Corning Incorporated announced that it has completed the previously announced acquisition of the majority of the Discovery Labware business from BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company) for approximately $720 million in cash.The acquisition of the BD Discovery Labware business will expand Corning ... more
Corning Holds Grand Opening Ceremony for Life Sciences Manufacturing and Distribution Facility in ChinaCorning expands capacity to serve world's fastest growing Life Sciences market
Corning Incorporated announced the official opening of a new state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution facility for Corning Life Sciences in China's Yangtze River Delta. The grand opening ceremony was held just over a year after Corning's Board of Directors approved the approximately $40 million (USD) capital expenditure plan in July 2010.
The facility, located in the Wujiang Economic Development Zone, combines labware manufacturing capacity with a full-service distribution center. This combination will enable Corning to provide customers in China its broad portfolio of cost-competitive labware solutions with high levels of service. In doing so, Corning is well positioned to support the growth of the life sciences market in China, which is expected to exceed 20% annually through 2015.
"Today's official opening represents another milestone for Corning in China. It reinforces our strategy to locate facilities in growth regions," said Eric S. Musser, chief executive officer of Corning Greater China. "With the opening of this facility, Corning is one of the first U.S. manufacturers of locally produced labware products with improved market access and local distribution in China. It further reflects our commitment to grow with the customers and to support the country's life sciences industry through a combination of strategic investments, innovative technologies, and leadership."
- Life Sciences
Corning Incorporated announced that it has reached a definitive agreement with BD(Becton, Dickinson and Company) (NYSE:BDX) to acquire the majority of its Discovery Labware unit for approximately $730 million in cash. The acquisition is expected to be completed later this year, subject to c ... more
Corning Incorporated announced that it has completed the acquisition of Mediatech, Inc. , a Virginia-based corporation, including Mediatech's subsidiary, KD Medical, Inc., a Maryland-based corporation. Mediatech is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Corning and will be integrated into Corning ... more
- 1How Natural Channel Proteins Move in Artificial Membranes
- 2Merck’s Acquisition of Sigma-Aldrich Receives Clearance from EU Regulators
- 3Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 4New composite material as CO2 sensor
- 5Thousands of Droplets for Diagnostics
- 6Waters Corporation Announces Christopher J. O'Connell as Chief Executive Officer
- 7'Green chemistry' to quantify the components of cosmetics
- 8Pall Corporation Acquires BioSMB Technology from Tarpon Biosystems
- 9Eurofins signs an exclusive agreement to acquire the Biomnis Group
- 10Abbott enters into agreement with Inpeco to expand laboratory automation capabilites
- Eurofins signs an exclusive agreement to acquire the Biomnis Group
- Merck’s Acquisition of Sigma-Aldrich Receives Clearance from EU Regulators
- CHEMIE.DE’s 15th anniversary: from a university project to a specialist for ...
- BioTek Expands in the United Kingdom
- Eurofins acquires Diatherix Laboratories, Inc.
- QIAGEN partners with sequencing provider
- Joint Open Laboratory Established In China by Waters & the Chinese Pharmacopeia Commission
- Sartorius Opens New Application Center in Shanghai
- analytica China 2014: Closed with overall success
- Food analysis and diagnostics are hot topics at analytica China 2014