Eurofins strengthens Asia Pacific footprint with the acquisition of New Zealand Laboratory Services
04-07-2012: Eurofins Scientific announced that it has acquired New Zealand Laboratory Services (NZ Labs). NZ Labs generated revenues of over EUR 5m in 2011 and employs around 100 staff across 3 strategically-located laboratories spanning the whole of New Zealand. The domestic food testing market serves primarily the dairy and meat sectors of the food industry, with the majority of produce from these sectors bound for export.
The entry into New Zealand is consistent with the Group’s commitment in the rapidly-growing Asia Pacific region. Given NZ Labs’ existing nationwide coverage, the roll-out of Eurofins’ technology and capabilities, and the transfer of know-how should be reasonably quick, allowing the Group to participate actively in this growing food market.
Gilles Martin, Eurofins CEO, commented: “NZ Labs is an excellent strategic fit with Eurofins’ growing Asia Pacific presence and provides a solid entry into the thriving food industry in that region. Specifically, it provides a strong regional platform for the Group’s capabilities in dairy and pesticides testing. We are looking forward to strengthening NZ Labs’ position in the market by offering the full range of services and capabilities of the Eurofins Group.”
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2analytica Vietnam 2013 – Platform for innovations
- 3Thermo Fisher Scientific to Acquire Life Technologies Corporation
- 4Inspecting water quality with Raman spectroscopy
- 5LIMS/LIS Market and POCT Supplement
- 6X-ray analysis could boost legumes, thus reducing fertilizer pollution
- 7Analytik Jena announces forecast for financial year 2012/2013
- 8Abbott Completes Acquisition of Advanced Medical Optics
- 9Troubling levels of toxic metals found in lipstick
- 10Genzyme Launches New Diagnostic Test for Common Blood Cancer
- Carl Zeiss Meditec improves its results in first six months of financial yea ...
- Evonik selects OPX Biotechnologies for joint development of bio-based chemicals
- ZEISS presents half-year financial figures
- Analytik Jena to develop products for sepsis diagnostics
- Analytik Jena AG establishes subsidiary in Thailand