Eurofins Scientific announces the signing of an agreement to acquire Villapharma Research SL (“Villapharma”) in Spain. The transaction is expected to close in February 2017, upon fulfilment of customary closing conditions. Villapharma provides organic synthesis and medicinal chemistry servi ... more
Eurofins strengthens Asia Pacific footprint with the acquisition of New Zealand Laboratory Services
Eurofins Scientific announced that it has acquired New Zealand Laboratory Services (NZ Labs). NZ Labs generated revenues of over EUR 5m in 2011 and employs around 100 staff across 3 strategically-located laboratories spanning the whole of New Zealand. The domestic food testing market serves primarily the dairy and meat sectors of the food industry, with the majority of produce from these sectors bound for export.
The entry into New Zealand is consistent with the Group’s commitment in the rapidly-growing Asia Pacific region. Given NZ Labs’ existing nationwide coverage, the roll-out of Eurofins’ technology and capabilities, and the transfer of know-how should be reasonably quick, allowing the Group to participate actively in this growing food market.
Gilles Martin, Eurofins CEO, commented: “NZ Labs is an excellent strategic fit with Eurofins’ growing Asia Pacific presence and provides a solid entry into the thriving food industry in that region. Specifically, it provides a strong regional platform for the Group’s capabilities in dairy and pesticides testing. We are looking forward to strengthening NZ Labs’ position in the market by offering the full range of services and capabilities of the Eurofins Group.”
Eurofins Scientific announces the acquisition of Megalab SA (“Megalab”), one of the top five clinical diagnostic laboratory groups in Spain, for approximately EUR 40m. Headquartered in Madrid, where the central laboratory is based, Megalab operates 83 sites, of which 35 are located in priva ... more
Viracor-IBT Laboratories Inc. (Viracor-IBT), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Eurofins Scientific (EUFI.PA), announced that it received Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for its Zika Virus Real-time RT-PCR assay. Viracor-IBT will perform this ass ... more
- 1Seeing DNA 'blink'
- 2System automatically detects cracks in nuclear power plants
- 3New window into the nanoworld
- 4'Lossless' metamaterial could boost efficiency of lasers and other light-based devices
- 5Molecular phenomenon discovered by advanced NMR facility
- 6Resolutions of the Sartorius Supervisory Board
- 7Discovery of a new gene critical in the development of lung and pancreatic cancers
- Researchers probe secrets of bacterial immune system
- World’s smallest reaction chamber
- Eurofins strengthens Asia Pacific footprint with the acquisition of New Zealand Laboratory Services
- Syft Technologies has been awarded a $3m FRST RFI grant to continue their medical research programme
- LOT-Oriel signs new distribution agreement