Merck, the science and technology company, is a new partner of the German Tech Entrepreneurship Center (GTEC). Since its foundation in 1668, Merck has always been committed to innovation, which nowadays especially arises within startups; therefore, Merck has been increasingly relying on the ... more
Plasticell and EMD Millipore complete licensing deal to distribute fully defined, xeno-free mesenchymal stem cell differentiation media
Plasticell has licensed EMD Millipore to distribute a superior, single-application osteogenic medium discovered using the combinatorial screening system, CombiCult®.
The osteogenic medium is serum- and xeno- free, more consistent and more potent than currently available formulations. Under the terms of the contract, EMD Millipore has secured a license to distribute the medium globally for research purposes with Plasticell retaining full rights over therapeutic applications.
- cell culture media
Merck announced that Professor Francesco Ricci from the University of Rome, Tor Vergata, Italy, will receive the 2017 Heinrich Emanuel Merck Award for Analytical Science. The Italian chemist will receive the recognition worth €15,000 for his ground-breaking development of nature-inspired DN ... more
Merck announced the opening of a facility in Mollet des Vallès, Spain dedicated to the manufacture of meglumine, an FDA-approved excipient for pharmaceuticals and a component of medical imaging contrast media.The facility, validated by the FDA, is the only location in Europe that manufactur ... more
The Scepter™, the industry’s first handheld, automated cell counter represents a breakthrough for life science researchers. Unlike any other cell counter, this handheld device provides researchers with a simple and affordable automated option for counting cells and monitoring the health of ... more
- Bracco Imaging and Shanghai Pharmaceuticals join forces in the field of ultr ...
- DKSH and Bruker AXS sign distribution agreement for Asia Pacific
- Is it time to abandon the Nobel Prize?
- Waters and Malvern Panalytical collaborate to improve polymer characterization
- Imperial and Tsinghua University launch seed fund for 'ambitious collaborations'
- Could we work together with our bacteria to stop infection?
- X-rays from tabletop lasers allows scientists to peer through the 'water window'
- Nanoscale measurements 100x more precise, thanks to improved two-photon technique
- Enigmatic gene critical for a healthy brain
- Deciphering the 'mosaic' of the brain