QIAGEN N.V. announced that it has expanded its relationship with BG to provide QIAGEN’s Ingenuity® Variant Analysis™ in integrated bioinformatics for all customers of BGI’s sequencing services. Under the reseller agreement, BGI customers will receive sequencing data generated from their sam ... more
QIAGEN makes proposal to fully acquire Ipsogen
QIAGEN N.V. has made an offer and entered into exclusive negotiations to purchase a 47% initial stake in Ipsogen S.A. and subsequently make a public offer to fully acquire a global leader in molecular profiling and personalized healthcare diagnostics for a broad range of hematological (blood) cancers.
The acquisition of Ipsogen, a publicly listed company founded in 1999 and based in Marseilles, France, would provide QIAGEN access to a broad range of assays covering 15 biomarkers used worldwide for the diagnosis, prognosis and monitoring of patients with various blood cancers. Many of these assays also are used as companion diagnostics in personalized healthcare to make and guide treatment decisions.
Almost all of Ipsogen’s assays have CE-IVD Marking in Europe and can be used on QIAGEN’s Rotor-Gene Q real-time PCR system, which will enable the smooth and rapid transfer of these unique products onto QIAGEN’s QIAsymphony RGQ, a novel integrated sample-to-result laboratory automation platform that includes the Rotor-Gene Q system.
“The acquisition of Ipsogen would further expand our global leadership in molecular assays for profiling and personalized healthcare,” said Peer Schatz, Chief Executive Officer of QIAGEN N.V. “Ipsogen’s molecular cancer profiling and personalized healthcare assays are clearly setting standards for the diagnosis and monitoring of many types of blood cancers as well as the selection and guidance of therapies. This portfolio would further increase our leading position in profiling assays, as well as in companion diagnostics for personalized healthcare, helping to improve the treatment of many diseases and addressing unmet medical needs.”
Ipsogen, which has approximately 70 employees at sites in France and the United States, reported 24% net sales growth in 2010 to €8.4 million (approximately $11 million) from a group of more than 400 active customers around the world. More than 40% of net sales were reinvested during 2010 into R&D activities.
All three managing cofounders – Vincent Fert (Chief Executive Officer), Stéphane Debono (Chief Operating Officer) and Fabienne Hermitte (R&D and Regulatory Affairs Senior Director) – are expected to stay with QIAGEN following the acquisition and contribute to the combined future mission.
- blood cancer
QIAGEN N.V. announced the acquisition of the Enzyme Solutions Unit of Enzymatics, a world leader in the development, manufacturing, and OEM supply of enzymes essential to driving the adoption of Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) and other genetic analysis technologies in life sciences resear ... more
QIAGEN N.V. announced a master collaboration agreement with Astellas Pharma Inc. to develop and commercialize companion diagnostics paired with Astellas drugs for use in cancer and other diseases. The scope of the agreement is not restricted to certain sample types, platforms, indications ... more
QIAGEN N.V. has made an offer and entered into exclusive negotiations to purchase a 47% initial stake in Ipsogen S.A. and subsequently make a public offer to fully acquire a global leader in molecular profiling and personalized healthcare diagnostics for a broad range of hematological (blo ... more
- 1How Natural Channel Proteins Move in Artificial Membranes
- 2Merck’s Acquisition of Sigma-Aldrich Receives Clearance from EU Regulators
- 3Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 4New composite material as CO2 sensor
- 5Thousands of Droplets for Diagnostics
- 6Pall Corporation Acquires BioSMB Technology from Tarpon Biosystems
- 7'Green chemistry' to quantify the components of cosmetics
- 8Waters Corporation Announces Christopher J. O'Connell as Chief Executive Officer
- 9Eurofins signs an exclusive agreement to acquire the Biomnis Group
- 10LIMS/LIS Market and POCT Supplement
- Eurofins signs an exclusive agreement to acquire the Biomnis Group
- Merck’s Acquisition of Sigma-Aldrich Receives Clearance from EU Regulators
- CHEMIE.DE’s 15th anniversary: from a university project to a specialist for ...
- BioTek Expands in the United Kingdom
- Eurofins acquires Diatherix Laboratories, Inc.
- Bluebee raises €1.75 million to bring supercomputing to genomics
- Philips enters into collaboration with Janssen to develop new handheld blood test
- GENALICE and Knome form strategic partnership to empower rapid NGS data interpretation
- Spinnovation Analytical receives GMP certification for testing drug substances and drug products
- Prosensa Wins Scrip ‘Biotech Company of the Year’ 2014 Award