Eurofins Scientific announced that it has signed an agreement to acquire a 65% majority stake in Sắc Ký Hải Đăng (EDC-HD), a private laboratory in Vietnam for the analyses of food and agricultural products, as well as for environmental testing. EDC-HD employs over 100 staff at its main faci ... more
Eurofins signs an agreement to acquire a majority stake in Nihon Kankyo
Eurofins Scientific has signed an agreement to acquire a 52.6% majority stake in Nihon Kankyo K.K. (Nihon Environmental Services, on 31 March 2012. The transaction is expected to be completed this week.
Nihon Kankyo K.K. was founded almost 40 years ago and is based in the greater Tokyo area. It generated revenues of over EUR 20m in 2011 and employs around 250 employees across 2 large laboratories and in several satellite offices serving the entire domestic Japanese market.
The acquisition allows Eurofins to complete its service offering in Japan and complements its existing activities in food and pharmaceutical testing, as Nihon has started developing testing offering for food and other products. Furthermore Nihon is one of the few environmental testing service providers with Radio Active Material Analysis (RMA) capabilities in Japan, complementing Eurofins' state-of-the-art high throughput laboratory for RMA for food and water in Tokyo and its global network of RMA laboratories in China, France and Germany.
“Nihon Kankyo K.K. is an excellent strategic fit to Eurofins’ existing activities in Japan, and provides a solid entry into the established domestic environmental testing market. Furthermore, it significantly reinforces the Group’s growing presence in the Asia Pacific region”, says Dr. Gilles Martin, CEO of Eurofins Scientific.
Eurofins Scientific announced that it has signed an agreement to acquire Experchem Laboratories, Inc. (Experchem), a comprehensive analytical testing service provider, with competence in nutraceuticals testing. The transaction is expected to close in 30 days subject to customary closing con ... more
Eurofins Scientific announces the acquisition of BioDiagnostics Inc. (BDI), seed and plant-tissue testing laboratories serving the agricultural industry in the US.Founded in 1996, BDI employs 120 staff at its laboratory in River Falls, WI. BDI offers genetic, seed quality, as well as analyt ... more
- 1Schleicher & Schuell has been purchased by Whatman plc
- 2VWR Acquires Hichrom Limited
- 3Endress+Hauser Set for Complete Acquisition of Analytik Jena
- 4Pall Corporation Acquires BioSMB Technology from Tarpon Biosystems
- 5Scientists X-ray chocolate
- 6Agilent Technologies and Scion Instruments Agree to Enable Each Other’s Instruments in Their Chromatography Data Systems
- 7Inspecting water quality with Raman spectroscopy
- 8Mummified bodies reveal how tuberculosis ravaged the heart of 18th century Europe
- 9Extensive Proteomics Research Strengthens the Uptake for Protein Purification Kits in Europe
- 10Eurofins signs agreement to acquire Experchem Laboratories, Inc.
- Eurofins expands Asia Pacific footprint with the acquisition of Sắc Ký Hải Đ ...
- Endress+Hauser Set for Complete Acquisition of Analytik Jena
- Eurofins signs agreement to acquire Experchem Laboratories, Inc.
- VWR Acquires Hichrom Limited
- SYGNIS signs non-exclusive distribution agreement with Cambridge Bioscience ...
- Nano-policing pollution
- Decoding DNA's phonebook
- Rapid and efficient DNA chip technology for testing 14 major types of food borne pathogens
- Innovative image sensing technology for early diagnosis of diabetes and Alzheimer’s disease
- Discovery of quantum vibrations in 'microtubules' corroborates theory of consciousness