Eurofins Scientific announces the acquisition of Megalab SA (“Megalab”), one of the top five clinical diagnostic laboratory groups in Spain, for approximately EUR 40m. Headquartered in Madrid, where the central laboratory is based, Megalab operates 83 sites, of which 35 are located in priva ... more
Eurofins announces successful closing of the transaction for a majority stake in IPL SED Nord and IPL Invest
Eurofins Scientific announces the successful closing of the transaction for a 67% majority stake in each of the two subsidiaries of the Fondation Institut Pasteur de Lille (IPL), namely IPL Invest and IPL Santé Environnement Durable Nord (IPL SED Nord), on the 31st of October, 2011.
As previously communicated, the IPL SED Group is the leader in the French water testing market, and generates combined annual revenues of approximately EUR 45m. The transaction therefore reinforces Eurofins’ position as the leading service provider in the French environmental testing market. Both groups have already commenced planning a commercial and technical cooperation to combine their expertise in environmental analysis in anticipation of the integration.
As part of the agreement, no further details of the transaction will be disclosed.
- Institut Pasteur
- environmental testing
Viracor-IBT Laboratories Inc. (Viracor-IBT), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Eurofins Scientific (EUFI.PA), announced that it received Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for its Zika Virus Real-time RT-PCR assay. Viracor-IBT will perform this ass ... more
Eurofins Scientific announces the acquisition of NUA-Umweltanalytik GmbH ("NUA") and Water & Waste Gesellschaft für Umweltschutz und chemische Laboratorien GmbH ("Water & Waste"), two of the market leaders in environmental testing in Austria, and of Radonlab in Norway. NUA is one of the lea ... more
- 1Mysteries of enzyme mechanism revealed
- 2Breaking new territory analyzing DNA modifications in glioblastoma
- 3New method for analyzing crystal structure
- 4How good is the measurement method?
- 5ZEISS and EPFL begin long-term research collaboration
- 6Enough is enough
- 7A new record at BESSY II: ten million ions in an ion trap cooled for the first time to 7.4 K
- Brain cells divide the work to recognize bodies
- Biocartis and Fast-track diagnostics sign strategic collaboration in infectious diseases
- Belgian Start-up UgenTec Receives Funding from European Investors
- Bio-marker set forms the basis for new blood test to detect colorectal cancer
- MDxHealth's ConfirmMDx Genes Detect Clinically Significant Prostate Cancer