Fluidigm China Opens Its Doors
18-04-2012: Fluidigm Corporation has begun direct service to customers in China. Through the establishment of a wholly-owned Fluidigm subsidiary in China in late January 2012, officially known as Fluidigm (Shanghai) Instrument Technology Co., Ltd., Fluidigm will improve services to its Chinese customer base and expects to rapidly build a strong presence in that country’s burgeoning life science research community.
“The establishment of our China subsidiary in this rapidly growing nation is an especially important commercial development for Fluidigm. We believe China will be an important growth driver for Fluidigm in 2012 and into the future,” said Gajus Worthington, president and chief executive officer of Fluidigm. “China is aggressively pursuing research in therapeutic stem cells and single-cell genomics. Customers in various Chinese universities, hospitals and government-sponsored laboratories are conducting world-class research in these areas of global importance and they need world-class tools to help them achieve their objectives. We believe Fluidigm nanofluidic technology brings the world’s most advanced single-cell and stem-cell solutions available in the world to the Chinese life science research community. We want to help our customers move forward in these critical areas of research as quickly as possible,” Worthington concluded.
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Almost as sensitive as a dog's nose
- 3Three-dimensional model of bacterium
- 4Raman keeps lipstick evidence in the bag
- 5Do you want to know how much caffeine is in your drink?
- 6Breakthrough in DNA editing technology
- 73D IR images now in full color
- 8PIAB announces new Chief Executive Officer
- 9‘Forensic fingers’ for crime scene investigation
- 10Raman pixel by pixel