Merck announced that Professor Francesco Ricci from the University of Rome, Tor Vergata, Italy, will receive the 2017 Heinrich Emanuel Merck Award for Analytical Science. The Italian chemist will receive the recognition worth €15,000 for his ground-breaking development of nature-inspired DN ... more
Plasticell and EMD Millipore complete licensing deal to distribute fully defined, xeno-free mesenchymal stem cell differentiation media
Plasticell has licensed EMD Millipore to distribute a superior, single-application osteogenic medium discovered using the combinatorial screening system, CombiCult®.
The osteogenic medium is serum- and xeno- free, more consistent and more potent than currently available formulations. Under the terms of the contract, EMD Millipore has secured a license to distribute the medium globally for research purposes with Plasticell retaining full rights over therapeutic applications.
- cell culture media
Merck announced the opening of a facility in Mollet des Vallès, Spain dedicated to the manufacture of meglumine, an FDA-approved excipient for pharmaceuticals and a component of medical imaging contrast media.The facility, validated by the FDA, is the only location in Europe that manufactur ... more
Merck announced it has acquired BioControl Systems Inc., a global leader in food safety testing. The acquisition opens growth opportunities for Merck in the food and beverage space; particularly in the U.S. Confidentiality has been agreed on the financial details of the transaction. BioCont ... more
The Scepter™, the industry’s first handheld, automated cell counter represents a breakthrough for life science researchers. Unlike any other cell counter, this handheld device provides researchers with a simple and affordable automated option for counting cells and monitoring the health of ... more
Millitrack® Compliance software is included on all new Milli-Q® Advantage and Milli-Q® Integral water purification systems, and can be enabled using an activation key provided by Merck Millipore. In regulated laboratories, instrument qualification is a requirement. It is becoming increasing ... more
- 1Sartorius Campus expands: Official opening of the new manufacturing facility for laboratory instruments
- 2Eurofins to acquire EAG Laboratories
- 3Liquid cats, disgust for cheese and reversed genitalia
- 4Ultrafast snapshots of relaxing electrons in solids
- 5New method for identifying carbon compounds derived from fossil fuels
- 6Is the Alzheimer's gene the ring leader or the sidekick?
- 7A spectroscopic 'science camera' system for smartphones
- 8Kit will identify genetic variations without need for lab analysis
- 9New dyes detect disease through heartbeat signals
- 10Prediction of nonmetallic half-metallicity
- CCDC Launches The FAIRE Programme to Support International Crystallography
- Unknown virus in ‘throwaway’ DNA discovered
- First observation of the hyperfine splitting in antihydrogen
- Tiny nanoparticles offer significant potential in detecting and treating disease
- New three-in-one blood test opens door to precision medicine for prostate cancer