Spanish researcher releases a video showing a beetle from the inside
The biofilm was made using a computed microtomography that shows the anatomy of a small aquatic insect named Dryops
02-05-2012: A University of Granada researcher has been awarded the Best Film of the Year at the SkyScan Micro CT Meeting, an international conference of computed microtomography recently celebrated in Brussels, Belgium. Professor Javier Alba Tercedor, of the Department of Zoology has been awarded for his biofilm titled Micro-CT anatomical study of a female an aquatic beetle (Insect: Coleoptera) of the genus Dryops. This film shows from the inside the anatomy of a small aquatic insect called Dryops, of the order of coleopteran (beetles).
Tomography is a non-invasive widespread technique used by the scientific community, especially in the field of medicine. Micro-CT generates high-resolution images, and no alterations have to be made to samples; consequently, valuable specimens can be studied without causing any harm to them.
- 1The shadow of a disease
- 2Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 3Merck to Acquire Sigma-Aldrich to Enhance Position in Attractive Life Science Industry
- 4A Breakthrough in Electron Microscopy
- 5LGC rebrands reference standards
- 6Bibby Scientific Ltd acquires PCRmax Ltd
- 7Analytik Jena Closes Acquisition of Bruker's ICP-MS Business and Begins Integration Process
- 8LGC extends forensic and paternity DNA operations into Europe
- 9Gilson announces the acquisition of Armen
- 10analytica China 2014: Closed with overall success
- Light bending material facilitates the search for new particles
- Earlier unknown molecular-level mechanism may contribute to the growth rate ...
- Help in the Search for the Needle in the Haystack
- New sequencing reveals genetic history of tomatoes
- New light on the "Split Peak" in x-ray (RIXS) spectra of Alcohols
- One small chip - one giant leap forward for early cancer detection
- Nanostructures to facilitate the process to eliminate organic contaminants in water
- New analysis finds hempseed oil packed with health-promoting compounds
- Establishing guides for molecular counting using fluorescent proteins
- Electrochemical sensor for coeliac disease promises easy diagnosis of gluten allergy