Eurofins signs an agreement to acquire a majority stake in Nihon Kankyo
25-04-2012: Eurofins Scientific has signed an agreement to acquire a 52.6% majority stake in Nihon Kankyo K.K. (Nihon Environmental Services, on 31 March 2012. The transaction is expected to be completed this week.
Nihon Kankyo K.K. was founded almost 40 years ago and is based in the greater Tokyo area. It generated revenues of over EUR 20m in 2011 and employs around 250 employees across 2 large laboratories and in several satellite offices serving the entire domestic Japanese market.
The acquisition allows Eurofins to complete its service offering in Japan and complements its existing activities in food and pharmaceutical testing, as Nihon has started developing testing offering for food and other products. Furthermore Nihon is one of the few environmental testing service providers with Radio Active Material Analysis (RMA) capabilities in Japan, complementing Eurofins' state-of-the-art high throughput laboratory for RMA for food and water in Tokyo and its global network of RMA laboratories in China, France and Germany.
“Nihon Kankyo K.K. is an excellent strategic fit to Eurofins’ existing activities in Japan, and provides a solid entry into the established domestic environmental testing market. Furthermore, it significantly reinforces the Group’s growing presence in the Asia Pacific region”, says Dr. Gilles Martin, CEO of Eurofins Scientific.
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Almost as sensitive as a dog's nose
- 3Three-dimensional model of bacterium
- 4Raman keeps lipstick evidence in the bag
- 5Do you want to know how much caffeine is in your drink?
- 6Breakthrough in DNA editing technology
- 73D IR images now in full color
- 8PIAB announces new Chief Executive Officer
- 9‘Forensic fingers’ for crime scene investigation
- 10Raman pixel by pixel
- Merck Serono’s President has been appointed to Board of Directors of L’Oréal
- analytica Vietnam 2015: Vietnam's economy continues to grow
- Convincing performance by CHEMIE.DE at analytica 2014
- Analytik Jena planning merger by absorption of CyBio AG
- Merck Millipore and VWR Extend Western European Distribution Agreement