NanoTemper Technologies teams up with PharmAI to help researchers spot game-changing drug candidates from millions of possibilities
NanoTemper Technologies and PharmAI combine competencies to develop biophysical tools that remove costly and time-consuming guesswork from large datasets.
PharmAI announced a partnership with NanoTemper Technologies, the most innovative producer of biophysical characterization devices. Together, they will zero in on one of the biggest roadblocks to quick drug development: Researchers have to comb through large amounts of data to find the right drug candidates. This process is an innovation killer, making it difficult for small laboratories to do drug research and even discouraging large pharmaceutical companies from going after rare diseases.
“Researchers do not want to spend a lot of time dealing with measurements, they want to gain new knowledge and use it in their work,” said Dr. Joachim Haupt, CEO of PharmAI. “Our software makes helpful predictions about drug candidates and reduces millions of possibilities to a manageable size. NanoTemper’s instruments and software are able to validate these predictions so that researchers can proceed directly with the results.”
In the upcoming months, both companies will combine their technologies to develop a new generation of tools. NanoTemper’s biophysical instruments apply different optical measuring methods to molecules, allowing researchers to gain important information about their target’s size, stability, and bioactive potential. With the help of artificial intelligence from PharmAI’s DiscoveryEngine software, identifying relevant drug candidates in large databases will be possible.
“Getting life-saving drugs and therapies to market is more important than ever. To quickly make huge leaps in research, the focus of these new drug development tools will be on reliability and ease-of-use, so that as many people as possible are using them.” said Philipp Baaske, co-CEO of NanoTemper Technologies. “By working together with PharmAI, we’re able to focus our products on what researchers need to succeed in their work.”
- drug development
- drug candidates
- artificial intelligence
- 1Detect neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's by a simple eye scan?
- 2Fluorescence microscopy at highest spatial and temporal resolution
- 3The Mechanics of the Immune System
- 4Resolve Biosciences Launches New Era in Single-Cell Spatial Analysis
- 5Quick look under the skin
- 6New ion trap to create the world's most accurate mass spectrometer
- 7How does your computer smell?
- 8Clocking electron movements inside an atom
- 9Sartorius closes 2020 with strong growth
- 10A clear path to better insights into biomolecules
- OLS OMNI Life Science and Namocell sign distribution agreement
- Many researchers are familiar with the problem: Before there are any new fin ...
- oncgnostics cooperates with the Medical University of Graz
- NanoTemper Technologies teams up with PharmAI to help researchers spot game- ...
- Lab supplies out of the 3D printer