The President of Germany, Frank-Walter Steinmeier, awarded the Deutscher Zukunftspreis 2022, The Federal President's Award for Technology and Innovation, to the team from ZEISS during a festive ceremony. The jury recognized the ZEISS experts Dr. Thomas Kalkbrenner, Dr. Jörg Siebenmorgen, an ... more
New Chief Financial Officers Appointed at Carl Zeiss AG and Carl Zeiss Meditec AG
Effective 1 October 2018, Dr. Christian Müller will become Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of Carl Zeiss AG. He will succeed Thomas Spitzenpfeil who, as previously announced, will leave the company. Müller has been CFO of the ZEISS subsidiary Carl Zeiss Meditec AG since 2009. He joined the ZEISS Group in 2002 as Head of Corporate Auditing and Risk Management.
"With the appointment of Dr. Christian Müller, a successful manager with extensive experience within the ZEISS Group will assume the role of Chief Financial Officer at Carl Zeiss AG," explained Prof. Dr. Dieter Kurz, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Carl Zeiss AG.
The Supervisory Board of Carl Zeiss Meditec AG has decided to appoint Justus Felix Wehmer as CFO of Carl Zeiss Meditec AG, also effective 1 October 2018. Mr. Wehmer is currently CFO and Co-Head of the Microscopy business group at the ZEISS Group.
In addition, effective 1 October 2018, the Management Board of Carl Zeiss Meditec AG will be expanded from two to three Members with the appointment of Jan Willem de Cler. Mr. de Cler has been at ZEISS since 2004 and currently heads Surgical Ophthalmology within the Medical Technology business group. As Member of the Management Board, his responsibilities will include Human Resources and Employee Development.
"We are particularly pleased that we were able to appoint three long-time employees from the ZEISS Group to these positions. This demonstrates that our leadership development is quite effective," said Prof. Dr. Michael Kaschke, President & CEO of Carl Zeiss AG and Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Carl Zeiss Meditec AG.
The respective Supervisory Boards would like to wish Dr. Christian Müller, Justus Felix Wehmer and Jan Willem de Cler much success in their new positions. The Supervisory Board and the Executive Board of Carl Zeiss AG would also like to thank Thomas Spitzenpfeil for his commitment and many years of successful cooperation, and wish him all the best and much success in his personal and professional future.
- Carl Zeiss
- personnel changes
The positive trend continues at the ZEISS Group, which had a positive end to the first six months of fiscal year 2021/22 (ended 31 March 2022) that was significantly higher than the very good result seen in the previous year: revenue increased by 20% to 4.1 billion euros (prior year: 3.4 bi ... more
The ZEISS Group ended fiscal year 2020/21 (end of reporting period: 30 September 2021) on an excellent note: its revenue rose by 20% to 7.529 billion euros (previous year: 6.297 billion euros). Over 90% of this sum was generated in markets outside Germany. Earnings before interest and tax ( ... more
Complete workflows from Image to data ✓ AI supported workflows ✓ Most advanced visualization and analysis solutions ✓ more
- 1Can the AI driving ChatGPT help to detect early signs of Alzheimer's disease?
- 2Simple nasal swab can provide early warning of emerging viruses
- 3Holes in T cells
- 4Molecular archeology: 1200-year-old DNA sequences from Madagascar lead to the discovery of an extinct tortoise
- 5Bruker Announces Acquisition of ACQUIFER Imaging GmbH
- 6How old is your brain, really?
- 7The architecture of shattered genomes
- 8Bayesian inference massively cuts time of X-ray fluorescence analysis!
- 9AI detects rare forms of dementia
- 10Texas A&M research aims to improve Lyme disease diagnostics
- FRITSCH Change of Generations
- Achim von Leoprechting promoted to become CEO of Tecan after retirement of D ...
- PerkinElmer appoints President & Chief Operating Officer
- Merck Announces Future Insight Prize for Groundbreaking Scientific Work
- New Chief Financial Officers Appointed at Carl Zeiss AG and Carl Zeiss Medit ...