
For each targeted molecule, at the customer’s option, instrAction will identify the API-selective stationary phase most appropriate to customer needs from its library of over 3,000 phases - constantly expanded by new prototypes and perform process optimization services assisted by Novasep with the latter’s unique computer simulation software. Depending on individual customer requirements, there will be two main options after development: either, purification (and synthesis if required) by Novasep; or transfer of the process to the customer including the supply of a turnkey chromatography process system with guaranteed performance by Novasep and the supply of the API-selective stationary phase by instrAction.
“With the ever-increasing complexity of pharmaceutical compounds, traditional purification processes including crystallization, and even normal or reversed phase chromatography, are often too expensive, and, worse, ineffective,” says René de Vaumas, executive vice president in charge of Novasep Synthesis’ business development. “instrAction’s stationary phases have already demonstrated dramatically improved purification costs for several difficult-to-purify compounds at medium to large scale,” he added.
Sartorius announced that, through its subgroup Sartorius Stedim Biotech, it closed the acquisition of the Novasep chromatography division as of February 7, 2022, following approval by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. The transaction had already been agreed upon at the beginning of 2021. T ... more
Novasep announces it has strengthened its position in the fine chemicals marketplace with the appointment of Udo Steinhauer as fine chemicals market director within the synthesis business unit of Novasep. Udo Steinhauer has a strong industrial experience gained over 18 years in diverse mana ... more
Novasep announced an investment of EUR 30 million to build in Europe what will be the world's largest chromatography plant used for the production of a large volume commercial API (active pharmaceutical ingredient).The plant will be built on Novasep's existing Mourenx site in France and wil ... more
- 1Miniaturized Lab-on-a-Chip for real-time Chemical Analysis of Liquids
- 2Organic thin-film sensors for light-source analysis and anti-counterfeiting applications
- 3A new era of early cancer detection with blood test may change cancer screening paradigms
- 4Beckman Coulter Life Sciences acquires Dublin biotech start-up
- 5Less risk, less costs: Portable spectroscopy devices could soon become real
- 6Mobile phone app accurately detects COVID-19 infection in people’s voices with the help of artificial intelligence
- 7Show me your brain scan and I'll tell you how old you really are
- 8Sensing pressure using paper
- 9The predictive power of blood: metabolomic profiling reveals risk of multiple diseases all at once
- 10Pharmacoscopy: Next-Generation Microscopy
- A new era of early cancer detection with blood test may change cancer screening paradigms
- A "nano-robot" built entirely from DNA to explore cell processes
- Hepatitis: 3D structure determination of the ‘gateway’ to the liver
- Ants can “sniff out” cancer!
- LUM enters into a strategic partnership for bitumen and petroleum analysis in France