Corning Holds Grand Opening Ceremony for Life Sciences Manufacturing and Distribution Facility in China
Corning expands capacity to serve world's fastest growing Life Sciences market
11-11-2011: Corning Incorporated announced the official opening of a new state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution facility for Corning Life Sciences in China's Yangtze River Delta. The grand opening ceremony was held just over a year after Corning's Board of Directors approved the approximately $40 million (USD) capital expenditure plan in July 2010.
The facility, located in the Wujiang Economic Development Zone, combines labware manufacturing capacity with a full-service distribution center. This combination will enable Corning to provide customers in China its broad portfolio of cost-competitive labware solutions with high levels of service. In doing so, Corning is well positioned to support the growth of the life sciences market in China, which is expected to exceed 20% annually through 2015.
"Today's official opening represents another milestone for Corning in China. It reinforces our strategy to locate facilities in growth regions," said Eric S. Musser, chief executive officer of Corning Greater China. "With the opening of this facility, Corning is one of the first U.S. manufacturers of locally produced labware products with improved market access and local distribution in China. It further reflects our commitment to grow with the customers and to support the country's life sciences industry through a combination of strategic investments, innovative technologies, and leadership."
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Thermo Fisher Scientific to Acquire Life Technologies Corporation
- 3analytica Vietnam 2013 – Platform for innovations
- 4Inspecting water quality with Raman spectroscopy
- 5LIMS/LIS Market and POCT Supplement
- 6X-ray analysis could boost legumes, thus reducing fertilizer pollution
- 7Abbott Completes Acquisition of Advanced Medical Optics
- 8Analytik Jena announces forecast for financial year 2012/2013
- 9Thermo Fisher Scientific Scientist Dr. Alexander Makarov Receives Inaugural HUPO Science and Technology Award
- 10Troubling levels of toxic metals found in lipstick
- Carl Zeiss Meditec improves its results in first six months of financial yea ...
- Evonik selects OPX Biotechnologies for joint development of bio-based chemicals
- ZEISS presents half-year financial figures
- Analytik Jena to develop products for sepsis diagnostics
- Analytik Jena AG establishes subsidiary in Thailand
- Detecting harmful dye used to make ketchup red
- Artificial tongue made from polymer gel
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Opens New Manufacturing Facility in China
- Destination China as Level Sensors and Transmitters Markets Make a Comeback
- Dow Corning Strengthens Global R&D Network, Expands Solar Solutions Lab to Support Customers in Greater China