Merck announced that the European Commission has approved its planned acquisition of U.S.-based life science company Sigma-Aldrich. The EU clearance, which is subject to certain conditions, follows the recent antitrust approvals in Japan (JFTC) and by the Chinese Ministry of Commerce (MOFCO ... more
Merck Millipore offers quick tests for EHEC in foodEasy to use detection for food manufacturers and researchers
Merck Millipore, the Life Science division of Merck KGaA, announced a simple quick test in its product portfolio can detect EHEC (enterohaemorrhagic Escherichia coli) in food. This strain of bacteria has already infected hundreds in Germany and other regions in recent weeks. The infection is thought to be spread primarily through the consumption of contaminated food. Merck Millipore’s Duopath® Verotoxin is a simple quick test which can detect this pathogen in food. The product range also includes Singlepath® E. coli O157, which detects the most common serogroup of pathogenic E. coli.
“Despite stringent quality control measures, these infections - where we think they are food-born - occasionally emerge. We know how important it is to quickly isolate the bacteria in order to take protect the food supply and ensure human health,” said Roland Heinrich, Head of Merck Millipore’s Biomonitoring Business. “This test is especially helpful to those in the food manufacturing industry and researchers who are all working to identify the bacteria and treat infected patients.”
Merck announced that it has obtained antitrust clearance from the United States Federal Trade Commission (FTC) for its planned acquisition of US-based life science company Sigma-Aldrich. The waiting period under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act (HSR Act) in connection with i ... more
Merck and Sigma-Aldrich announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement under which Merck will acquire Sigma-Aldrich for $17.0 billion (€13.1 billion), establishing one of the leading players in the $130 billion global life science industry. Merck will acquire all of the outsta ... more
The Milli-Q® Integral water purification system provides you with integrated, reliable lab-scale production of pure and ultrapure water more
The Scepter™, the industry's first handheld, automated cell counter represents a breakthrough for life science researchers more
This unique fully-embedded water purification system software has been developed especially for the pharmaceutical, biotech and contract labs more
All norms, industry guidelines, quality standards and regulations recommend periodical preventive maintenance of water purification systems as the most efficient way of ensuring more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Could your smartphone one day tell you you're pregnant?
- 3Teeth reveal lifetime exposures to metals, toxins
- 4NETZSCH Acquires GABO
- 5A most singular nano-imaging technique
- 6How Natural Channel Proteins Move in Artificial Membranes
- 7New technique enables magnetic patterns to be mapped in 3D
- 8Oxford Nanopore announces £70 million fundraising
- 9Better assessment of the health risks associated with mixtures of substances in food
- 10LGC rebrands reference standards
- New test could identify resistant tuberculosis faster
- Rapid and efficient DNA chip technology for testing 14 major types of food b ...
- MDxHealth's ConfirmMDx Genes Detect Clinically Significant Prostate Cancer
- DPZ-Researchers develop suitcase laboratory for rapid detection of the Ebola ...
- IDT and Ubiquitome Partner to Develop Mobile Ebola Test