Eurofins Scientific announced that it has signed an exclusive agreement with Financière Bio Alfras SAS to acquire the Biomnis Group for approximately EUR 220m. The contemplated transaction is expected to be completed over the summer, subject to customary closing conditions including regulat ... more
Eurofins signs agreement to acquire Lancaster Laboratories, Inc.
Eurofins Scientific SE has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Lancaster Laboratories, Inc. from Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. for approximately US$200m, subject to post-closing adjustments.
With approximately 1,100 employees in the USA and Ireland, Lancaster is a leading provider of pharmaceutical product testing services and cGMP Quality Control (QC) in North America. In addition, it operates one of the leading environmental testing laboratories in the USA.
With this bolt on acquisition, the Eurofins Group becomes the global leader in this very stable and recurring business and significantly enlarges its North American footprint. It is a further expression of Eurofins’ commitment to serve the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries with laboratory services of the highest quality and reliability.
Completion of the transaction is expected in the next 2-3 months and is subject to applicable regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. Implied EV/EBITDA multiple is in-line with levels previously communicated for transactions of this size and Eurofins’ value-creation objectives. Given that Lancaster is already a single-site laboratory in the USA, no site consolidations or restructuring costs are foreseen as a result of this acquisition. Based on Lancaster’s historic profitability and budget for 2011, the transaction should be immediately margin and EPS accretive for Eurofins.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- laboratory services
Eurofins Scientific announces that it has signed an agreement to acquire Diatherix Laboratories, Inc. for approximately US$ 50m, plus an earn-out upon achievement of pre-defined revenue and profitability targets. Completion of the transaction is expected in the next 30 days and is subject ... more
Eurofins Scientific announced that it has signed an agreement to acquire a 65% majority stake in Sắc Ký Hải Đăng (EDC-HD), a private laboratory in Vietnam for the analyses of food and agricultural products, as well as for environmental testing. EDC-HD employs over 100 staff at its main faci ... more
Eurofins Scientific SE announced the successful closing of the transaction to acquire 100% of Lancaster Laboratories, Inc. (Lancaster, PA, USA), following thorough review and consequent approval from all relevant regulatory bodies. Eurofins signed an agreement to acquire Lancaster from Ther ... more
Eurofins Scientific SE has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Lancaster Laboratories, Inc. from Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. for approximately US$200m, subject to post-closing adjustments. With approximately 1,100 employees in the USA and Ireland, Lancaster is a leading provider ... more
To answer the healthcare industry’s demand for better point-of-care (POC) diagnostics, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. and Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. have formed a strategic collaboration. The companies will jointly design, develop and market new POC solutions in key applications, such as ... more
Thermo Fisher Scientific has developed a fast and robust ion chromatography (IC)-based method for the determination of chloride and sulfate in adenosine. Application Note 1075: Ion Chromatography Assay for Chloride and Sulfate in Adenosine demonstrates that this method supports high sample ... more
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. announced it has completed the acquisition of Prionics AG, a privately held animal health diagnostics company. “Combining Prionics under the Life Technologies’ brand is certainly a win-win, since the products and capabilities are highly complementary,” said Dr. ... more
Maximize results and reduce errors in food analysis with proven ASE methods for more extractions in less time using less solvent more
Developed for flexibility, modularity, and ease-of-use, the Dionex ICS-5000+ HPIC system combines highest chromatographic resolution with convenience more
Separating complex samples just got a lot easier with the integrated, biocompatible Vanquish UHPLC for better separations, more results and easier interaction more
The new Chromeleon 7.2 CDS release is the first CDS that combines separation (GC/IC/LC) and Mass Spectrometry (MS) in an enterprise environment more
Organizations have made significant investments in enterprise and laboratory tools, technologies and solutions to help improve productivity, better manage data/information and optimize their business processes. However, the reality is that most companies have not reaped the return on inves ... more
- 1How Natural Channel Proteins Move in Artificial Membranes
- 2Merck’s Acquisition of Sigma-Aldrich Receives Clearance from EU Regulators
- 3Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 4New composite material as CO2 sensor
- 5Thousands of Droplets for Diagnostics
- 6Pall Corporation Acquires BioSMB Technology from Tarpon Biosystems
- 7'Green chemistry' to quantify the components of cosmetics
- 8Waters Corporation Announces Christopher J. O'Connell as Chief Executive Officer
- 9Eurofins signs an exclusive agreement to acquire the Biomnis Group
- 10LIMS/LIS Market and POCT Supplement
- Eurofins signs an exclusive agreement to acquire the Biomnis Group
- Merck’s Acquisition of Sigma-Aldrich Receives Clearance from EU Regulators
- CHEMIE.DE’s 15th anniversary: from a university project to a specialist for ...
- BioTek Expands in the United Kingdom
- Eurofins acquires Diatherix Laboratories, Inc.
- X-rays and electrons join forces to map catalytic reactions in real-time
- Waters Corporation Announces Christopher J. O'Connell as Chief Executive Officer
- Fabricating inexpensive, high-temp SQUIDs for future electronic devices
- Gender inequality in scientific professions
- Nanomaterial self-assembly imaged in real time