Eurofins signs an agreement to acquire a majority stake in Nihon Kankyo
25-04-2012: Eurofins Scientific has signed an agreement to acquire a 52.6% majority stake in Nihon Kankyo K.K. (Nihon Environmental Services, on 31 March 2012. The transaction is expected to be completed this week.
Nihon Kankyo K.K. was founded almost 40 years ago and is based in the greater Tokyo area. It generated revenues of over EUR 20m in 2011 and employs around 250 employees across 2 large laboratories and in several satellite offices serving the entire domestic Japanese market.
The acquisition allows Eurofins to complete its service offering in Japan and complements its existing activities in food and pharmaceutical testing, as Nihon has started developing testing offering for food and other products. Furthermore Nihon is one of the few environmental testing service providers with Radio Active Material Analysis (RMA) capabilities in Japan, complementing Eurofins' state-of-the-art high throughput laboratory for RMA for food and water in Tokyo and its global network of RMA laboratories in China, France and Germany.
“Nihon Kankyo K.K. is an excellent strategic fit to Eurofins’ existing activities in Japan, and provides a solid entry into the established domestic environmental testing market. Furthermore, it significantly reinforces the Group’s growing presence in the Asia Pacific region”, says Dr. Gilles Martin, CEO of Eurofins Scientific.
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Thermo Fisher Scientific and Samsung Electronics to Collaborate on Point-of-Care Diagnostic Solutions
- 3QIAGEN makes proposal to fully acquire Ipsogen
- 4LGC rebrands reference standards
- 5Renishaw receives Queen's Award for spectroscopy developments
- 6Expansion of the WALDNER Group
- 7LIMS/LIS Market and POCT Supplement
- 8Armen Instrument sold its Flash Chromatography branch of activity to Interchim
- 9The shadow of a disease
- 10Dr. Marc Stricker appointed new Managing Director at LAUDA
- Innovative image sensing technology for early diagnosis of diabetes and Alzheimer’s disease
- Discovery of quantum vibrations in 'microtubules' corroborates theory of consciousness
- Shimadzu announces completion of new quality center
- Raman pixel by pixel
- A new future for an old crop: barley enters the genomics age