The ZEISS Group continued its growth trajectory, with revenue and earnings reaching new heights in fiscal year 2018/19, which ended 30 September 2019. Revenue grew by 11 percent, reaching 6.428 billion euros (previous year: 5.817 billion euros). Adjusted for currency and acquisition effects ... more
New Chief Financial Officers Appointed at Carl Zeiss AG and Carl Zeiss Meditec AG
Effective 1 October 2018, Dr. Christian Müller will become Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of Carl Zeiss AG. He will succeed Thomas Spitzenpfeil who, as previously announced, will leave the company. Müller has been CFO of the ZEISS subsidiary Carl Zeiss Meditec AG since 2009. He joined the ZEISS Group in 2002 as Head of Corporate Auditing and Risk Management.
"With the appointment of Dr. Christian Müller, a successful manager with extensive experience within the ZEISS Group will assume the role of Chief Financial Officer at Carl Zeiss AG," explained Prof. Dr. Dieter Kurz, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Carl Zeiss AG.
The Supervisory Board of Carl Zeiss Meditec AG has decided to appoint Justus Felix Wehmer as CFO of Carl Zeiss Meditec AG, also effective 1 October 2018. Mr. Wehmer is currently CFO and Co-Head of the Microscopy business group at the ZEISS Group.
In addition, effective 1 October 2018, the Management Board of Carl Zeiss Meditec AG will be expanded from two to three Members with the appointment of Jan Willem de Cler. Mr. de Cler has been at ZEISS since 2004 and currently heads Surgical Ophthalmology within the Medical Technology business group. As Member of the Management Board, his responsibilities will include Human Resources and Employee Development.
"We are particularly pleased that we were able to appoint three long-time employees from the ZEISS Group to these positions. This demonstrates that our leadership development is quite effective," said Prof. Dr. Michael Kaschke, President & CEO of Carl Zeiss AG and Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Carl Zeiss Meditec AG.
The respective Supervisory Boards would like to wish Dr. Christian Müller, Justus Felix Wehmer and Jan Willem de Cler much success in their new positions. The Supervisory Board and the Executive Board of Carl Zeiss AG would also like to thank Thomas Spitzenpfeil for his commitment and many years of successful cooperation, and wish him all the best and much success in his personal and professional future.
- Carl Zeiss
- personnel changes
At its meeting on 24 September 2019, the Supervisory Board of Carl Zeiss AG unanimously voted in favor of the following changes to the Executive Board: Dr. Karl Lamprecht, currently a Member of the Executive Board, will become the new President & CEO effective 1 April 2020. With this appoin ... more
The ZEISS Group had a successful end to the first six months of fiscal year 2018/19 (ended 31 March 2019) and saw its revenue rise by 9 percent to EUR 3.019 billion (1st six months of 2017/18: EUR 2.773 billion). 90 percent of this sum was generated by markets outside Germany. At EUR 443 mi ... more
- 1analytica 2020: World’s leading trade fair to be held virtually
- 2analytica 2020: The world’s leading trade fair extends its reach with analytica virtual
- 3Portable, point-of-care COVID-19 test could bypass the lab
- 4Researchers dramatically downsize technology for fingerprinting drugs and other chemicals
- 5Attacking tumours directly on identification
- 6Towards a cell-based interceptive medicine in Europe
- 7Giant nanomachine aids the immune system
- 8A tiny instrument to measure the faintest magnetic fields
- 9Leap forward in the fight against antibiotic resistance
- 10New device can measure toxic lead within minutes
- FRITSCH Change of Generations
- Achim von Leoprechting promoted to become CEO of Tecan after retirement of D ...
- PerkinElmer appoints President & Chief Operating Officer
- Merck Announces Future Insight Prize for Groundbreaking Scientific Work
- New Chief Financial Officers Appointed at Carl Zeiss AG and Carl Zeiss Medit ...