Merck announced the opening of a facility in Mollet des Vallès, Spain dedicated to the manufacture of meglumine, an FDA-approved excipient for pharmaceuticals and a component of medical imaging contrast media.The facility, validated by the FDA, is the only location in Europe that manufactur ... more
Plasticell and EMD Millipore complete licensing deal to distribute fully defined, xeno-free mesenchymal stem cell differentiation media
Plasticell has licensed EMD Millipore to distribute a superior, single-application osteogenic medium discovered using the combinatorial screening system, CombiCult®.
The osteogenic medium is serum- and xeno- free, more consistent and more potent than currently available formulations. Under the terms of the contract, EMD Millipore has secured a license to distribute the medium globally for research purposes with Plasticell retaining full rights over therapeutic applications.
- cell culture media
Merck announced it has acquired BioControl Systems Inc., a global leader in food safety testing. The acquisition opens growth opportunities for Merck in the food and beverage space; particularly in the U.S. Confidentiality has been agreed on the financial details of the transaction. BioCont ... more
Merck, a leading science and technology company, today announced recipients of the fourth annual Grant for Multiple Sclerosis Innovation (GMSI) during a symposium at the 32nd Congress of the European Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis (ECTRIMS) in London. This year, ... more
Elix High-Throughput water purification system delivers up to 9000 liters of pure water daily with real-time monitoring more
Interesting topics of chromatography such as HPLC, UHPLC, TLC, Sample Preparation, Gas Chromatography and Solvents more
The Scepter™, the industry’s first handheld, automated cell counter represents a breakthrough for life science researchers. Unlike any other cell counter, this handheld device provides researchers with a simple and affordable automated option for counting cells and monitoring the health of ... more
Millitrack® Compliance software is included on all new Milli-Q® Advantage and Milli-Q® Integral water purification systems, and can be enabled using an activation key provided by Merck Millipore. In regulated laboratories, instrument qualification is a requirement. It is becoming increasing ... more
- 1Potential cause for lupus identified
- 2Why do BRCA1 mutations cause predominantly breast and ovarian cancer?
- 3Peptide complex formed in the brain is responsible for Alzheimer's disease
- 4LUM incorporates subsidiary in the Land of the rising sun
- 5Personalize your medication dosages
- 6The proton precisely weighted
- Enterome and Nestlé Health Science launch new diagnostics company
- MRC Technology and Biocartis initiate development of liquid biopsy test for ...
- DKSH extends partnership with LAUDA to Singapore and Taiwan
- Prestigious grant for imaging single molecules
- QIAGEN joins CANCER-ID consortium for liquid biopsy workflows
- Tiny nanoparticles offer significant potential in detecting and treating disease
- New three-in-one blood test opens door to precision medicine for prostate cancer
- To be or not to be an academic: the question for all postdocs
- Epigenetic changes at birth could explain later behavior problems
- Nanotechnology reveals hidden depths of bacterial 'machines'