The Endress+Hauser Group aims for the complete takeover of German company Analytik Jena AG. The Group is also interested in buying shares. "We are still prepared to acquire shares at a reasonable price,” announced Dr Heiner Zehntner, Legal Counsel and member of the Executive Board of the En ... more
Partnership in Japan: Analytik Jena Adds X-ray Fluorescence Spectroscopy to its Product Portfolio
Analytik Jena AG is expanding its product range in Japan, the world’s third-largest market for analytical measurement technology. As part of a sales partnership with Japanese company Techno-X, the Japanese subsidiary of the Jena-based Group will in future offer instruments for X-ray fluorescence spectroscopy, a method of determining the concentrations of elements in liquid and solid samples in cases where, unlike with other processes, the sample must not be destroyed for or during the analysis.
"With the products of our new partner, Techno-X, we are expanding our product portfolio with the addition of X-ray fluorescence equipment, which addresses what is a global growth market. The initial plan is to operate only on the Japanese market, where these products are already familiar," comments Klaus Berka, CEO of Analytik Jena AG. "Our goal is to achieve sales of EUR 1.5 to 2.0 million in the current financial year alone."
The Japanese company Techno-X was established in 2009 and employs 25 people. As part of the sales cooperation, Analytik Jena is fully incorporating the sales team of its new partner into the sales structures of its Japanese subsidiary.
"We hope to strengthen our market position in Japan by combining our partner’s technological expertise in the field of X-ray fluorescence spectroscopy with the sales skills of Analytik Jena. In the future, Techno-X will be able to dedicate greater focus to research and development," continues Berka.
X-ray fluorescence spectrometers are used by Techno-X for such applications as on-site analysis — for example, in the field of petrochemistry to analyze sulfur and chlorine — or in food inspection laboratories for analyzing the cadmium content of rice, for instance. In X-ray fluorescence spectroscopy, the samples are exposed to practically non-destructive X-rays, which means that the sample can be analyzed both qualitatively and quantitatively in terms of its chemical composition.
Analytik Jena AG has started the 2015 financial year with significantly increased order entries totaling EUR 32.1 m (previous year: EUR 25.4 m) and a profit of EUR 0.7 m (previous year: EUR -1.5 m) for the period ending on March 31, 2015. This positive result in the period under review was ... more
Analytik Jena AG has purchased the entire rented and owner-occupied real estate complex at their corporate headquarters in Jena. The real estate in the Jena-Göschwitz industrial estate comprises multiple modern new-builds as well as a renovated old building from the former Carl Zeiss Jena c ... more
The PlasmaQuant® MS series offers two high-performance models with lowest operating cost. At the heart of the PlasmaQuant® MS is the patented ReflexION, 90° reflecting ion optics providing industry-leading sensitivity for lowest detection limits more
The PME free-circulating DNA Kit-IPC16 is based on a new, patent-pending technology called PME – Polymer Mediated Enrichment. more
The Life Science catalog “Products & Applications” by Analytik Jena offers the complete solution for lab work: kits, reagents, instruments, and more more
- 1How Natural Channel Proteins Move in Artificial Membranes
- 2Merck’s Acquisition of Sigma-Aldrich Receives Clearance from EU Regulators
- 3Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 4New composite material as CO2 sensor
- 5Thousands of Droplets for Diagnostics
- 6'Green chemistry' to quantify the components of cosmetics
- 7Pall Corporation Acquires BioSMB Technology from Tarpon Biosystems
- 8Waters Corporation Announces Christopher J. O'Connell as Chief Executive Officer
- 9Eurofins signs an exclusive agreement to acquire the Biomnis Group
- 10Abbott enters into agreement with Inpeco to expand laboratory automation capabilites
- Eurofins signs an exclusive agreement to acquire the Biomnis Group
- Merck’s Acquisition of Sigma-Aldrich Receives Clearance from EU Regulators
- CHEMIE.DE’s 15th anniversary: from a university project to a specialist for ...
- BioTek Expands in the United Kingdom
- Eurofins acquires Diatherix Laboratories, Inc.