Siemens Healthineers and Biogen announced that the companies plan to jointly develop magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) applications with the intent of quantifying key markers of multiple sclerosis (MS) disease activity and progression. Siemens Healthineers aims to enable healthcare providers ... more
Asuragen Signs Agreement with Biogen Idec to Pursue Companion Diagnostic Strategy
Asuragen, Inc. announced that it has entered into an agreement with Biogen Idec to identify a potential companion diagnostic test that may be used to select patients likely to respond to a Biogen Idec therapeutic candidate in clinical development.
“The integrated drug-diagnostic co-development strategy being pursued by Biogen Idec and Asuragen has enormous potential to help physicians identify patients that will benefit from specific cancer treatments, and will be another step towards delivering on the promise of personalized medicine,” said Matt Winkler, CEO of Asuragen. “We look forward to leveraging our long history and broad expertise in biomarker discovery, pharmacogenomic services, and diagnostic development capabilities for this project.”
- Biogen Idec
- diagnostic tests
Drug toxicity is a leading cause of pre-clinical drug failures. The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and other regulatory organisations have called upon the pharmaceutical industry to develop more effective tools to help avoid these costly failures, reduce the number of failed compound ... more
- 1Detect neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's by a simple eye scan?
- 2Fluorescence microscopy at highest spatial and temporal resolution
- 3The Mechanics of the Immune System
- 4Resolve Biosciences Launches New Era in Single-Cell Spatial Analysis
- 5Quick look under the skin
- 6New ion trap to create the world's most accurate mass spectrometer
- 7How does your computer smell?
- 8Clocking electron movements inside an atom
- 9Sartorius closes 2020 with strong growth
- 10A clear path to better insights into biomolecules
- Many researchers are familiar with the problem: Before there are any new fin ...
- oncgnostics cooperates with the Medical University of Graz
- NanoTemper Technologies teams up with PharmAI to help researchers spot game- ...
- Lab supplies out of the 3D printer
- Waters Collaborates with Dr. Sunghwan Kim of Kyungpook National University t ...