MorphoSys AG and Proteros Biostructures announced that they have been awarded a grant by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research, BMBF. The funding of approximately EUR 850,000 supports both companies in establishing a new technology platform for efficient structural character ... more
NanoCare Project Builds TrustNanomaterials knowledge base expanded
The NanoCare Project has gained new knowledge about the effects of nanomaterials on health and on the environment. Dr. Peter Nagler, head of Innovation Management for Evonik’s Chemistry Business Area, said that the project, sponsored by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research, would immensely help create a broad basis for safe and responsible nanotechnology development. “From Evonik’s perspective, NanoCare is a success,” he said during the closing ceremony for NanoCare in Berlin. The objective of NanoCare, launched three years ago, is to gain more knowledge about the impact of industrially manufactured nanomaterials on health. Fifteen companies, universities, and research facilities participated in and contributed their expertise to the project.
Evonik Industries provided NanoCare its highly researched comparative materials titanium oxide and carbon black, as well as new nanomaterials such as zirconium oxide, cerium oxide, mixed oxides, and various innovative surface-modified particles. Evonik’s analytical services center, AQura, provided NanoCare with its expertise in the chemical-physical characterization of particles and in measuring nanoparticles in the workplace. In addition, Evonik opened its factory gates to independent specialists who wanted to take measurements in the workplace.
“The results obtained by NanoCare so far indicate that no additional safety measures are required for the newly researched materials, compared to the already highly researched comparative materials, for which a broader database exists.” NanoCare has significantly broadened knowledge about evaluating nanomaterials. In addition, methods were developed to measure nanoparticles in the workplace. The project helps standardize international testing in various areas. For example, NanoCare provides its data to the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) to improve internationally recognized test strategies.
- Evonik Industries
- analytical services
The German Federal Ministry of Education and Research will fund a clinical research project for the early detection of colorectal cancer, to be realized by an alliance of Scientists from the 2nd Medical Clinic of the University vHospital rechts der Isar at the Munich Technical University, t ... more
Using creativity and unconventional ideas, researchers and engineers at Evonik have achieved a significant breakthrough in the biotechnological production of amino acids based on fermentation. They integrated the separating methods of chromatography and reverse osmosis and an online analyti ... more
Evonik Industries is investing in the technology startup Algal Scientific Corporation (Northville, Michigan, USA). Evonik is part of an investors’ consortium that is investing more than US$3 million in Series A financing round. Under the trade name AlgamuneTM Algal markets 1,3-β-glucan, a p ... more
Evonik Industries and LanzaTech have signed a three year research cooperationagreement which will see Evonik combining its existing biotechnology platforms with LanzaTech’s synthetic biology and gas fermentation expertise for the development of a route to bioprocessed precursors for special ... more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2CT scan of Earth links deep mantle plumes with volcanic hotspots
- 3Imaging techniques set new standard for super-resolution in live cells
- 4Chocolate physics: How modeling could improve 'mouthfeel'
- 5A quarter of a century: Analytik Jena celebrates
- 6Varian, Inc. Acquires Digilab Spectroscopy Products for Life Sciences and Materials Research
- 7MDS Sciex Opens Manufacturing Facility in Singapore
- 8Image-tracking technology helps scientists study nature v. nurture in neural stem cells
- 9Varian, Inc. Acquires Polymer Laboratories Ltd.
- 10Team harnesses intense X-ray beam, observes unusual phenomenon for the first time
- Smaller is better for nanotube analysis
- Milestone single-biomolecule imaging technique may advance drug design
- New precise particle measurement improves subatomic tool for probing mysteri ...
- Prototype lab in a needle could make real-time, mobile laboratory testing a ...
- Rosetta’s mass spectrometer ROSINA detected argon at comet Churyumov-Gerasimenko