Eurofins Scientific announces the acquisition of BioDiagnostics Inc. (BDI), seed and plant-tissue testing laboratories serving the agricultural industry in the US.Founded in 1996, BDI employs 120 staff at its laboratory in River Falls, WI. BDI offers genetic, seed quality, as well as analyt ... more
Eurofins strengthens Asia Pacific footprint with the acquisition of New Zealand Laboratory Services
Eurofins Scientific announced that it has acquired New Zealand Laboratory Services (NZ Labs). NZ Labs generated revenues of over EUR 5m in 2011 and employs around 100 staff across 3 strategically-located laboratories spanning the whole of New Zealand. The domestic food testing market serves primarily the dairy and meat sectors of the food industry, with the majority of produce from these sectors bound for export.
The entry into New Zealand is consistent with the Group’s commitment in the rapidly-growing Asia Pacific region. Given NZ Labs’ existing nationwide coverage, the roll-out of Eurofins’ technology and capabilities, and the transfer of know-how should be reasonably quick, allowing the Group to participate actively in this growing food market.
Gilles Martin, Eurofins CEO, commented: “NZ Labs is an excellent strategic fit with Eurofins’ growing Asia Pacific presence and provides a solid entry into the thriving food industry in that region. Specifically, it provides a strong regional platform for the Group’s capabilities in dairy and pesticides testing. We are looking forward to strengthening NZ Labs’ position in the market by offering the full range of services and capabilities of the Eurofins Group.”
Eurofins Scientific announces the successful closing of the transaction to acquire Boston Heart Diagnostics Corp. (Boston Heart) following review and approval from relevant regulatory bodies.Eurofins signed an agreement to acquire Boston Heart for an initial cash amount US$140 million, plus ... more
Eurofins Scientific announced that it has successfully raised EUR 500m in its second senior unsecured Euro bond public issuance. The bonds have a seven-year maturity (due 27 January 2022) and will bear an annual coupon of 2.25% (ACT/ACT). The issue was more than three times over-subscribed. ... more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Asphaltene analysis takes a giant step
- 3Anton Paar GmbH acquires Measuring Technology Company in Hanover
- 4Foundation of LAUDA Scientific GmbH as an independent company for measuring instruments
- 5MDxHealth's ConfirmMDx Genes Detect Clinically Significant Prostate Cancer
- 6Fluorescence spectroscopy using a smartphone
- 7SCHOTT Is Now a Stock Corporation
- 8Determining recipes for some of the world's oldest preserved beers
- 9Eurofins acquires BioDiagnostics, Inc.
- 10Endress+Hauser Supports Analytik Jena in Real Estate Acquisition