MorphoSys AG and Proteros Biostructures announced that they have been awarded a grant by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research, BMBF. The funding of approximately EUR 850,000 supports both companies in establishing a new technology platform for efficient structural character ... more
NanoCare Project Builds TrustNanomaterials knowledge base expanded
The NanoCare Project has gained new knowledge about the effects of nanomaterials on health and on the environment. Dr. Peter Nagler, head of Innovation Management for Evonik’s Chemistry Business Area, said that the project, sponsored by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research, would immensely help create a broad basis for safe and responsible nanotechnology development. “From Evonik’s perspective, NanoCare is a success,” he said during the closing ceremony for NanoCare in Berlin. The objective of NanoCare, launched three years ago, is to gain more knowledge about the impact of industrially manufactured nanomaterials on health. Fifteen companies, universities, and research facilities participated in and contributed their expertise to the project.
Evonik Industries provided NanoCare its highly researched comparative materials titanium oxide and carbon black, as well as new nanomaterials such as zirconium oxide, cerium oxide, mixed oxides, and various innovative surface-modified particles. Evonik’s analytical services center, AQura, provided NanoCare with its expertise in the chemical-physical characterization of particles and in measuring nanoparticles in the workplace. In addition, Evonik opened its factory gates to independent specialists who wanted to take measurements in the workplace.
“The results obtained by NanoCare so far indicate that no additional safety measures are required for the newly researched materials, compared to the already highly researched comparative materials, for which a broader database exists.” NanoCare has significantly broadened knowledge about evaluating nanomaterials. In addition, methods were developed to measure nanoparticles in the workplace. The project helps standardize international testing in various areas. For example, NanoCare provides its data to the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) to improve internationally recognized test strategies.
The German Federal Ministry of Education and Research will fund a clinical research project for the early detection of colorectal cancer, to be realized by an alliance of Scientists from the 2nd Medical Clinic of the University vHospital rechts der Isar at the Munich Technical University, t ... more
Using creativity and unconventional ideas, researchers and engineers at Evonik have achieved a significant breakthrough in the biotechnological production of amino acids based on fermentation. They integrated the separating methods of chromatography and reverse osmosis and an online analyti ... more
Evonik Industries is investing in the technology startup Algal Scientific Corporation (Northville, Michigan, USA). Evonik is part of an investors’ consortium that is investing more than US$3 million in Series A financing round. Under the trade name AlgamuneTM Algal markets 1,3-β-glucan, a p ... more
Evonik Industries and LanzaTech have signed a three year research cooperationagreement which will see Evonik combining its existing biotechnology platforms with LanzaTech’s synthetic biology and gas fermentation expertise for the development of a route to bioprocessed precursors for special ... more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Asphaltene analysis takes a giant step
- 3Fluorescence spectroscopy using a smartphone
- 4MDxHealth's ConfirmMDx Genes Detect Clinically Significant Prostate Cancer
- 5Foundation of LAUDA Scientific GmbH as an independent company for measuring instruments
- 6Anton Paar GmbH acquires Measuring Technology Company in Hanover
- 7Determining recipes for some of the world's oldest preserved beers
- 8Live broadcast from inside the nerve cell
- 9SCHOTT Is Now a Stock Corporation
- 10Bruker Daltonics Appoints Michael Schubert as Executive Vice President and Ian Sanders as Vice President
- Foundation of LAUDA Scientific GmbH as an independent company for measuring instruments
- INTEGRA Biosciences Opens German Subsidiary
- Omics methods: Towards a better prediction of the effects of substances at very low doses
- Sartorius extends portfolio with innovative sensors for flow rate measurement
- Frozen highly-charged ions for highest precision spectroscopy