Eurofins Scientific has signed a definitive agreement to acquire ViraCor-IBT Laboratories, Inc. from majority owner Ampersand Capital and other shareholders for approximately $255m, subject to post-closing adjustments. Comment from Dr. Gilles Martin, Eurofins CEO: “This acquisition reflects ... more
Eurofins signs agreement to acquire Lancaster Laboratories, Inc.
28-02-2011: Eurofins Scientific SE has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Lancaster Laboratories, Inc. from Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. for approximately US$200m, subject to post-closing adjustments.
With approximately 1,100 employees in the USA and Ireland, Lancaster is a leading provider of pharmaceutical product testing services and cGMP Quality Control (QC) in North America. In addition, it operates one of the leading environmental testing laboratories in the USA.
With this bolt on acquisition, the Eurofins Group becomes the global leader in this very stable and recurring business and significantly enlarges its North American footprint. It is a further expression of Eurofins’ commitment to serve the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries with laboratory services of the highest quality and reliability.
Completion of the transaction is expected in the next 2-3 months and is subject to applicable regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. Implied EV/EBITDA multiple is in-line with levels previously communicated for transactions of this size and Eurofins’ value-creation objectives. Given that Lancaster is already a single-site laboratory in the USA, no site consolidations or restructuring costs are foreseen as a result of this acquisition. Based on Lancaster’s historic profitability and budget for 2011, the transaction should be immediately margin and EPS accretive for Eurofins.
Eurofins Scientific announces that it has signed an agreement to acquire Calscience Environmental Laboratories, Inc. in the US. The transaction is expected to close no later than the 31st of May. Comment from Dr. Gilles Martin, Eurofins CEO: "The addition of Calscience into Eurofins' growin ... more
Eurofins Scientific announces the acquisition of the food and environmental testing laboratory of Maintpartner Group. Lasse Mäkelä, Managing Director for Eurofins Scientific, Finland:"The acquisition of the Kokkola laboratory reflects Maintpartner's confidence that Eurofins has the capabili ... more
Eurofins Scientific SE announced the successful closing of the transaction to acquire 100% of Lancaster Laboratories, Inc. (Lancaster, PA, USA), following thorough review and consequent approval from all relevant regulatory bodies. Eurofins signed an agreement to acquire Lancaster from Ther ... more
Eurofins Scientific SE has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Lancaster Laboratories, Inc. from Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. for approximately US$200m, subject to post-closing adjustments. With approximately 1,100 employees in the USA and Ireland, Lancaster is a leading provider ... more
Thermo Fisher Scientific has developed a fast and robust ion chromatography (IC)-based method for the determination of chloride and sulfate in adenosine. Application Note 1075: Ion Chromatography Assay for Chloride and Sulfate in Adenosine demonstrates that this method supports high sample ... more
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. announced it has completed the acquisition of Prionics AG, a privately held animal health diagnostics company. “Combining Prionics under the Life Technologies’ brand is certainly a win-win, since the products and capabilities are highly complementary,” said Dr. ... more
Thermo Fisher Scientific has developed an ion chromatography(IC)-based method for the accurate determination of ammonia in tobacco smoke. Ammonia is on the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) list of toxic compounds in tobacco smoke. Application Note 1054: Determination of Ammonia in ... more
ASE methods are established and accepted in the environmental, pharmaceutical, foods, polymer, and consumer products industries more
Organizations have made significant investments in enterprise and laboratory tools, technologies and solutions to help improve productivity, better manage data/information and optimize their business processes. However, the reality is that most companies have not reaped the return on inves ... more
- 1Nano-sized chip "sniffs out" explosives far better than trained dogs
- 2Malvern Instruments completes acquisitions
- 3Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 4Analytik Jena AG Signs Agreement to Acquire Bruker's ICP-MS Business
- 5Mettler Toledo installs Tunable Diode Lasers (TDLs) where no TDLs have gone before
- 6Synthesis of structurally pure carbon nanotubes using molecular seeds
- 7Analytik Jena Closed Third Quarter Below Expectations
- 8Malvern Instruments acquires assets of Reologica Instruments AB
- 9Bochem Increasingly Using New Media
- 10New material puts a twist in light
- Messe München International takes over one of India's leading trade fairs fo ...
- A new ISO 9001:2008 for Altmann Analytik by TÜV Süd
- DKSH exclusively distributes Postnova Analytics’ Field-Flow Fractionation sy ...
- Analytik Jena AG Signs Agreement to Acquire Bruker's ICP-MS Business
- Bochem Increasingly Using New Media
- No excess baggage: Antarctic insect's genome, newly sequenced, is smallest to date
- Tiny laser sensor heightens bomb detection sensitivity
- Rice nanophotonics experts create powerful molecular sensor
- 'Nanocamera' takes pictures at distances smaller than light's own wavelength
- NMR under pressure: Reproducing deep-Earth chemistry