ED-XRF instruments have made amazing strides in recent years. Quantum leaps in several technologies are making users rethink what’s possible more
Efficient Analysis of 27 Elements in Petrochemical Products with an ED-XRF spectrometerSpectro Analytical Instruments
SPECTRO XEPOS ED-XRF spectrometer
For the analysis of oils, it is important to achieve very low detection limits for critical trace elements.
Cover page: Analysis of Oils
Five key applications for the elemental analysis of petrochemical products are discussed in this report: From blending control of fresh lubricants and the control of additive packages to used oil analysis, sulfur in crude oil distillates as well as sulfur and other trace elements in crude oil and heavy fuel oil along with distillate burner fuels derived from waste mineral oils.
The SPECTRO XEPOS was used for the analysis, and was set up with one single calibration to handle all of the petrochemical applications reported in this paper. It provides exceptional accuracy, sensitivity and flexibility — resulting in fast, accurate and economic analysis
- elemental analysis
- multi-element analysis
- trace analysis
- petrochemical analysis
- crude oil analysis
- mineral oil analysis
- mineral oil
- crude oils
- sulfur analysis
- energy dispersive X…
- lubricant additives
- lubricant analysis
Learn how you can perform different petrochemical analyses quickly, accurately and cost-effectively with just one calibration more
This paper explains the fundamental differences between the two leading optical designs and discusses how each technology deals with technical challenges more
SPECTRO Analytical Instruments GmbH announced that Dr. Christoph Mätzig has been named to succeed Manfred Bergsch as Managing Director. Bergsch retired on July 1, 2016, and Dr. Mätzig has assumed his responsibilities at SPECTRO, a leading manufacturer of measurement instruments for elementa ... more
SPECTRO Analytical Instruments, a leading manufacturer of advanced instruments for elemental analysis, has announced a major milestone — the shipment of its 40,000th spectrometer. The “milestone instrument,” a SPECTRO ARCOS state-of-the-art optical emission spectrometer with inductively cou ... more
SPECTRO Analytical Instruments announced that it has been acquired by AMETEK, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electric motors. SPECTRO was acquired from an investor group led by German Equity Partners BV for approximately EUR80 million ($98 million). With i ... more
- 1Microwave freeze drying of fruits & vegetables
- 2Detection of NADH and NADPH with the Omega's High Speed, Full UV/Vis Absorbance Spectrometer
- 3Field-Flow Fractionation - The Universal Separation Principle for Particle and Macromolecule Characterization
- 4X--ray Fluorescence Analysis of Polymers
- 5Which ICP-OES Optical Technology Offers Superior Performance: Echelle or ORCA?
- 6Polyether-Modified Silicones for Cosmetic Applications
- 7Asymmetric Flow Field Flow Fractionation (AF4) - A Powerful Method for Polymer Characterization
- 8Burn injuries under freezing (labor protection) conditions?
- 9Why ICP-OES User Are Moving up to the Latest Technology
- 10Selecting your ICP-OES analyzer’s plasma interface: axial-view, radial-view, dual-view or new MultiView?