VWR Announces Leadership Changes, As CEO John Ballbach DepartsEuropean Leader, Manuel Brocke-Benz, Appointed Interim Chief Executive Officer
VWR International, LLC announced that John Ballbach, Chairman, President, and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and its Board agreed on his departure from VWR. Mr. Ballbach's responsibilities will be retained by several of VWR's most senior leaders, effective immediately.
Manuel Brocke-Benz, Senior Vice President (SVP) and Managing Director of Europe, assumes the position as interim CEO, in additional to maintaining his current responsibilities. With 25 years at VWR, Mr. Brocke-Benz currently leads all sales, marketing, services and operations for the European laboratory business, which has realized double-digit growth during the past three years under his leadership.
VWR also named Mark McLoughlin, SVP of Emerging Businesses, to the role of SVP and President of U.S, where he will leverage more than 30 years of commercial and strategic management experience, as well as four years on VWR's North American leadership team. Ted Pulkownik, SVP of Strategy and Corporate Development has assumed Mr. McLoughlin's current responsibilities of Emerging Businesses in addition to his current role.
Additionally, a key member of the Board of Directors, Harry J. Kraemer, has been named Chairman of the VWR Board. Mr. Kraemer has served on VWR's Board for more than five years, and is an Executive Partner of VWR's majority equity owner, Madison Dearborn Partners. As the former Chairman and CEO of global healthcare corporation, Baxter International, Mr. Kraemer brings a wealth of industry knowledge and deep understanding of the broader marketplace.
VWR's Board of Directors has initiated the search for a new, permanent CEO, considering both internal and external candidates. No further management changes are planned at this time.
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2CT scan of Earth links deep mantle plumes with volcanic hotspots
- 3Imaging techniques set new standard for super-resolution in live cells
- 4Chocolate physics: How modeling could improve 'mouthfeel'
- 5A quarter of a century: Analytik Jena celebrates
- 6Varian, Inc. Acquires Digilab Spectroscopy Products for Life Sciences and Materials Research
- 7MDS Sciex Opens Manufacturing Facility in Singapore
- 8Image-tracking technology helps scientists study nature v. nurture in neural stem cells
- 9Varian, Inc. Acquires Polymer Laboratories Ltd.
- 10Team harnesses intense X-ray beam, observes unusual phenomenon for the first time
- Analytik Jena AG Expands Executive Management Board
- New Head of Marketing Communications and PR at JULABO
- Markus Lusser is new president of Leica Microsystems
- Thomas Bachmann is new Chief Executive Officer of the Eppendorf Group
- Waters Corporation Announces Christopher J. O'Connell as Chief Executive Officer
- Smaller is better for nanotube analysis
- Milestone single-biomolecule imaging technique may advance drug design
- New precise particle measurement improves subatomic tool for probing mysteries of universe
- Prototype lab in a needle could make real-time, mobile laboratory testing a reality
- Merck and Pfizer Collaborate with Dako