At its meeting on 24 September 2019, the Supervisory Board of Carl Zeiss AG unanimously voted in favor of the following changes to the Executive Board: Dr. Karl Lamprecht, currently a Member of the Executive Board, will become the new President & CEO effective 1 April 2020. With this appoin ... more
New Chief Financial Officers Appointed at Carl Zeiss AG and Carl Zeiss Meditec AG
Effective 1 October 2018, Dr. Christian Müller will become Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of Carl Zeiss AG. He will succeed Thomas Spitzenpfeil who, as previously announced, will leave the company. Müller has been CFO of the ZEISS subsidiary Carl Zeiss Meditec AG since 2009. He joined the ZEISS Group in 2002 as Head of Corporate Auditing and Risk Management.
"With the appointment of Dr. Christian Müller, a successful manager with extensive experience within the ZEISS Group will assume the role of Chief Financial Officer at Carl Zeiss AG," explained Prof. Dr. Dieter Kurz, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Carl Zeiss AG.
The Supervisory Board of Carl Zeiss Meditec AG has decided to appoint Justus Felix Wehmer as CFO of Carl Zeiss Meditec AG, also effective 1 October 2018. Mr. Wehmer is currently CFO and Co-Head of the Microscopy business group at the ZEISS Group.
In addition, effective 1 October 2018, the Management Board of Carl Zeiss Meditec AG will be expanded from two to three Members with the appointment of Jan Willem de Cler. Mr. de Cler has been at ZEISS since 2004 and currently heads Surgical Ophthalmology within the Medical Technology business group. As Member of the Management Board, his responsibilities will include Human Resources and Employee Development.
"We are particularly pleased that we were able to appoint three long-time employees from the ZEISS Group to these positions. This demonstrates that our leadership development is quite effective," said Prof. Dr. Michael Kaschke, President & CEO of Carl Zeiss AG and Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Carl Zeiss Meditec AG.
The respective Supervisory Boards would like to wish Dr. Christian Müller, Justus Felix Wehmer and Jan Willem de Cler much success in their new positions. The Supervisory Board and the Executive Board of Carl Zeiss AG would also like to thank Thomas Spitzenpfeil for his commitment and many years of successful cooperation, and wish him all the best and much success in his personal and professional future.
- Carl Zeiss
- personnel changes
The ZEISS Group had a successful end to the first six months of fiscal year 2018/19 (ended 31 March 2019) and saw its revenue rise by 9 percent to EUR 3.019 billion (1st six months of 2017/18: EUR 2.773 billion). 90 percent of this sum was generated by markets outside Germany. At EUR 443 mi ... more
The first six months of fiscal year 2017/18 (ended 31 March 2018) were successful for the ZEISS Group and saw its revenue rise by 9 percent to EUR 2.773 billion (1st six months of 2016/17: EUR 2.550 billion), and as much as 13 percent after adjustments for currency effects. At EUR 380 milli ... more
- 1Mini-spectrometer: Smaller than a coin
- 2How molecular footballs burst in an X-ray laser beam
- 3Wood on our Skin
- 4Bruker Announces Acquisition of Magnettech's EPR Business
- 5Eye scan makes diseases visible at an early stage
- 6Inspired by nature: Scientists have developed a nanopore-microchip
- 7QIAGEN announces CEO leadership transition
- 8New method for the measurement of nano-structured light fields
- 9Happy hour for time-resolved crystallography
- 10First high-speed hard X-ray microscopic movies at a free-electron laser
- Achim von Leoprechting promoted to become CEO of Tecan after retirement of D ...
- PerkinElmer appoints President & Chief Operating Officer
- Merck Announces Future Insight Prize for Groundbreaking Scientific Work
- New Chief Financial Officers Appointed at Carl Zeiss AG and Carl Zeiss Medit ...
- dynamicBIOSENSORS appoints Chief Sales and Marketing Officer