Analytik Jena AG has started the 2015 financial year with significantly increased order entries totaling EUR 32.1 m (previous year: EUR 25.4 m) and a profit of EUR 0.7 m (previous year: EUR -1.5 m) for the period ending on March 31, 2015. This positive result in the period under review was ... more
Partnership in Japan: Analytik Jena Adds X-ray Fluorescence Spectroscopy to its Product Portfolio
Analytik Jena AG is expanding its product range in Japan, the world’s third-largest market for analytical measurement technology. As part of a sales partnership with Japanese company Techno-X, the Japanese subsidiary of the Jena-based Group will in future offer instruments for X-ray fluorescence spectroscopy, a method of determining the concentrations of elements in liquid and solid samples in cases where, unlike with other processes, the sample must not be destroyed for or during the analysis.
"With the products of our new partner, Techno-X, we are expanding our product portfolio with the addition of X-ray fluorescence equipment, which addresses what is a global growth market. The initial plan is to operate only on the Japanese market, where these products are already familiar," comments Klaus Berka, CEO of Analytik Jena AG. "Our goal is to achieve sales of EUR 1.5 to 2.0 million in the current financial year alone."
The Japanese company Techno-X was established in 2009 and employs 25 people. As part of the sales cooperation, Analytik Jena is fully incorporating the sales team of its new partner into the sales structures of its Japanese subsidiary.
"We hope to strengthen our market position in Japan by combining our partner’s technological expertise in the field of X-ray fluorescence spectroscopy with the sales skills of Analytik Jena. In the future, Techno-X will be able to dedicate greater focus to research and development," continues Berka.
X-ray fluorescence spectrometers are used by Techno-X for such applications as on-site analysis — for example, in the field of petrochemistry to analyze sulfur and chlorine — or in food inspection laboratories for analyzing the cadmium content of rice, for instance. In X-ray fluorescence spectroscopy, the samples are exposed to practically non-destructive X-rays, which means that the sample can be analyzed both qualitatively and quantitatively in terms of its chemical composition.
Analytik Jena AG has purchased the entire rented and owner-occupied real estate complex at their corporate headquarters in Jena. The real estate in the Jena-Göschwitz industrial estate comprises multiple modern new-builds as well as a renovated old building from the former Carl Zeiss Jena c ... more
Analytik Jena AG has established its own subsidiary in India, AJ Instruments India Pvt. Ltd., in order to strengthen its presence in the Indian market. The subsidiary is based in New Delhi, from where the Company will serve the customers of its largest business unit, Analytical Instrumentat ... more
The PlasmaQuant® MS series offers two high-performance models with lowest operating cost. At the heart of the PlasmaQuant® MS is the patented ReflexION, 90° reflecting ion optics providing industry-leading sensitivity for lowest detection limits more
The PME free-circulating DNA Kit-IPC16 is based on a new, patent-pending technology called PME – Polymer Mediated Enrichment. more
The Life Science catalog “Products & Applications” by Analytik Jena offers the complete solution for lab work: kits, reagents, instruments, and more more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Mummified bodies reveal how tuberculosis ravaged the heart of 18th century Europe
- 3Philips enters into collaboration with Janssen to develop new handheld blood test
- 4Pall Corporation Acquires BioSMB Technology from Tarpon Biosystems
- 5Goodbye to sunburn thanks to Queen's sunburn indicator
- 6Inspecting water quality with Raman spectroscopy
- 7Rapid and efficient DNA chip technology for testing 14 major types of food borne pathogens
- 8Sharper nanoscopy
- 9Extensive Proteomics Research Strengthens the Uptake for Protein Purification Kits in Europe
- 10Mettler-Toledo's TDL Analyzers Receive Award from Frost & Sullivan for Competitive Strategy Innovation & Leadership
- SYGNIS signs non-exclusive distribution agreement with Cambridge Bioscience ...
- Sartorius Stedim Biotech acquires UK-based CRO, BioOutsource
- Genevac Consolidate Evaporator & Freeze Dryer Operations In Germany
- Roche strengthens oncology translational research pipeline by acquiring CAPP ...
- Pall Corporation Acquires BioSMB Technology from Tarpon Biosystems
- Rapid and efficient DNA chip technology for testing 14 major types of food borne pathogens
- Innovative image sensing technology for early diagnosis of diabetes and Alzheimer’s disease
- Discovery of quantum vibrations in 'microtubules' corroborates theory of consciousness
- Shimadzu announces completion of new quality center
- Raman pixel by pixel