VWR Announces Leadership Changes, As CEO John Ballbach Departs
European Leader, Manuel Brocke-Benz, Appointed Interim Chief Executive Officer
30-07-2012: VWR International, LLC announced that John Ballbach, Chairman, President, and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and its Board agreed on his departure from VWR. Mr. Ballbach's responsibilities will be retained by several of VWR's most senior leaders, effective immediately.
Manuel Brocke-Benz, Senior Vice President (SVP) and Managing Director of Europe, assumes the position as interim CEO, in additional to maintaining his current responsibilities. With 25 years at VWR, Mr. Brocke-Benz currently leads all sales, marketing, services and operations for the European laboratory business, which has realized double-digit growth during the past three years under his leadership.
VWR also named Mark McLoughlin, SVP of Emerging Businesses, to the role of SVP and President of U.S, where he will leverage more than 30 years of commercial and strategic management experience, as well as four years on VWR's North American leadership team. Ted Pulkownik, SVP of Strategy and Corporate Development has assumed Mr. McLoughlin's current responsibilities of Emerging Businesses in addition to his current role.
Additionally, a key member of the Board of Directors, Harry J. Kraemer, has been named Chairman of the VWR Board. Mr. Kraemer has served on VWR's Board for more than five years, and is an Executive Partner of VWR's majority equity owner, Madison Dearborn Partners. As the former Chairman and CEO of global healthcare corporation, Baxter International, Mr. Kraemer brings a wealth of industry knowledge and deep understanding of the broader marketplace.
VWR's Board of Directors has initiated the search for a new, permanent CEO, considering both internal and external candidates. No further management changes are planned at this time.
- 1Identifying microbial species
- 2Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 3LIMS/LIS Market and POCT Supplement
- 4Merger of CyBio AG into Analytik Jena AG Completed
- 5SP Industries Acquires Bel-Art Products
- 6Sophisticated radiation detector designed for broad public use
- 7The quantum dance of oxygen
- 8Spectris acquires Corporate Scientific Claisse Inc.
- 9The Sweetest Calculator in the World
- 10KNAUER among Top 100 innovators
- Agilent Technologies Thought Leader Award Supports Dr. Carolyn Mountford
- Analytik Jena AG with New Managing Director at French Subsidiary
- Sartorius appoints internationally experienced laboratory manager
- ZEISS Executive Board enlarged
- Analytik Jena appoints new managing director at Japanese subsidiary
- Tiny laser sensor heightens bomb detection sensitivity
- Rice nanophotonics experts create powerful molecular sensor
- 'Nanocamera' takes pictures at distances smaller than light's own wavelength
- NMR under pressure: Reproducing deep-Earth chemistry
- Sophisticated radiation detector designed for broad public use