Whenever measuring in confined spaces or keeping the instrument away is a must: Start and save your measuring directly at the sensor! more
The pH Handbook – A Practical Guide for pH Measurement
pH values of a range of goods compared to an acid and a base
Types of membranes, their properties and applications
Cross-section of a reference electrode
The SI Analytics pH Handbook gives hands-on practical know how about pH measurement and pH determination. Numerous illustrations, tables and diagrams are contained in its 100 pages to convey how the pH is measured correctly.
Our objective was to combine basic knowledge of pH measurement with the laboratory experience of the SI Analytics experts, made available in a practical handbook.
With its added recommendations on which pH electrodes to use for specific applications, the pH Handbook is an indispensable guide for your day-to-day laboratory routines.
Contents of the pH Handbook
1. Basic concepts of potentiometry and pH measurement
- Definition of acid and base
- Definition of the pH value
- Electrochemical potential
- Nernst equation
- Methods of pH measurement
- The glass electrode
- The reference electrode
- Combined measurement chains
4. Buffer solutions and safety in pH measurement
- Definition of buffers
- Standard buffers
- Working with buffer solutions
- Measurement uncertainty
6. Practical pH measurement
- pH measurement in various applications
- pH measurement in an organic solution
The photoLab® 7600 UV-VIS and the reagent-free measurement of COD, Nitrate and Nitrite save time, reagent costs and allows environmentally friendly measurements more
You will receive the complete range of titration equipment and all titration electrodes as well as additional valuable tips and tricks for ideal handling more
- 1Microwave freeze drying of fruits & vegetables
- 2Detection of NADH and NADPH with the Omega's High Speed, Full UV/Vis Absorbance Spectrometer
- 3Field-Flow Fractionation - The Universal Separation Principle for Particle and Macromolecule Characterization
- 4Improve pipetting of Viscous Liquids in Pharmaceutical Formulations
- 5Polyether-Modified Silicones for Cosmetic Applications
- 6Which ICP-OES Optical Technology Offers Superior Performance: Echelle or ORCA?
- 7Automated Dynamic Light Scattering
- 8Burn injuries under freezing (labor protection) conditions?
- 9Polyolefins: Determination of Molecular Weight and Branching Structure by GPC/SEC
- 10Why Flame AAS Users Are Moving Up to ICP-OES