Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that Jules Griffin has received an Agilent Thought Leader Award in recognition of his work in lipidomics.This award includes an Agilent 6560 Ion Mobility Q-TOF LC/MS system, which Dr. Griffin and his team will use to advance their lipid profiling of human ... more
Agilent Technologies Secures Patent for CGH Assays
Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that it was awarded a significant patent for comparative genomic hybridization methods. CGH methods help researchers study genetics and cancer in both basic and clinical research.
The U.S. patent (No. 8,232,055) has claims for measuring copy number changes in genomic DNA, covering both one-color and two-color assays using oligonucleotide probes and samples with high-sequence complexity, such as human genomic DNA samples.
Agilent’s copy number method, commercially introduced in 2005, uses long oligonucleotide probes, enabling high specificity and sensitivity. For example, samples containing as low as 8 percent abnormal cells may be confidently analyzed with Agilent’s copy number method.
The method was originally developed to improve upon older copy number assays that use long genomic fragments such as bacterial artificial chromosomes. (BACs often contain repetitive regions.) The method also improves upon other oligonucleotide array assays, which depend on sample preparation methods that remove significant portions of the genomic DNA content. Agilent’s higher-resolution platform allows users to detect much smaller genomic aberrations throughout complex genomes.
- Agilent Technologies
- comparative genomic…
- oligonucleotide probes
Agilent Technologies Inc. and Scion Instruments announced a gas chromatography instrument control agreement. This exchange agreement provides customers the freedom to operate instruments from both manufacturers in each company’s chromatography data systems.The companies will exchange develo ... more
Agilent Technologies Inc. announced that professor John A. McLean has received an Agilent Thought Leader Award in recognition of his contributions to ion mobility mass spectrometry (IM-MS) focused on advanced applications, including comprehensive biomolecular systems analysis and synthetic ... more
Twsett originated the chromatography with his work about the separation of chlorophyll in 1903. For some time it was relatively quite around this new technology. Exceptions were the workings of Kuhn and Lederer (1931) as well as of Hesse (1936 and 1942). A break through succeeded to E. Crem ... more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2VWR Acquires Hichrom Limited
- 3Endress+Hauser Set for Complete Acquisition of Analytik Jena
- 4Pall Corporation Acquires BioSMB Technology from Tarpon Biosystems
- 5Agilent Technologies and Scion Instruments Agree to Enable Each Other’s Instruments in Their Chromatography Data Systems
- 6Scientists X-ray chocolate
- 7Inspecting water quality with Raman spectroscopy
- 8Mummified bodies reveal how tuberculosis ravaged the heart of 18th century Europe
- 9Eurofins signs agreement to acquire Experchem Laboratories, Inc.
- 10MDS Sciex Opens Manufacturing Facility in Singapore
- Eurofins expands Asia Pacific footprint with the acquisition of Sắc Ký Hải Đ ...
- Endress+Hauser Set for Complete Acquisition of Analytik Jena
- Eurofins signs agreement to acquire Experchem Laboratories, Inc.
- VWR Acquires Hichrom Limited
- SYGNIS signs non-exclusive distribution agreement with Cambridge Bioscience ...