Eurofins strengthens Asia Pacific footprint with the acquisition of New Zealand Laboratory Services
04-Jul-2012: Eurofins Scientific announced that it has acquired New Zealand Laboratory Services (NZ Labs). NZ Labs generated revenues of over EUR 5m in 2011 and employs around 100 staff across 3 strategically-located laboratories spanning the whole of New Zealand. The domestic food testing market serves primarily the dairy and meat sectors of the food industry, with the majority of produce from these sectors bound for export.
The entry into New Zealand is consistent with the Group’s commitment in the rapidly-growing Asia Pacific region. Given NZ Labs’ existing nationwide coverage, the roll-out of Eurofins’ technology and capabilities, and the transfer of know-how should be reasonably quick, allowing the Group to participate actively in this growing food market.
Gilles Martin, Eurofins CEO, commented: “NZ Labs is an excellent strategic fit with Eurofins’ growing Asia Pacific presence and provides a solid entry into the thriving food industry in that region. Specifically, it provides a strong regional platform for the Group’s capabilities in dairy and pesticides testing. We are looking forward to strengthening NZ Labs’ position in the market by offering the full range of services and capabilities of the Eurofins Group.”
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2QIAGEN makes proposal to fully acquire Ipsogen
- 3Thermo Fisher Scientific and Samsung Electronics to Collaborate on Point-of-Care Diagnostic Solutions
- 4Renishaw receives Queen's Award for spectroscopy developments
- 5LGC rebrands reference standards
- 6LIMS/LIS Market and POCT Supplement
- 7Armen Instrument sold its Flash Chromatography branch of activity to Interchim
- 8Expansion of the WALDNER Group
- 9Filming chemistry with a high speed x-ray camera
- 10Dr. Marc Stricker appointed new Managing Director at LAUDA