Eurofins Scientific announces the signing of an agreement to acquire Villapharma Research SL (“Villapharma”) in Spain. The transaction is expected to close in February 2017, upon fulfilment of customary closing conditions. Villapharma provides organic synthesis and medicinal chemistry servi ... more
Eurofins announces successful closing of the transaction for a majority stake in IPL SED Nord and IPL Invest
Eurofins Scientific announces the successful closing of the transaction for a 67% majority stake in each of the two subsidiaries of the Fondation Institut Pasteur de Lille (IPL), namely IPL Invest and IPL Santé Environnement Durable Nord (IPL SED Nord), on the 31st of October, 2011.
As previously communicated, the IPL SED Group is the leader in the French water testing market, and generates combined annual revenues of approximately EUR 45m. The transaction therefore reinforces Eurofins’ position as the leading service provider in the French environmental testing market. Both groups have already commenced planning a commercial and technical cooperation to combine their expertise in environmental analysis in anticipation of the integration.
As part of the agreement, no further details of the transaction will be disclosed.
- Institut Pasteur
- environmental testing
Eurofins Scientific announces the acquisition of Megalab SA (“Megalab”), one of the top five clinical diagnostic laboratory groups in Spain, for approximately EUR 40m. Headquartered in Madrid, where the central laboratory is based, Megalab operates 83 sites, of which 35 are located in priva ... more
Viracor-IBT Laboratories Inc. (Viracor-IBT), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Eurofins Scientific (EUFI.PA), announced that it received Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for its Zika Virus Real-time RT-PCR assay. Viracor-IBT will perform this ass ... more
- 1Bacterial protein structure could aid development of new antibiotics
- 2China develops world's brightest VUV free electron laser research facility
- 3Merck opens production facility exclusively for meglumine in Spain
- 4'5-D protein fingerprinting' could give insights into Alzheimer's, Parkinson's
- 5Crybaby: The vitamins in your tears
- 6The computer as microscope
- 7'Mysterious' non-protein-coding RNAs play important roles in gene expression
- 8Nanoscale view of energy storage
- 9World's first total-body PET scanner takes a big step forward
- Eurofins acquisitions in Spain and Brazil
- Brain cells divide the work to recognize bodies
- Biocartis and Fast-track diagnostics sign strategic collaboration in infectious diseases
- Belgian Start-up UgenTec Receives Funding from European Investors
- Bio-marker set forms the basis for new blood test to detect colorectal cancer