Analytik Jena AG, a manufacturer of analytical measuring technology and life science instruments announced that it has closed the acquisition of the ICP-MS business of Bruker Corporation on September 12, 2014. The integration process has begun, and it is scheduled to be completed by the end ... more
Partnership in Japan: Analytik Jena Adds X-ray Fluorescence Spectroscopy to its Product Portfolio
14-12-2011: Analytik Jena AG is expanding its product range in Japan, the world’s third-largest market for analytical measurement technology. As part of a sales partnership with Japanese company Techno-X, the Japanese subsidiary of the Jena-based Group will in future offer instruments for X-ray fluorescence spectroscopy, a method of determining the concentrations of elements in liquid and solid samples in cases where, unlike with other processes, the sample must not be destroyed for or during the analysis.
"With the products of our new partner, Techno-X, we are expanding our product portfolio with the addition of X-ray fluorescence equipment, which addresses what is a global growth market. The initial plan is to operate only on the Japanese market, where these products are already familiar," comments Klaus Berka, CEO of Analytik Jena AG. "Our goal is to achieve sales of EUR 1.5 to 2.0 million in the current financial year alone."
The Japanese company Techno-X was established in 2009 and employs 25 people. As part of the sales cooperation, Analytik Jena is fully incorporating the sales team of its new partner into the sales structures of its Japanese subsidiary.
"We hope to strengthen our market position in Japan by combining our partner’s technological expertise in the field of X-ray fluorescence spectroscopy with the sales skills of Analytik Jena. In the future, Techno-X will be able to dedicate greater focus to research and development," continues Berka.
X-ray fluorescence spectrometers are used by Techno-X for such applications as on-site analysis — for example, in the field of petrochemistry to analyze sulfur and chlorine — or in food inspection laboratories for analyzing the cadmium content of rice, for instance. In X-ray fluorescence spectroscopy, the samples are exposed to practically non-destructive X-rays, which means that the sample can be analyzed both qualitatively and quantitatively in terms of its chemical composition.
Analytik Jena AG closed the third quarter 2013/2014 below expectations. After nine months in the financial year 2013/2014, the Thuringian manufacturer of analytical measuring technology, life science instruments and optoelectronics generated consolidated revenue of EUR 89.7 m (previous year ... more
Analytik Jena AG announced that it has signed a binding agreement to acquire the ICP-MS business of Bruker Corporation. The transaction is expected to close in September 2014. With this acquisition, Analytik Jena AG will enter the rapidly growing global ICP-MS (Inductively Coupled Plasma Ma ... more
mercur is a compact system specially optimized for the complete, cost-efficient determination of mercury traces down to the ng level more
The contrAA® series of Analytik Jena exceeds the performance of conventional AA spectrometers in all parameters more
In 2013, Analytik Jena celebrates the 50th anniversary of SPECORD®. Right on time for this event, the company has launched the new SPECORD 50 PLUS more
- 1Analytik Jena AG Signs Agreement to Acquire Bruker's ICP-MS Business
- 2Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 3Food analysis and diagnostics are hot topics at analytica China 2014
- 4The shadow of a disease
- 5Analytik Jena Closed Third Quarter Below Expectations
- 6SGS appoints new Chief Financial Officer
- 7Faster, cheaper tests for sickle cell
- 8SCHOTT Is Now a Stock Corporation
- 9Malvern Instruments completes acquisitions
- 10Genomic sequencing reveals mutations, insights into 2014 Ebola outbreak
- Analytik Jena Closes Acquisition of Bruker's ICP-MS Business and Begins Inte ...
- Food analysis and diagnostics are hot topics at analytica China 2014
- Messe München International takes over one of India's leading trade fairs fo ...
- A new ISO 9001:2008 for Altmann Analytik by TÜV Süd
- DKSH exclusively distributes Postnova Analytics’ Field-Flow Fractionation sy ...