LUM GmbH is a leading international provider of innovative measurement technology for dispersion analysis and materials testing. Since the founding of the company by Prof. Dr. Dr. D. Lerche in 1994, LUM is also obliged to science. The company promotes science and technology and contributes ... more
LUM enters into a strategic partnership for bitumen and petroleum analysis in France
In October 2021, LUM GmbH started a strategic partnership with the French company VIALAB SARL in order to be able to offer French customers greater expertise in solving their questions in the field of bitumen, petroleum and related emulsions. Under the patronage of LUM France, VIALAB SARL will use its own expertise in this special market segment to convince users of the advantages of LUM measuring devices.
The company VIALAB SARL is engaged in manufacturing and selling laboratory equipment for the investigation of emulsion parameters, particularly with regards to the NF EN 13808 standard in Europe and any relevant ASTM standards. VIALAB also operates a laboratory with pilot systems for emulsion production in order to carry out targeted technical customer training.
Susanne Lerche-Merchant, COO of LUM GmbH: “With this new partnership we will reach the French users in a market segment that has been so far rather exotic for LUM in a more targeted manner. We are strategically continuing to develop our international subsidiaries and branches into local network centers. Thanks to the close cooperation between LUM France and VIALAB, we see a large potential for growth here. We can contribute with our analysis expertise and equipment competency while benefiting from the expertise of VIALAB, an associated member of the International Bitumen Emulsion Federation."
Vincent HESRY, CEO of VIALAB: “The prospect of offering the technologies developed by LUM GmbH to our customers is very interesting. We are engaged in manufacturing laboratory equipment used specifically for bituminous binders. We believe that this partnership will allow us to increase our contribution to the evolution of practices by proposing very effective solutions to proven problems. France is a world-renowned player in this field and Vialab - The way of emulsion - thus wishes to participate in the development of new testing methods with a vision of improving the control of road surfaces based on emulsions (modified or even innovative) of pure binders."
- bitumen analysis
- petroleum analysis
- emulsion analysis
From 22-23 May 2019 LUM GmbH hosts the 9th International Conference Dispersion Analysis & Materials Testing in Berlin, Germany. Since 2014 the Young Scientist Award (YSA) recognizes outstanding scientific work by young researchers in the areas of particle and dispersion characterization and ... more
The 8th International Conference Dispersion Analysis & Materials Testing is hosted by LUM GmbH in Berlin, Germany, from 29-30 January 2018. Here, during this now traditional interdisciplinary event, particle scientists meet product formulators; application engineers meet scholars from extre ... more
Particle size distribution and concentration of nano- and microparticles in suspensions and emulsions; from below 100 nm to a few micrometers. more
Nanoparticle & droplet: size distribution, density, Hansen parameters, magnetization, adhesion ✓ Direct & accelerated stability information for R&D, QC, upscaling of suspensions & emulsions more
The multi-wavelength STEP technology now handles applications at 4-80 C with temperature stability of +/- 0.2K. more
- 1Can the AI driving ChatGPT help to detect early signs of Alzheimer's disease?
- 2Simple nasal swab can provide early warning of emerging viruses
- 3Diagnosing cancer in minutes
- 4A mobile breakthrough for water environment monitoring
- 5Holes in T cells
- 6Molecular archeology: 1200-year-old DNA sequences from Madagascar lead to the discovery of an extinct tortoise
- 7Sartorius with clear double-digit growth in fiscal 2022
- 8How old is your brain, really?
- 9Bruker Announces Acquisition of ACQUIFER Imaging GmbH
- 10The architecture of shattered genomes
- DSM and LabTwin enter into cooperation
- Revolutionizing breast cancer detection through AI: iCAD and Google Health l ...
- New collaboration between Shimadzu and the University Medical Center Göttingen
- Digital lab management: Fully connected
- BioM and Munich Biotech Cluster celebrate its 25th anniversary
- Coronavirus: identification of new proteins that regulate infection
- A new era of early cancer detection with blood test may change cancer screening paradigms
- A "nano-robot" built entirely from DNA to explore cell processes
- Hepatitis: 3D structure determination of the ‘gateway’ to the liver
- Ants can “sniff out” cancer!