LUM GmbH is a leading international provider of innovative measurement technology for dispersion analysis and materials testing. Since the founding of the company by Prof. Dr. Dr. D. Lerche in 1994, LUM is also obliged to science. The company promotes science and technology and contributes ... more
LUM enters into a strategic partnership for bitumen and petroleum analysis in France
In October 2021, LUM GmbH started a strategic partnership with the French company VIALAB SARL in order to be able to offer French customers greater expertise in solving their questions in the field of bitumen, petroleum and related emulsions. Under the patronage of LUM France, VIALAB SARL will use its own expertise in this special market segment to convince users of the advantages of LUM measuring devices.
The company VIALAB SARL is engaged in manufacturing and selling laboratory equipment for the investigation of emulsion parameters, particularly with regards to the NF EN 13808 standard in Europe and any relevant ASTM standards. VIALAB also operates a laboratory with pilot systems for emulsion production in order to carry out targeted technical customer training.
Susanne Lerche-Merchant, COO of LUM GmbH: “With this new partnership we will reach the French users in a market segment that has been so far rather exotic for LUM in a more targeted manner. We are strategically continuing to develop our international subsidiaries and branches into local network centers. Thanks to the close cooperation between LUM France and VIALAB, we see a large potential for growth here. We can contribute with our analysis expertise and equipment competency while benefiting from the expertise of VIALAB, an associated member of the International Bitumen Emulsion Federation."
Vincent HESRY, CEO of VIALAB: “The prospect of offering the technologies developed by LUM GmbH to our customers is very interesting. We are engaged in manufacturing laboratory equipment used specifically for bituminous binders. We believe that this partnership will allow us to increase our contribution to the evolution of practices by proposing very effective solutions to proven problems. France is a world-renowned player in this field and Vialab - The way of emulsion - thus wishes to participate in the development of new testing methods with a vision of improving the control of road surfaces based on emulsions (modified or even innovative) of pure binders."
- bitumen analysis
- petroleum analysis
- emulsion analysis
From 22-23 May 2019 LUM GmbH hosts the 9th International Conference Dispersion Analysis & Materials Testing in Berlin, Germany. Since 2014 the Young Scientist Award (YSA) recognizes outstanding scientific work by young researchers in the areas of particle and dispersion characterization and ... more
The 8th International Conference Dispersion Analysis & Materials Testing is hosted by LUM GmbH in Berlin, Germany, from 29-30 January 2018. Here, during this now traditional interdisciplinary event, particle scientists meet product formulators; application engineers meet scholars from extre ... more
Particle size distribution and concentration of nano- and microparticles in suspensions and emulsions; from below 100 nm to a few micrometers. more
Nanoparticle & droplet: size distribution, density, Hansen parameters, magnetization, adhesion ✓ Direct & accelerated stability information for R&D, QC, upscaling of suspensions & emulsions more
The multi-wavelength STEP technology now handles applications at 4-80 C with temperature stability of +/- 0.2K. more
The multi-wavelength LUMiSizer complements the near-infrared (NIR) LUMiSizer. An additional, blue light source enables particle characterization in the lower nanometer range. Shorter wavelengths increase the sensitivity for translucent & low-concentrated dispersions. The analytical photocen ... more
The new generation of the proven stability analyzer LUMiFuge® considerably simplifies quality control in industry by introducing the instability index in the SEPView® 6 software. The LUMiFuge, which uses the measuring principle of analytical centrifugation, is one of the standard devices fo ... more
- 1Miniaturized Lab-on-a-Chip for real-time Chemical Analysis of Liquids
- 2Organic thin-film sensors for light-source analysis and anti-counterfeiting applications
- 3A new era of early cancer detection with blood test may change cancer screening paradigms
- 4Beckman Coulter Life Sciences acquires Dublin biotech start-up
- 5Less risk, less costs: Portable spectroscopy devices could soon become real
- 6Mobile phone app accurately detects COVID-19 infection in people’s voices with the help of artificial intelligence
- 7Show me your brain scan and I'll tell you how old you really are
- 8Sensing pressure using paper
- 9The predictive power of blood: metabolomic profiling reveals risk of multiple diseases all at once
- 10Pharmacoscopy: Next-Generation Microscopy
- A new era of early cancer detection with blood test may change cancer screening paradigms
- A "nano-robot" built entirely from DNA to explore cell processes
- Hepatitis: 3D structure determination of the ‘gateway’ to the liver
- Ants can “sniff out” cancer!
- LUM enters into a strategic partnership for bitumen and petroleum analysis in France