Verder Scientific acquires Mager Scientific
The acquisition will greatly improve Verder Scientific’s impact on the US market
Verder Scientific has formally agreed to acquire all shares of the US company Mager Scientific Inc.
Mager Scientific is the distributor of metallographic and hardness testing equipment in the USA and represents the QATM product lines for metallographic preparation and hardness testing since 2005. The acquisition is therefore based on a long-standing successful cooperation between the two companies and will greatly improve Verder Scientific’s impact on the US market.
Mager Scientific has an excellent reputation for providing customers with the full range of material testing solutions and consumables. In addition to comprehensive product & application know-how, Mager Scientific will provide Verder Scientific with direct access to this important customer segment.
For Verder Scientific’s US entity, managing all other brands in North America, the acquisition of Mager Scientific provides a perfect opportunity to merge sales channels and benefit from each other’s contacts. QATM will gain direct access to their US customer base to guarantee perfect customer service.
Verder Scientific Inc. is based in Newtown, PA. Together with the Mager business, Verder Scientific US will become a major player in the distribution of quality control equipment, with annual sales of approx. $35 million. The new setup will allow Verder Scientific to close more strategic deals with key accounts in the world’s largest economy and to fully exploit the synergies between the brands.
- hardness testers
- material testing equipment
- 1Miniaturized Lab-on-a-Chip for real-time Chemical Analysis of Liquids
- 2Organic thin-film sensors for light-source analysis and anti-counterfeiting applications
- 3A new era of early cancer detection with blood test may change cancer screening paradigms
- 4Beckman Coulter Life Sciences acquires Dublin biotech start-up
- 5Less risk, less costs: Portable spectroscopy devices could soon become real
- 6Mobile phone app accurately detects COVID-19 infection in people’s voices with the help of artificial intelligence
- 7Show me your brain scan and I'll tell you how old you really are
- 8Sensing pressure using paper
- 9The predictive power of blood: metabolomic profiling reveals risk of multiple diseases all at once
- 10Pharmacoscopy: Next-Generation Microscopy