L.U.M. GmbH is now certified according to DIN EN ISO 9001:2000 (issued december 2000) for the application areas development, production and marketing of measuring instruments (technical optics) for material characterisation by DQS GmbH Deutsche Gesellschaft zur Zertifizierung von Management ... more
LUM GmbH moves into new headquarters in Berlin-Adlershof
LUM GmbH is a market leader in innovative analysers for direct and accelerated stability analysis and particle characterization of dispersions. Following the approved growth strategy, with the relocation in 2012 a further important step forward is taken, now allowing LUM to offer customer solutions in the field of material testing, too.
Prof. Dr. Lerche, Managing Director of LUM GmbH, explains: „After 18 years in the Innovation and Business Incubation Centre / International Business Incubator IGZ/OWZ we gratefully thank their team for the good collaboration, allowing LUM to grow from a start-up business to a market leading company. But, as an established company we have reached space limits. In our new headquarters Justus-von-Liebig-Strasse 3 in Germany's most successful science and technology park Berlin Adlershof, we move to an area of approximately 1500 square meters, fully designed and finished according to our needs and based on state-of-the-art aspects. Thereby, we have best preconditions to continue with our growth.
The significant enlargement of the production area permits a more efficient production of the new Adhesion Analyser LUMiFrac in parallel to the existing product lines LUMiSizer, LUMiFuge, LUMiCheck as well as to the recently introduced multi-wavelength LUMiReader PSA. In addition, there will be enough space for the measuring instrument LUMiReader X-ray, currently in the construction type approval procedure. The application department is extended by several fully equipped laboratories and seminar rooms, allowing a comprehensive education and training of customers, independent of internal operating schedules of LUM. We intentionally decided for the new site, since we see us in the tradition of Justus von Liebig, too.
Justus Freiherr von Liebig (1803-1873) was a German chemist who made major contributions to agricultural and biological chemistry, and worked on the organization of organic chemistry.
LUM instruments are standard equipment in agrochemical and other research and industrial laboratories around the world and solve challenges of the researching and producing ’inheritors’ of Justus von Liebig.“
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2CT scan of Earth links deep mantle plumes with volcanic hotspots
- 3Imaging techniques set new standard for super-resolution in live cells
- 4Chocolate physics: How modeling could improve 'mouthfeel'
- 5A quarter of a century: Analytik Jena celebrates
- 6Varian, Inc. Acquires Polymer Laboratories Ltd.
- 7Varian, Inc. Acquires Digilab Spectroscopy Products for Life Sciences and Materials Research
- 8MDS Sciex Opens Manufacturing Facility in Singapore
- 9Image-tracking technology helps scientists study nature v. nurture in neural stem cells
- 10Birth of photo-sensitive magnets