LAUDA DR. R. WOBSER GMBH & CO. KG has once again been declared World Market Leader Champion in the field of "Constant Temperature Equipment and Systems for Precise Temperature Generation". This is the fifth award in a row for LAUDA. The family-owned company has been represented in the World ... more
Lab supplies out of the 3D printer
LAUDA invests in Better Basics start-up
LAUDA will cooperate with Better Basics Laborbedarf GmbH (BBL). The Dresden-based company, founded in 2019, develops, manufactures and sells smart basic equipment for laboratories that simplifies the organization of laboratory workstations and supports laboratory employees in their daily work with individually manufactured organizational systems. The modular systems are produced using 3D printing technology. In addition to an equity investment, LAUDA is primarily focusing on synergies for the jointly addressed laboratory market. For LAUDA, this is already the third successful cooperation with a start-up after watttron and ENER-IQ. This is part of the family-owned company's comprehensive innovation strategy, which, in addition to cooperation with innovative start-ups, is also driving extensive digitization measures or sustainable idea management in the group of companies, among other things.
Cooperation at eye level
Thanks to its in-depth expertise in 3D printing technology and the materials used in this process, the start-up BBL is able to realize individual customer requirements in the field of laboratory equipment. The SmartRack organization system, for example, can be equipped with 3D-printed modules as needed, providing holders for pipettes, round-bottom flasks or waste containers. The modules can be freely combined in terms of quantity and position. In cooperation with BBL, LAUDA can offer customer-centric product solutions. This strengthens the laboratory technology segment, in which LAUDA already successfully markets high-quality laboratory equipment for a wide range of applications.
The cooperation is also intended to expand the technology expertise in 3D printing within the LAUDA Group. »The start-up cooperation with Better Basics Laborbedarf provides further access to innovative technologies, which, in addition to synergies with our research and development department, also provides new impetus directly in sales,« says Robert Tietze, Start-Up Manager at LAUDA. LAUDA is already using 3D printing in the series production of its temperature control units.
»A central aspect of LAUDA's innovation strategy is the targeted cooperation with innovative, young companies that complement and further advance our core competence, temperature control,« explains Dr. Gunther Wobser, President and CEO of LAUDA. »With Better Basics, we have once again made a find and can offer customer-specific solutions to the laboratory market. In addition, we expect to gain valuable insights in the field of 3D printing for the production of our temperature control units,« says Dr. Gunther Wobser.
»We at Better Basics Laborbedarf are very pleased to have gained a strategic partner in LAUDA, who will support us in our further growth. In this way, we can benefit from LAUDA's many years of experience and exploit synergies in sales, among other things«, says Mario Schneider, CEO of Better Basics Laborbedarf.
- laboratory equipment
- 3D printing
- laboratory supplies
LAUDA DR. R. WOBSER GMBH & CO. KG has announced the acquisition of GFL Gesellschaft für Labortechnik mbH. This is the third takeover in total for the company from Lauda-Königshofen. While the previous acquisitions primarily served to open up new business areas in the industrial environment, ... more
LAUDA is a global leader in precision temperature control in medical technology, material testing, bio-technology, laboratories, research and production. A new corporate design is intended to portray the uncompromising quality and comprehensive expertise of LAUDA all over the world. The com ... more
- 1Detect neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's by a simple eye scan?
- 2Fluorescence microscopy at highest spatial and temporal resolution
- 3The Mechanics of the Immune System
- 4Resolve Biosciences Launches New Era in Single-Cell Spatial Analysis
- 5Quick look under the skin
- 6New ion trap to create the world's most accurate mass spectrometer
- 7How does your computer smell?
- 8Clocking electron movements inside an atom
- 9Sartorius closes 2020 with strong growth
- 10A clear path to better insights into biomolecules
- Many researchers are familiar with the problem: Before there are any new fin ...
- oncgnostics cooperates with the Medical University of Graz
- NanoTemper Technologies teams up with PharmAI to help researchers spot game- ...
- Lab supplies out of the 3D printer
- Waters Collaborates with Dr. Sunghwan Kim of Kyungpook National University t ...
- Simple to use device rapidly detects infectious diseases
- Fundamental regulation mechanism of proteins discovered
- Eppendorf achieves record revenue and best result in the company’s history in 2020
- New dimension for efficient laboratory work
- Researchers investigate structural changes in snap-frozen proteins