Eurofins strengthens Asia Pacific footprint with the acquisition of New Zealand Laboratory Services
04-07-2012: Eurofins Scientific announced that it has acquired New Zealand Laboratory Services (NZ Labs). NZ Labs generated revenues of over EUR 5m in 2011 and employs around 100 staff across 3 strategically-located laboratories spanning the whole of New Zealand. The domestic food testing market serves primarily the dairy and meat sectors of the food industry, with the majority of produce from these sectors bound for export.
The entry into New Zealand is consistent with the Group’s commitment in the rapidly-growing Asia Pacific region. Given NZ Labs’ existing nationwide coverage, the roll-out of Eurofins’ technology and capabilities, and the transfer of know-how should be reasonably quick, allowing the Group to participate actively in this growing food market.
Gilles Martin, Eurofins CEO, commented: “NZ Labs is an excellent strategic fit with Eurofins’ growing Asia Pacific presence and provides a solid entry into the thriving food industry in that region. Specifically, it provides a strong regional platform for the Group’s capabilities in dairy and pesticides testing. We are looking forward to strengthening NZ Labs’ position in the market by offering the full range of services and capabilities of the Eurofins Group.”
- 1Nano-sized chip "sniffs out" explosives far better than trained dogs
- 2Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 3Malvern Instruments completes acquisitions
- 4Mettler Toledo installs Tunable Diode Lasers (TDLs) where no TDLs have gone before
- 5Bochem Increasingly Using New Media
- 6LIMS/LIS Market and POCT Supplement
- 7Synthesis of structurally pure carbon nanotubes using molecular seeds
- 8New material puts a twist in light
- 9Danaher Announces Definitive Agreement to Acquire Leica Microsystems
- 10SCHOTT Is Now a Stock Corporation
- DKSH exclusively distributes Postnova Analytics’ Field-Flow Fractionation sy ...
- Analytik Jena AG Signs Agreement to Acquire Bruker's ICP-MS Business
- Bochem Increasingly Using New Media
- Malvern Instruments completes acquisitions
- Siemens Healthcare agrees to sell microbiology business to Beckman Coulter