A new analytical centrifuge is being used to test adhesive bonds, coatings and composites. BAM Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing’s scientists had the idea that samples should no longer be clamped, but simply inserted. Simply inserting the specimen makes rapid loading poss ... more
LUM GmbH moves into new headquarters in Berlin-Adlershof
09-08-2012: LUM GmbH is a market leader in innovative analysers for direct and accelerated stability analysis and particle characterization of dispersions. Following the approved growth strategy, with the relocation in 2012 a further important step forward is taken, now allowing LUM to offer customer solutions in the field of material testing, too.
Prof. Dr. Lerche, Managing Director of LUM GmbH, explains: „After 18 years in the Innovation and Business Incubation Centre / International Business Incubator IGZ/OWZ we gratefully thank their team for the good collaboration, allowing LUM to grow from a start-up business to a market leading company. But, as an established company we have reached space limits. In our new headquarters Justus-von-Liebig-Strasse 3 in Germany's most successful science and technology park Berlin Adlershof, we move to an area of approximately 1500 square meters, fully designed and finished according to our needs and based on state-of-the-art aspects. Thereby, we have best preconditions to continue with our growth.
The significant enlargement of the production area permits a more efficient production of the new Adhesion Analyser LUMiFrac in parallel to the existing product lines LUMiSizer, LUMiFuge, LUMiCheck as well as to the recently introduced multi-wavelength LUMiReader PSA. In addition, there will be enough space for the measuring instrument LUMiReader X-ray, currently in the construction type approval procedure. The application department is extended by several fully equipped laboratories and seminar rooms, allowing a comprehensive education and training of customers, independent of internal operating schedules of LUM. We intentionally decided for the new site, since we see us in the tradition of Justus von Liebig, too.
Justus Freiherr von Liebig (1803-1873) was a German chemist who made major contributions to agricultural and biological chemistry, and worked on the organization of organic chemistry.
LUM instruments are standard equipment in agrochemical and other research and industrial laboratories around the world and solve challenges of the researching and producing ’inheritors’ of Justus von Liebig.“
LUM GmbH is nominated for the Innovation Award with the new Adhesion Analyser LUMiFrac. From more than 100 applications LUM was nominated into the final five candidates. With the LUMiFrac® LUM, currently known as market leader in innovative analysers for direct and accelerated stability ana ... more
- 1Analytik Jena AG Signs Agreement to Acquire Bruker's ICP-MS Business
- 2Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 3Food analysis and diagnostics are hot topics at analytica China 2014
- 4Analytik Jena Closed Third Quarter Below Expectations
- 5SGS appoints new Chief Financial Officer
- 6Faster, cheaper tests for sickle cell
- 7Malvern Instruments completes acquisitions
- 8DKSH exclusively distributes Postnova Analytics’ Field-Flow Fractionation systems
- 9SCHOTT Is Now a Stock Corporation
- 10Genomic sequencing reveals mutations, insights into 2014 Ebola outbreak
- Analytik Jena Closes Acquisition of Bruker's ICP-MS Business and Begins Inte ...
- Food analysis and diagnostics are hot topics at analytica China 2014
- Messe München International takes over one of India's leading trade fairs fo ...
- A new ISO 9001:2008 for Altmann Analytik by TÜV Süd
- DKSH exclusively distributes Postnova Analytics’ Field-Flow Fractionation sy ...