Merck Serono announced the creation of TocopheRx, a Boston-based spin-off company resulting from its Entrepreneur Partnership Program (EPP) launched in April 2012. TocopheRx, the 8th spin-off in the EPP will focus on the development of oral follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) agonists for tr ... more
Merck Millipore offers quick tests for EHEC in food
Easy to use detection for food manufacturers and researchers
08-06-2011: Merck Millipore, the Life Science division of Merck KGaA, announced a simple quick test in its product portfolio can detect EHEC (enterohaemorrhagic Escherichia coli) in food. This strain of bacteria has already infected hundreds in Germany and other regions in recent weeks. The infection is thought to be spread primarily through the consumption of contaminated food. Merck Millipore’s Duopath® Verotoxin is a simple quick test which can detect this pathogen in food. The product range also includes Singlepath® E. coli O157, which detects the most common serogroup of pathogenic E. coli.
“Despite stringent quality control measures, these infections - where we think they are food-born - occasionally emerge. We know how important it is to quickly isolate the bacteria in order to take protect the food supply and ensure human health,” said Roland Heinrich, Head of Merck Millipore’s Biomonitoring Business. “This test is especially helpful to those in the food manufacturing industry and researchers who are all working to identify the bacteria and treat infected patients.”
Merck Serono announced that there is just one month remaining for researchers leading innovative research projects to apply for grants as part of the Merck Serono Grant for Growth Innovation (GGI) which was launched in September. Grants totalling up to 400,000 € will be awarded to one or mo ... more
Merck Serono announced a five-year strategic partnership with the Lead Discovery Center GmbH (LDC), Dortmund, Germany, a translational research organization. This collaboration integrates the expertise and resources of both organizations to expedite the discovery of promising lead structure ... more
Sometimes uncertainty can arise when analyzing stained tissue samples. Having a control to compare against can help to increase confidence in your results more
With Merck Millipore’s new Chromolith® HighResolution columns, high resolution separations can be carried out easily more
The Scepter™, the industry's first handheld, automated cell counter represents a breakthrough for life science researchers more
All norms, industry guidelines, quality standards and regulations recommend periodical preventive maintenance of water purification systems as the most efficient way of ensuring more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Almost as sensitive as a dog's nose
- 3Three-dimensional model of bacterium
- 4Raman keeps lipstick evidence in the bag
- 5Do you want to know how much caffeine is in your drink?
- 6Breakthrough in DNA editing technology
- 73D IR images now in full color
- 8PIAB announces new Chief Executive Officer
- 9‘Forensic fingers’ for crime scene investigation
- 10Raman pixel by pixel
- Roche and Molecular Partners enter into alliance
- Lonza and BioWa sign license agreements with Pfizer
- Analytik Jena subsidiary obtained approval for two ELISA-based tests for det ...
- Pfizer, GSK, and Siemens form R&D Consortium with A*STAR’s Institute of Chem ...
- History of analytical measuring technology in Jena