This report describes the analysis of aqueous solutions by ICP-OES with Dual Side-On Inter-face plasma observation. more
Which ICP-OES Optical Technology Offers Superior Performance: Echelle or ORCA?
Schematic of a typical echelle system
Plasma, radial view
ORCA captures the entire spectrum
ORCA-based systems display a constant resolution over a wide wavelength range
The heart of any ICP-OES instrument is the optical system. So it’s important
that scientists, lab managers, and other users understand some salient facts
about a very critical component of these instruments. This knowledge will help
users choose the best spectrometer for their laboratory.
This paper explains the fundamental differences between the two leading optical designs and discusses how each technology deals with technical challenges such as light loss, stray light, spectral order overlaps, and others.
The paper also explains how each can potentially affect the outcome of various analyses. Application examples and analytical results are included.
Learn how you can perform different petrochemical analyses quickly, accurately and cost-effectively with just one calibration more
This paper explains the fundamental differences between the two leading optical designs and discusses how each technology deals with technical challenges more
SPECTRO Analytical Instruments GmbH announced that Dr. Christoph Mätzig has been named to succeed Manfred Bergsch as Managing Director. Bergsch retired on July 1, 2016, and Dr. Mätzig has assumed his responsibilities at SPECTRO, a leading manufacturer of measurement instruments for elementa ... more
SPECTRO Analytical Instruments, a leading manufacturer of advanced instruments for elemental analysis, has announced a major milestone — the shipment of its 40,000th spectrometer. The “milestone instrument,” a SPECTRO ARCOS state-of-the-art optical emission spectrometer with inductively cou ... more
SPECTRO Analytical Instruments announced that it has been acquired by AMETEK, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electric motors. SPECTRO was acquired from an investor group led by German Equity Partners BV for approximately EUR80 million ($98 million). With i ... more
- 1Microwave freeze drying of fruits & vegetables
- 2Comparing ICP-OES Analyzers' Plasma Views: Axial, Radial, Dual, MultiView, and New Dual Side-On Interface
- 3Which ICP-OES Optical Technology Offers Superior Performance: Echelle or ORCA?
- 4Polyether-Modified Silicones for Cosmetic Applications
- 5Which ICP-OES Optical Technology Offers Superior Performance: Echelle or ORCA?
- 6Field-Flow Fractionation - The Universal Separation Principle for Particle and Macromolecule Characterization
- 7How new spectrometer technologies substantially cut operating costs
- 8X--ray Fluorescence Analysis of Polymers
- 9Why Flame AAS Users Are Moving Up to ICP-OES
- 10Automated Dynamic Light Scattering