Devices based on quantum dots and smart nanoparticles are currently getting a lot of attention. For instance, the colours, contrast and brightness of displays based on quantum dots provide benefits for users of TVs and phones. In addition, such particles can create value when incorporated i ... more
LUM GmbH moves into new headquarters in Berlin-Adlershof
LUM GmbH is a market leader in innovative analysers for direct and accelerated stability analysis and particle characterization of dispersions. Following the approved growth strategy, with the relocation in 2012 a further important step forward is taken, now allowing LUM to offer customer solutions in the field of material testing, too.
Prof. Dr. Lerche, Managing Director of LUM GmbH, explains: „After 18 years in the Innovation and Business Incubation Centre / International Business Incubator IGZ/OWZ we gratefully thank their team for the good collaboration, allowing LUM to grow from a start-up business to a market leading company. But, as an established company we have reached space limits. In our new headquarters Justus-von-Liebig-Strasse 3 in Germany's most successful science and technology park Berlin Adlershof, we move to an area of approximately 1500 square meters, fully designed and finished according to our needs and based on state-of-the-art aspects. Thereby, we have best preconditions to continue with our growth.
The significant enlargement of the production area permits a more efficient production of the new Adhesion Analyser LUMiFrac in parallel to the existing product lines LUMiSizer, LUMiFuge, LUMiCheck as well as to the recently introduced multi-wavelength LUMiReader PSA. In addition, there will be enough space for the measuring instrument LUMiReader X-ray, currently in the construction type approval procedure. The application department is extended by several fully equipped laboratories and seminar rooms, allowing a comprehensive education and training of customers, independent of internal operating schedules of LUM. We intentionally decided for the new site, since we see us in the tradition of Justus von Liebig, too.
Justus Freiherr von Liebig (1803-1873) was a German chemist who made major contributions to agricultural and biological chemistry, and worked on the organization of organic chemistry.
LUM instruments are standard equipment in agrochemical and other research and industrial laboratories around the world and solve challenges of the researching and producing ’inheritors’ of Justus von Liebig.“
One session of this year‘s International Workshop Dispersion Analysis and Materials Testing in Berlin was again dedicated to the Young Scientist Award (YSA) 2016. LUM GmbH traditionally awards this prize for outstanding scientific results in particle and dispersion analysis and materials te ... more
The articles of incorporation for LUM (Changzhou) Instruments Co., Ltd. were signed on 18 September 2015. Shareholders of this new joint venture are LUM GmbH, Berlin (80 % share capital) and Jiangsu Sino-German Innovation Center (Jiangsu) Co., Ltd, (GIC) Changzhou (20 % share capital). Besi ... more
Course29-01 – 30-01
From 29 - 30 January 2018, LUM GmbH hosts the next, now traditional International Workshop Dispersion Analysis & Materials Testing in Berlin, Germany - now as dual event that combines conference & workshop. The event will be held at the Park Inn By Radisson, directly on Berlin's famous Al ... more
- 1Diamond detectors for CERN
- 2We are much more unique than assumed
- 3New three-in-one blood test opens door to precision medicine for prostate cancer
- 4PerkinElmer to acquire EUROIMMUN for approximately $1.3 Billion
- 5LAUDA appoints Dr. Ralf Hermann as the new General Manager Constant temperature equipment
- 6Groundbreaking experimental method will speed up protein analysis substantially
- 7Research on crucial cutting enzyme maps sites of DNA damage in leukemias and other cancers
- 8Shimadzu acquires specialist for isotope labeled standards
- 9New femto-camera with quadrillion fractions of a second resolution
- Shimadzu acquires specialist for isotope labeled standards
- Groundbreaking experimental method will speed up protein analysis substantially
- We are much more unique than assumed
- LAUDA appoints Dr. Ralf Hermann as the new General Manager Constant temperature equipment
- PerkinElmer to acquire EUROIMMUN for approximately $1.3 Billion