The new application lab of LUM GmbH opened in Plaisir, a Western suburb of Paris, on October, 1st 2014. „The opening of the application laboratory is the next logical step in the further development of the French market for LUM products as well as for the optimum customer service in France. ... more
LUM GmbH moves into new headquarters in Berlin-Adlershof
LUM GmbH is a market leader in innovative analysers for direct and accelerated stability analysis and particle characterization of dispersions. Following the approved growth strategy, with the relocation in 2012 a further important step forward is taken, now allowing LUM to offer customer solutions in the field of material testing, too.
Prof. Dr. Lerche, Managing Director of LUM GmbH, explains: „After 18 years in the Innovation and Business Incubation Centre / International Business Incubator IGZ/OWZ we gratefully thank their team for the good collaboration, allowing LUM to grow from a start-up business to a market leading company. But, as an established company we have reached space limits. In our new headquarters Justus-von-Liebig-Strasse 3 in Germany's most successful science and technology park Berlin Adlershof, we move to an area of approximately 1500 square meters, fully designed and finished according to our needs and based on state-of-the-art aspects. Thereby, we have best preconditions to continue with our growth.
The significant enlargement of the production area permits a more efficient production of the new Adhesion Analyser LUMiFrac in parallel to the existing product lines LUMiSizer, LUMiFuge, LUMiCheck as well as to the recently introduced multi-wavelength LUMiReader PSA. In addition, there will be enough space for the measuring instrument LUMiReader X-ray, currently in the construction type approval procedure. The application department is extended by several fully equipped laboratories and seminar rooms, allowing a comprehensive education and training of customers, independent of internal operating schedules of LUM. We intentionally decided for the new site, since we see us in the tradition of Justus von Liebig, too.
Justus Freiherr von Liebig (1803-1873) was a German chemist who made major contributions to agricultural and biological chemistry, and worked on the organization of organic chemistry.
LUM instruments are standard equipment in agrochemical and other research and industrial laboratories around the world and solve challenges of the researching and producing ’inheritors’ of Justus von Liebig.“
A new analytical centrifuge is being used to test adhesive bonds, coatings and composites. BAM Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing’s scientists had the idea that samples should no longer be clamped, but simply inserted. Simply inserting the specimen makes rapid loading poss ... more
LUM GmbH is nominated for the Innovation Award with the new Adhesion Analyser LUMiFrac. From more than 100 applications LUM was nominated into the final five candidates. With the LUMiFrac® LUM, currently known as market leader in innovative analysers for direct and accelerated stability ana ... more
The innovative Separation Analyser LUMiReader® X-Ray extends the proprietary STEP-Technology® to X-radiation, to characterize the separation behaviour more
The analytical instruments made by L.U.M. GmbH apply the STEP-Technology® for fast stability analysis of high concentrated emulsions and suspensions and for comprehensive particle characterization more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Detecting chemical weapons with a color-changing film
- 3Scientists get first glimpse of a chemical bond being born
- 4LGC rebrands reference standards
- 5Eurofins acquires BioDiagnostics, Inc.
- 6Live broadcast from inside the nerve cell
- 7Fluorescence spectroscopy using a smartphone
- 8Adulterated foods investigated: modern analytical methods verify that foods are genuine
- 9New Endoscopic Technique
- 10Tattoo-like sensor can detect glucose levels without a painful finger prick
- Adulterated foods investigated: modern analytical methods verify that foods are genuine
- Taking high-speed snapshots of living cells with an X-ray laser
- Roche acquires Signature Diagnostics
- X-ray pulses uncover free nanoparticles for the first time in 3-D
- Industrial chromatography and reverse osmosis optimize amino acid fermentation process