VWR Announces Leadership Changes, As CEO John Ballbach Departs
European Leader, Manuel Brocke-Benz, Appointed Interim Chief Executive Officer
30-07-2012: VWR International, LLC announced that John Ballbach, Chairman, President, and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and its Board agreed on his departure from VWR. Mr. Ballbach's responsibilities will be retained by several of VWR's most senior leaders, effective immediately.
Manuel Brocke-Benz, Senior Vice President (SVP) and Managing Director of Europe, assumes the position as interim CEO, in additional to maintaining his current responsibilities. With 25 years at VWR, Mr. Brocke-Benz currently leads all sales, marketing, services and operations for the European laboratory business, which has realized double-digit growth during the past three years under his leadership.
VWR also named Mark McLoughlin, SVP of Emerging Businesses, to the role of SVP and President of U.S, where he will leverage more than 30 years of commercial and strategic management experience, as well as four years on VWR's North American leadership team. Ted Pulkownik, SVP of Strategy and Corporate Development has assumed Mr. McLoughlin's current responsibilities of Emerging Businesses in addition to his current role.
Additionally, a key member of the Board of Directors, Harry J. Kraemer, has been named Chairman of the VWR Board. Mr. Kraemer has served on VWR's Board for more than five years, and is an Executive Partner of VWR's majority equity owner, Madison Dearborn Partners. As the former Chairman and CEO of global healthcare corporation, Baxter International, Mr. Kraemer brings a wealth of industry knowledge and deep understanding of the broader marketplace.
VWR's Board of Directors has initiated the search for a new, permanent CEO, considering both internal and external candidates. No further management changes are planned at this time.
- 1Analytik Jena AG Signs Agreement to Acquire Bruker's ICP-MS Business
- 2Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 3Analytik Jena Closed Third Quarter Below Expectations
- 4Food analysis and diagnostics are hot topics at analytica China 2014
- 5SGS appoints new Chief Financial Officer
- 6Faster, cheaper tests for sickle cell
- 7DKSH exclusively distributes Postnova Analytics’ Field-Flow Fractionation systems
- 8Malvern Instruments completes acquisitions
- 9SCHOTT Is Now a Stock Corporation
- 10Genomic sequencing reveals mutations, insights into 2014 Ebola outbreak
- Agilent Technologies Thought Leader Award Supports Dr. Carolyn Mountford
- Analytik Jena AG with New Managing Director at French Subsidiary
- Sartorius appoints internationally experienced laboratory manager
- ZEISS Executive Board enlarged
- Analytik Jena appoints new managing director at Japanese subsidiary
- Advanced light source sets microscopy record
- Faster, cheaper tests for sickle cell
- Genomic sequencing reveals mutations, insights into 2014 Ebola outbreak
- New analytical technology reveals 'nanomechanical' surface traits
- No excess baggage: Antarctic insect's genome, newly sequenced, is smallest to date