Dräger increases stake in Hamburg-based start-up bentekk to 100%
The Dräger Safety AG & Co. KGaA increased its stake in bentekk GmbH to 75% in October 2018, and to 100% in February 2019. The purchase was linked to milestones already agreed upon during the first acquisition of a 51% stake in March 2017. The ›X-pid‹, developed by bentekk and produced and sold by Dräger, is a portable gas measurement device for detecting benzene and other carcinogenic substances.
Since the acquisition of the majority stake around two years ago, a second, improved generation of the ›X-pid‹ gas detector has been developed for use, the relevant explosion protection certifications have been granted, production capacities have gradually been built up and the product has been launched in all major European countries, as well as in Australia and Singapore. Beyond that, the market launches in the USA and Canada are fast approaching.
As part of the achievement of technical milestones, the bentekk founders and Managing Directors, Matthias Schmittmann and Johannes Weber, are selling their remaining shares to Dräger. The bentekk GmbH will retain its employees and remain at its location in Hamburg-Harburg. Together with Dräger employees, local teams will receive support for the ›X-pid‹ launch in the next few months and first steps toward the development of an even more sensitive product model will be taken.
- gas measurement systems
- 1Researchers grow cells in 'paper organs'
- 2Screening proteins to expose early signs of illness
- 3Nanometre gaps can crystallise liquids
- 4Blood biopsy: New technique enables detailed genetic analysis of cancer cells
- 5Biosensor 'bandage' collects and analyzes sweat
- 6A Close Look at Lithium Batteries
- 7Early in vitro testing for adverse effects on embryos
- 8Tracking Small Things in Cells
- 9International conference in May celebrates 25th anniversary of LUM GmbH in Berlin
- 10Detecting cancer before it spreads
- International conference in May celebrates 25th anniversary of LUM GmbH in B ...
- Successful restart at Köttermann
- analytica Vietnam continues to grow in terms of exhibitors, space and visitors
- Metrohm and B&W Tek to take Raman spectroscopy to the next level
- Dräger increases stake in Hamburg-based start-up bentekk to 100%