Eurofins strengthens Asia Pacific footprint with the acquisition of New Zealand Laboratory Services
04-07-2012: Eurofins Scientific announced that it has acquired New Zealand Laboratory Services (NZ Labs). NZ Labs generated revenues of over EUR 5m in 2011 and employs around 100 staff across 3 strategically-located laboratories spanning the whole of New Zealand. The domestic food testing market serves primarily the dairy and meat sectors of the food industry, with the majority of produce from these sectors bound for export.
The entry into New Zealand is consistent with the Group’s commitment in the rapidly-growing Asia Pacific region. Given NZ Labs’ existing nationwide coverage, the roll-out of Eurofins’ technology and capabilities, and the transfer of know-how should be reasonably quick, allowing the Group to participate actively in this growing food market.
Gilles Martin, Eurofins CEO, commented: “NZ Labs is an excellent strategic fit with Eurofins’ growing Asia Pacific presence and provides a solid entry into the thriving food industry in that region. Specifically, it provides a strong regional platform for the Group’s capabilities in dairy and pesticides testing. We are looking forward to strengthening NZ Labs’ position in the market by offering the full range of services and capabilities of the Eurofins Group.”
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2LAUDA founds subsidiary in Italy
- 3LGC rebrands reference standards
- 4The shadow of a disease
- 5New microscope collects dynamic images of the molecules that animate life
- 6Carl Zeiss Grants Sublicense for LED Fluorescence Excitation to Prior Scientific Ltd.
- 7Sartorius Opens New Application Center in Shanghai
- 8Pathogens in foods: progress and challenges
- 9Failed Alzheimer’s test shows in which direction the research should continue
- 10Towards future lab-on-chip applications