Eurofins Scientific announces that it has acquired the analytical laboratory business of Ramboll Group (“Ramboll”) in Finland comprising 5 laboratories specialized in environment testing. Ramboll has built a clear market leadership in Finland throughout its 100-year history, offering the wi ... more
Eurofins signs an agreement to acquire a majority stake in Nihon Kankyo
Eurofins Scientific has signed an agreement to acquire a 52.6% majority stake in Nihon Kankyo K.K. (Nihon Environmental Services, on 31 March 2012. The transaction is expected to be completed this week.
Nihon Kankyo K.K. was founded almost 40 years ago and is based in the greater Tokyo area. It generated revenues of over EUR 20m in 2011 and employs around 250 employees across 2 large laboratories and in several satellite offices serving the entire domestic Japanese market.
The acquisition allows Eurofins to complete its service offering in Japan and complements its existing activities in food and pharmaceutical testing, as Nihon has started developing testing offering for food and other products. Furthermore Nihon is one of the few environmental testing service providers with Radio Active Material Analysis (RMA) capabilities in Japan, complementing Eurofins' state-of-the-art high throughput laboratory for RMA for food and water in Tokyo and its global network of RMA laboratories in China, France and Germany.
“Nihon Kankyo K.K. is an excellent strategic fit to Eurofins’ existing activities in Japan, and provides a solid entry into the established domestic environmental testing market. Furthermore, it significantly reinforces the Group’s growing presence in the Asia Pacific region”, says Dr. Gilles Martin, CEO of Eurofins Scientific.
- laboratory services
Eurofins Scientific announces that it has acquired VBM Laboratoriet A/S, a laboratories for testing for the environment and construction materials sectors in Denmark. Founded in 1985, VBM has developed into one of the top three environment testing laboratories in the country, with a strong ... more
Eurofins Scientific announces the signing of an agreement to acquire Villapharma Research SL (“Villapharma”) in Spain. The transaction is expected to close in February 2017, upon fulfilment of customary closing conditions. Villapharma provides organic synthesis and medicinal chemistry servi ... more
- 1House-warming of the new Elementar headquarters
- 2Mystery of colloidal chains solved
- 3Insight into enzyme's 3-D structure could cut biofuel costs
- 4Sensors detect disease markers in breath
- 5X-rays from copper source set new gold standard for measuring industrial materials
- 6A key to metastasis
- 7The stickiness of molecules
- 8Memory insight may prove beneficial for those with brain damage
- House-warming of the new Elementar headquarters
- Recognized for Excellence in China: Analytik Jena Fares Well at a Trade Conf ...
- Bruker acquires light sheet microscopy company Luxendo
- DKSH extends partnership with LAUDA to Singapore and Taiwan
- PerkinElmer completes sale of medical imaging business to Varex Imaging