Merck announced the opening of a facility in Mollet des Vallès, Spain dedicated to the manufacture of meglumine, an FDA-approved excipient for pharmaceuticals and a component of medical imaging contrast media.The facility, validated by the FDA, is the only location in Europe that manufactur ... more
Merck Millipore offers quick tests for EHEC in foodEasy to use detection for food manufacturers and researchers
Merck Millipore, the Life Science division of Merck KGaA, announced a simple quick test in its product portfolio can detect EHEC (enterohaemorrhagic Escherichia coli) in food. This strain of bacteria has already infected hundreds in Germany and other regions in recent weeks. The infection is thought to be spread primarily through the consumption of contaminated food. Merck Millipore’s Duopath® Verotoxin is a simple quick test which can detect this pathogen in food. The product range also includes Singlepath® E. coli O157, which detects the most common serogroup of pathogenic E. coli.
“Despite stringent quality control measures, these infections - where we think they are food-born - occasionally emerge. We know how important it is to quickly isolate the bacteria in order to take protect the food supply and ensure human health,” said Roland Heinrich, Head of Merck Millipore’s Biomonitoring Business. “This test is especially helpful to those in the food manufacturing industry and researchers who are all working to identify the bacteria and treat infected patients.”
- Escherichia coli
- enterohemorrhagic E…
Merck announced it has acquired BioControl Systems Inc., a global leader in food safety testing. The acquisition opens growth opportunities for Merck in the food and beverage space; particularly in the U.S. Confidentiality has been agreed on the financial details of the transaction. BioCont ... more
Merck, a leading science and technology company, today announced recipients of the fourth annual Grant for Multiple Sclerosis Innovation (GMSI) during a symposium at the 32nd Congress of the European Committee for Treatment and Research in Multiple Sclerosis (ECTRIMS) in London. This year, ... more
Elix High-Throughput water purification system delivers up to 9000 liters of pure water daily with real-time monitoring more
Economical and reliable high-performance solution for analyzers with daily pure water needs of up to 3000 Liters daily more
Interesting topics of chromatography such as HPLC, UHPLC, TLC, Sample Preparation, Gas Chromatography and Solvents more
The Scepter™, the industry’s first handheld, automated cell counter represents a breakthrough for life science researchers. Unlike any other cell counter, this handheld device provides researchers with a simple and affordable automated option for counting cells and monitoring the health of ... more
Millitrack® Compliance software is included on all new Milli-Q® Advantage and Milli-Q® Integral water purification systems, and can be enabled using an activation key provided by Merck Millipore. In regulated laboratories, instrument qualification is a requirement. It is becoming increasing ... more
- 1Groundbreaking experimental method will speed up protein analysis substantially
- 2Tiny nanoparticles offer significant potential in detecting and treating disease
- 3State-of-the-art text mining technologies for chemistry
- 4Eurofins acquires clinical diagnostics company in Italy
- 5Shimadzu acquires specialist for isotope labeled standards
- 6More durable, versatile wearable for diabetes monitoring
- 7Eurofins expands its footprint in the Balkan region
- 8New sensors could enable more affordable detection of pollution and diseases
- 9Bacterial organizational complexities revealed
- 10Protein mingling under blue light
- MRC Technology and Biocartis initiate development of liquid biopsy test for ...
- Agilent Technologies Receives Multiple Awards at Scientific Conference in China
- Innovationsstarter Fonds Hamburg and High-Tech Gründerfonds are investing to ...
- Carl Zeiss Meditec AG wins patent infringement action on trifocal intraocula ...
- Zika virus test receives FDA emergency use authorization
- Shimadzu acquires specialist for isotope labeled standards
- Groundbreaking experimental method will speed up protein analysis substantially
- We are much more unique than assumed
- LAUDA appoints Dr. Ralf Hermann as the new General Manager Constant temperature equipment
- PerkinElmer to acquire EUROIMMUN for approximately $1.3 Billion