Eurofins strengthens Asia Pacific footprint with the acquisition of New Zealand Laboratory Services
04-07-2012: Eurofins Scientific announced that it has acquired New Zealand Laboratory Services (NZ Labs). NZ Labs generated revenues of over EUR 5m in 2011 and employs around 100 staff across 3 strategically-located laboratories spanning the whole of New Zealand. The domestic food testing market serves primarily the dairy and meat sectors of the food industry, with the majority of produce from these sectors bound for export.
The entry into New Zealand is consistent with the Group’s commitment in the rapidly-growing Asia Pacific region. Given NZ Labs’ existing nationwide coverage, the roll-out of Eurofins’ technology and capabilities, and the transfer of know-how should be reasonably quick, allowing the Group to participate actively in this growing food market.
Gilles Martin, Eurofins CEO, commented: “NZ Labs is an excellent strategic fit with Eurofins’ growing Asia Pacific presence and provides a solid entry into the thriving food industry in that region. Specifically, it provides a strong regional platform for the Group’s capabilities in dairy and pesticides testing. We are looking forward to strengthening NZ Labs’ position in the market by offering the full range of services and capabilities of the Eurofins Group.”
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Almost as sensitive as a dog's nose
- 3Three-dimensional model of bacterium
- 4Raman keeps lipstick evidence in the bag
- 5Do you want to know how much caffeine is in your drink?
- 6Breakthrough in DNA editing technology
- 73D IR images now in full color
- 8PIAB announces new Chief Executive Officer
- 9‘Forensic fingers’ for crime scene investigation
- 10Raman pixel by pixel
- Merck Serono’s President has been appointed to Board of Directors of L’Oréal
- analytica Vietnam 2015: Vietnam's economy continues to grow
- Convincing performance by CHEMIE.DE at analytica 2014
- Analytik Jena planning merger by absorption of CyBio AG
- Merck Millipore and VWR Extend Western European Distribution Agreement