Eurofins signs an agreement to acquire a majority stake in Nihon Kankyo
25-04-2012: Eurofins Scientific has signed an agreement to acquire a 52.6% majority stake in Nihon Kankyo K.K. (Nihon Environmental Services, on 31 March 2012. The transaction is expected to be completed this week.
Nihon Kankyo K.K. was founded almost 40 years ago and is based in the greater Tokyo area. It generated revenues of over EUR 20m in 2011 and employs around 250 employees across 2 large laboratories and in several satellite offices serving the entire domestic Japanese market.
The acquisition allows Eurofins to complete its service offering in Japan and complements its existing activities in food and pharmaceutical testing, as Nihon has started developing testing offering for food and other products. Furthermore Nihon is one of the few environmental testing service providers with Radio Active Material Analysis (RMA) capabilities in Japan, complementing Eurofins' state-of-the-art high throughput laboratory for RMA for food and water in Tokyo and its global network of RMA laboratories in China, France and Germany.
“Nihon Kankyo K.K. is an excellent strategic fit to Eurofins’ existing activities in Japan, and provides a solid entry into the established domestic environmental testing market. Furthermore, it significantly reinforces the Group’s growing presence in the Asia Pacific region”, says Dr. Gilles Martin, CEO of Eurofins Scientific.
- 1The shadow of a disease
- 2Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 3Merck to Acquire Sigma-Aldrich to Enhance Position in Attractive Life Science Industry
- 4A Breakthrough in Electron Microscopy
- 5Bibby Scientific Ltd acquires PCRmax Ltd
- 6LGC rebrands reference standards
- 7Analytik Jena Closes Acquisition of Bruker's ICP-MS Business and Begins Integration Process
- 8Gilson announces the acquisition of Armen
- 9Merck Millipore and VWR Extend Western European Distribution Agreement
- 10LGC extends forensic and paternity DNA operations into Europe
- Innovative image sensing technology for early diagnosis of diabetes and Alzheimer’s disease
- Discovery of quantum vibrations in 'microtubules' corroborates theory of consciousness
- Shimadzu announces completion of new quality center
- Raman pixel by pixel
- A new future for an old crop: barley enters the genomics age