Eurofins signs an agreement to acquire a majority stake in Nihon Kankyo
25-04-2012: Eurofins Scientific has signed an agreement to acquire a 52.6% majority stake in Nihon Kankyo K.K. (Nihon Environmental Services, on 31 March 2012. The transaction is expected to be completed this week.
Nihon Kankyo K.K. was founded almost 40 years ago and is based in the greater Tokyo area. It generated revenues of over EUR 20m in 2011 and employs around 250 employees across 2 large laboratories and in several satellite offices serving the entire domestic Japanese market.
The acquisition allows Eurofins to complete its service offering in Japan and complements its existing activities in food and pharmaceutical testing, as Nihon has started developing testing offering for food and other products. Furthermore Nihon is one of the few environmental testing service providers with Radio Active Material Analysis (RMA) capabilities in Japan, complementing Eurofins' state-of-the-art high throughput laboratory for RMA for food and water in Tokyo and its global network of RMA laboratories in China, France and Germany.
“Nihon Kankyo K.K. is an excellent strategic fit to Eurofins’ existing activities in Japan, and provides a solid entry into the established domestic environmental testing market. Furthermore, it significantly reinforces the Group’s growing presence in the Asia Pacific region”, says Dr. Gilles Martin, CEO of Eurofins Scientific.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2Fast new, 1-step genetic engineering technology
- 3Analytik Jena receives major order for diagnostic detection systems from Pakistan
- 4Fluorescence spectroscopy using a smartphone
- 5Molecular switch for cheaper biofuel
- 6Genzyme Launches New Diagnostic Test for Common Blood Cancer
- 7Malvern Instruments announces global agreement with Proveris Scientific
- 8Thermo Fisher Scientific Scientist Dr. Alexander Makarov Receives Inaugural HUPO Science and Technology Award
- 9LIMS/LIS Market and POCT Supplement
- 10PIAB announces new Chief Executive Officer
- History of analytical measuring technology in Jena
- ZEISS to acquire Xradia to complement its microscopy business
- Novasep appoints Udo Steinhauer as fine chemicals market director
- Merck’s credit rating raised by Standard & Poor’s to ‘A’
- Analytik Jena receives major order for diagnostic detection systems from Pak ...
- A new future for an old crop: barley enters the genomics age
- The guide to biomolecular movie-making
- Tokyo Institute of Technology research: Towards medical treatments using cell level control
- Search for Element 113 Concluded at Last
- Netzsch Acquires Bruker’s Thermal Analysis Instruments Business in Japan