Eurofins Scientific announces that it has signed an agreement to acquire the Forensics and Security division of LGC (“LGC Forensics”), the largest player in the UK forensics market, a European pioneer in this field and a significant forensic DNA testing provider in Germany, from LGC Group. ... more
Eurofins signs an agreement to acquire a majority stake in Nihon Kankyo
Eurofins Scientific has signed an agreement to acquire a 52.6% majority stake in Nihon Kankyo K.K. (Nihon Environmental Services, on 31 March 2012. The transaction is expected to be completed this week.
Nihon Kankyo K.K. was founded almost 40 years ago and is based in the greater Tokyo area. It generated revenues of over EUR 20m in 2011 and employs around 250 employees across 2 large laboratories and in several satellite offices serving the entire domestic Japanese market.
The acquisition allows Eurofins to complete its service offering in Japan and complements its existing activities in food and pharmaceutical testing, as Nihon has started developing testing offering for food and other products. Furthermore Nihon is one of the few environmental testing service providers with Radio Active Material Analysis (RMA) capabilities in Japan, complementing Eurofins' state-of-the-art high throughput laboratory for RMA for food and water in Tokyo and its global network of RMA laboratories in China, France and Germany.
“Nihon Kankyo K.K. is an excellent strategic fit to Eurofins’ existing activities in Japan, and provides a solid entry into the established domestic environmental testing market. Furthermore, it significantly reinforces the Group’s growing presence in the Asia Pacific region”, says Dr. Gilles Martin, CEO of Eurofins Scientific.
- laboratory services
Eurofins Scientific announces that it has signed an agreement to acquire EAG Laboratories, a scientific services company providing analytical testing and consulting solutions to a diverse and demanding set of end markets, from Odyssey Investment Partners. The transaction is expected to clos ... more
Eurofins Scientific announces that it has signed an exclusive agreement with Tata Group to acquire Advinus Therapeutics, a preclinical and clinical phase contract research company for Safety Assessment, DMPK, CMC services, and Analytical R&D Services. The transaction is expected to close in ... more
- 1Eurofins acquires LGC Forensics
- 2Mechanism involved in novel drug design with potential to treat tuberculosis
- 3New antibiotic resistance genes found
- 4Nanoscale virus features reconstructed from correlations of scattered X-rays
- 5Eurofins acquires food testing laboratory Institut Nehring
- 6Major breakthrough identifies new mechanism for the development of schizophrenia
- 7A detailed look at 2-D structure of turbulence in tokamaks
- 8Successful online marketing right from the start
- 9Pioneering discovery of an odor-detecting receptor enhancer
- 10Bacteria self-organize to build working sensors