QIAGEN N.V. announced the acquisition of the Enzyme Solutions Unit of Enzymatics, a world leader in the development, manufacturing, and OEM supply of enzymes essential to driving the adoption of Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) and other genetic analysis technologies in life sciences resear ... more
QIAGEN makes proposal to fully acquire Ipsogen
QIAGEN N.V. has made an offer and entered into exclusive negotiations to purchase a 47% initial stake in Ipsogen S.A. and subsequently make a public offer to fully acquire a global leader in molecular profiling and personalized healthcare diagnostics for a broad range of hematological (blood) cancers.
The acquisition of Ipsogen, a publicly listed company founded in 1999 and based in Marseilles, France, would provide QIAGEN access to a broad range of assays covering 15 biomarkers used worldwide for the diagnosis, prognosis and monitoring of patients with various blood cancers. Many of these assays also are used as companion diagnostics in personalized healthcare to make and guide treatment decisions.
Almost all of Ipsogen’s assays have CE-IVD Marking in Europe and can be used on QIAGEN’s Rotor-Gene Q real-time PCR system, which will enable the smooth and rapid transfer of these unique products onto QIAGEN’s QIAsymphony RGQ, a novel integrated sample-to-result laboratory automation platform that includes the Rotor-Gene Q system.
“The acquisition of Ipsogen would further expand our global leadership in molecular assays for profiling and personalized healthcare,” said Peer Schatz, Chief Executive Officer of QIAGEN N.V. “Ipsogen’s molecular cancer profiling and personalized healthcare assays are clearly setting standards for the diagnosis and monitoring of many types of blood cancers as well as the selection and guidance of therapies. This portfolio would further increase our leading position in profiling assays, as well as in companion diagnostics for personalized healthcare, helping to improve the treatment of many diseases and addressing unmet medical needs.”
Ipsogen, which has approximately 70 employees at sites in France and the United States, reported 24% net sales growth in 2010 to €8.4 million (approximately $11 million) from a group of more than 400 active customers around the world. More than 40% of net sales were reinvested during 2010 into R&D activities.
All three managing cofounders – Vincent Fert (Chief Executive Officer), Stéphane Debono (Chief Operating Officer) and Fabienne Hermitte (R&D and Regulatory Affairs Senior Director) – are expected to stay with QIAGEN following the acquisition and contribute to the combined future mission.
- blood cancer
QIAGEN N.V. announced a master collaboration agreement with Astellas Pharma Inc. to develop and commercialize companion diagnostics paired with Astellas drugs for use in cancer and other diseases. The scope of the agreement is not restricted to certain sample types, platforms, indications ... more
QIAGEN N.V. announced it has acquired an exclusive global license to the biomarker SF3B1 from the University of Tokyo. SF3B1 is believed to play a critical role in the prognosis of patients with myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS), a group of hematological cancers in which bone marrow does not ... more
QIAGEN N.V. has made an offer and entered into exclusive negotiations to purchase a 47% initial stake in Ipsogen S.A. and subsequently make a public offer to fully acquire a global leader in molecular profiling and personalized healthcare diagnostics for a broad range of hematological (blo ... more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Asphaltene analysis takes a giant step
- 3Fluorescence spectroscopy using a smartphone
- 4MDxHealth's ConfirmMDx Genes Detect Clinically Significant Prostate Cancer
- 5Foundation of LAUDA Scientific GmbH as an independent company for measuring instruments
- 6Anton Paar GmbH acquires Measuring Technology Company in Hanover
- 7Determining recipes for some of the world's oldest preserved beers
- 8Live broadcast from inside the nerve cell
- 9SCHOTT Is Now a Stock Corporation
- 10Bruker Daltonics Appoints Michael Schubert as Executive Vice President and Ian Sanders as Vice President
- Philips enters into collaboration with Janssen to develop new handheld blood test
- GENALICE and Knome form strategic partnership to empower rapid NGS data interpretation
- Spinnovation Analytical receives GMP certification for testing drug substances and drug products
- Prosensa Wins Scrip ‘Biotech Company of the Year’ 2014 Award
- GENALICE and deCODE Genetics enter into a partnership for population wide genomic analysis