Merck, the science and technology company, is a new partner of the German Tech Entrepreneurship Center (GTEC). Since its foundation in 1668, Merck has always been committed to innovation, which nowadays especially arises within startups; therefore, Merck has been increasingly relying on the ... more
Merck Millipore offers quick tests for EHEC in foodEasy to use detection for food manufacturers and researchers
Merck Millipore, the Life Science division of Merck KGaA, announced a simple quick test in its product portfolio can detect EHEC (enterohaemorrhagic Escherichia coli) in food. This strain of bacteria has already infected hundreds in Germany and other regions in recent weeks. The infection is thought to be spread primarily through the consumption of contaminated food. Merck Millipore’s Duopath® Verotoxin is a simple quick test which can detect this pathogen in food. The product range also includes Singlepath® E. coli O157, which detects the most common serogroup of pathogenic E. coli.
“Despite stringent quality control measures, these infections - where we think they are food-born - occasionally emerge. We know how important it is to quickly isolate the bacteria in order to take protect the food supply and ensure human health,” said Roland Heinrich, Head of Merck Millipore’s Biomonitoring Business. “This test is especially helpful to those in the food manufacturing industry and researchers who are all working to identify the bacteria and treat infected patients.”
- Escherichia coli
- enterohemorrhagic E…
Merck announced that Professor Francesco Ricci from the University of Rome, Tor Vergata, Italy, will receive the 2017 Heinrich Emanuel Merck Award for Analytical Science. The Italian chemist will receive the recognition worth €15,000 for his ground-breaking development of nature-inspired DN ... more
Merck announced the opening of a facility in Mollet des Vallès, Spain dedicated to the manufacture of meglumine, an FDA-approved excipient for pharmaceuticals and a component of medical imaging contrast media.The facility, validated by the FDA, is the only location in Europe that manufactur ... more
The Scepter™, the industry’s first handheld, automated cell counter represents a breakthrough for life science researchers. Unlike any other cell counter, this handheld device provides researchers with a simple and affordable automated option for counting cells and monitoring the health of ... more
Millitrack® Compliance software is included on all new Milli-Q® Advantage and Milli-Q® Integral water purification systems, and can be enabled using an activation key provided by Merck Millipore. In regulated laboratories, instrument qualification is a requirement. It is becoming increasing ... more
- 1Mechanism involved in novel drug design with potential to treat tuberculosis
- 2Nanoscale virus features reconstructed from correlations of scattered X-rays
- 3New antibiotic resistance genes found
- 4Neutrons observe vitamin B6-dependent enzyme activity useful for drug development
- 5Eurofins acquires food testing laboratory Institut Nehring
- 6A detailed look at 2-D structure of turbulence in tokamaks
- 7Pioneering discovery of an odor-detecting receptor enhancer
- 8How rough microparticles can cause big problems
- 9Initiative taps scientists to create atlas of cells in human spinal cord
- 10Proteins may prevent dysfunction and disease by relaxing
- MRC Technology and Biocartis initiate development of liquid biopsy test for ...
- Agilent Technologies Receives Multiple Awards at Scientific Conference in China
- Innovationsstarter Fonds Hamburg and High-Tech Gründerfonds are investing to ...
- Carl Zeiss Meditec AG wins patent infringement action on trifocal intraocula ...
- Zika virus test receives FDA emergency use authorization