Agilent Technologies Inc. and Burning Rock today announced they have signed an agreement under which Burning Rock will develop cancer diagnostics in China based on the Agilent SureSelect target enrichment system. Agilent is the leading provider of target enrichment for next-generation DNA s ... more
Agilent Technologies Secures Patent for CGH Assays
Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that it was awarded a significant patent for comparative genomic hybridization methods. CGH methods help researchers study genetics and cancer in both basic and clinical research.
The U.S. patent (No. 8,232,055) has claims for measuring copy number changes in genomic DNA, covering both one-color and two-color assays using oligonucleotide probes and samples with high-sequence complexity, such as human genomic DNA samples.
Agilent’s copy number method, commercially introduced in 2005, uses long oligonucleotide probes, enabling high specificity and sensitivity. For example, samples containing as low as 8 percent abnormal cells may be confidently analyzed with Agilent’s copy number method.
The method was originally developed to improve upon older copy number assays that use long genomic fragments such as bacterial artificial chromosomes. (BACs often contain repetitive regions.) The method also improves upon other oligonucleotide array assays, which depend on sample preparation methods that remove significant portions of the genomic DNA content. Agilent’s higher-resolution platform allows users to detect much smaller genomic aberrations throughout complex genomes.
- Agilent Technologies
- comparative genomic…
- oligonucleotide probes
Agilent Technologies Inc. introduced OneSight, a new software platform designed to help researchers visualize and analyze chromosomal aneuploidies in cell-free DNA sequencing data. Agilent unveiled its new bioinformatics product at the annual meeting of the American College of Medical Genet ... more
Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that the Chinese American Chromatography Association has honored Xiaoli Wang, Ph.D., with its Young Investigator Award. Dr. Wang is an Agilent scientist who has been instrumental in extending the company’s Poroshell 120 technology into biopharmaceutical c ... more
- 1analytica Anacon India and India Lab Expo 2016 in the starting blocks
- 2PerkinElmer Elects Samuel Chapin to Board of Directors
- 3Nanowires as Sensors in New Type of Atomic Force Microscope
- 4Silver nanoparticle concentration too low to be harmful in water supply
- 5Portable smartphone laboratory detects cancer
- 6Cocoa compound linked to some cardiovascular biomarker improvements
- analytica Anacon India and India Lab Expo 2016 in the starting blocks
- Phenomenex to be Acquired by Danaher Corporation
- Eurofins expands its clinical diagnostic footprint with the acquisition of M ...
- Agilent Technologies and Burning Rock sign agreement on molecular diagnostics
- Charles River Laboratories acquires Agilux Laboratories, Inc.