LAUDA will cooperate with Better Basics Laborbedarf GmbH (BBL). The Dresden-based company, founded in 2019, develops, manufactures and sells smart basic equipment for laboratories that simplifies the organization of laboratory workstations and supports laboratory employees in their daily wo ... more
LAUDA acquires laboratory specialist
LAUDA DR. R. WOBSER GMBH & CO. KG has announced the acquisition of GFL Gesellschaft für Labortechnik mbH. This is the third takeover in total for the company from Lauda-Königshofen. While the previous acquisitions primarily served to open up new business areas in the industrial environment, LAUDA intends to expand its competencies in the field of laboratory technology with GFL.
Traditional company with more than 50 years of experience
GFL is a German premium manufacturer and currently employs around 50 employees. With this strategically important acquisition, LAUDA has increased its sales to around EUR 90 million and its workforce to 500 employees.
GFL has been known as a manufacturer of laboratory equipment for more than 50 years and is active in over 150 countries. The portfolio of the company, headquartered in Burgwedel in the northeast of Hanover, includes deep-freeze appliances, water baths, shaking water baths, water distillers, incubators and shakers. Users can be found in research, routine and special laboratories in medicine, science and industry. All of GSL’s devices are developed and produced in Germany. The two managing partners of the company, Ulrike Mischel and Dieter Bubel, will remain with the company until mid-2019 to ensure a smooth transition and successful integration. All GFL employees should be taken on by LAUDA.
With the acquisition of GFL, LAUDA aims to expand its existing product range for temperature control units and systems and to expand LAUDA's product technology capabilities in sheet metal processing, for example. GFL, for its part, will benefit from LAUDA's strong international distribution network.
»With the devices from GFL, we are consistently developing our product range further and strengthening our portfolio in the field of laboratory technology. With our strong sales organization and the LAUDA brand, known worldwide for temperature control, we will continue to drive growth and underscore our position as the world market leader in our industry,« says Dr. Gunther Wobser, President and CEO of LAUDA. »We are very much looking forward to welcoming the GFL employees personally to the LAUDA family and will be expanding the Burgwedel site in a targeted manner.«
LAUDA DR. R. WOBSER GMBH & CO. KG has once again been declared World Market Leader Champion in the field of "Constant Temperature Equipment and Systems for Precise Temperature Generation". This is the fifth award in a row for LAUDA. The family-owned company has been represented in the World ... more
LAUDA is a global leader in precision temperature control in medical technology, material testing, bio-technology, laboratories, research and production. A new corporate design is intended to portray the uncompromising quality and comprehensive expertise of LAUDA all over the world. The com ... more
- 1Detect neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's by a simple eye scan?
- 2Fluorescence microscopy at highest spatial and temporal resolution
- 3The Mechanics of the Immune System
- 4Resolve Biosciences Launches New Era in Single-Cell Spatial Analysis
- 5Quick look under the skin
- 6New ion trap to create the world's most accurate mass spectrometer
- 7How does your computer smell?
- 8Clocking electron movements inside an atom
- 9Sartorius closes 2020 with strong growth
- 10A clear path to better insights into biomolecules
- Speeding up sequence alignment across the tree of life
- Detection of viruses, bacteria and toxins in real time
- DESY X-ray lightsource identifies promising candidates for COVID drugs
- First 3D Images of a Giant Molecule
- NanoTemper Technologies teams up with PharmAI to help researchers spot game-changing drug candidates from millions of possibilities