Dräger increases stake in Hamburg-based start-up bentekk to 100%
The Dräger Safety AG & Co. KGaA increased its stake in bentekk GmbH to 75% in October 2018, and to 100% in February 2019. The purchase was linked to milestones already agreed upon during the first acquisition of a 51% stake in March 2017. The ›X-pid‹, developed by bentekk and produced and sold by Dräger, is a portable gas measurement device for detecting benzene and other carcinogenic substances.
Since the acquisition of the majority stake around two years ago, a second, improved generation of the ›X-pid‹ gas detector has been developed for use, the relevant explosion protection certifications have been granted, production capacities have gradually been built up and the product has been launched in all major European countries, as well as in Australia and Singapore. Beyond that, the market launches in the USA and Canada are fast approaching.
As part of the achievement of technical milestones, the bentekk founders and Managing Directors, Matthias Schmittmann and Johannes Weber, are selling their remaining shares to Dräger. The bentekk GmbH will retain its employees and remain at its location in Hamburg-Harburg. Together with Dräger employees, local teams will receive support for the ›X-pid‹ launch in the next few months and first steps toward the development of an even more sensitive product model will be taken.
- gas measurement systems
- 1New approach facilitates spectroscopy on individual molecules
- 2Growth factors in single cells counted for the first time
- 3Thomas Heydler appointed to the Supervisory Board of Eppendorf AG
- 4Cell atlas of the aging lung
- 5Shaping light lets 2D microscopes capture 4D data
- 6Water is more homogeneous than expected
- 7KNAUER among the top one percent of employers in Germany
- 8Beckman Coulter strenghtens laboratory automation business
- 9Decoding Lil BUB: Crowdfunded project reveals genome of internet celebrity cat
- 10In-depth insights into glass corrosion
- Metrohm and B&W Tek to take Raman spectroscopy to the next level
- Dräger increases stake in Hamburg-based start-up bentekk to 100%
- New base at the heart of science and industry
- First-hand expertise at the biggest ever analytica Vietnam
- Andrew Alliance and Sartorius collaborate to provide software-connected pipettes