This paper explains the fundamental differences between the two leading optical designs and discusses how each technology deals with technical challenges more
X--ray Fluorescence Analysis of PolymersSPECTRO ANALYTICAL INSTRUMENTS
SPECTRO XEPOS ED-XRF spectrometer
Nowadays, plastics are used in all areas of our lives
White Paper Cover
Nowadays, plastics are used in all areas of our lives. Be it as packaging, in automobiles and above all in the electrical, electronics and toy industries. The properties of the plastics are very different, from extremely rigid to extremely flexible, everything is possible – and in the most diverse colors. These properties are achieved by blending additives to the raw polymer.
It is also often necessary to prove that a part made of plastic complies with legal requirements. The more well-known regulations here are the directive on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment (RoHS), the directive on packaging and packaging waste and the directive on end-of-life vehicles ELV.
This White Paper examines to what extent X-ray fluorescence analysis is an appropriate technique for the elemental analysis of polymers. It also takes a close look on the sample preparation.
- X-ray fluorescence analysis
- process control
- flame retardants
- organophosphate fla…
- analytical techniques
- analytical instruments
- X-ray microanalysis
- polymer analysis
- polymer additives
- filler materials
- elemental analysis
This paper reviews the concepts surrounding the optical interfaces that are available for ICP-OES spectrometers and discusses the relative strengths more
SPECTRO Analytical Instruments GmbH announced that Dr. Christoph Mätzig has been named to succeed Manfred Bergsch as Managing Director. Bergsch retired on July 1, 2016, and Dr. Mätzig has assumed his responsibilities at SPECTRO, a leading manufacturer of measurement instruments for elementa ... more
SPECTRO Analytical Instruments, a leading manufacturer of advanced instruments for elemental analysis, has announced a major milestone — the shipment of its 40,000th spectrometer. The “milestone instrument,” a SPECTRO ARCOS state-of-the-art optical emission spectrometer with inductively cou ... more
SPECTRO Analytical Instruments announced that it has been acquired by AMETEK, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electric motors. SPECTRO was acquired from an investor group led by German Equity Partners BV for approximately EUR80 million ($98 million). With i ... more
- 1Microwave freeze drying of fruits & vegetables
- 2Detection of NADH and NADPH with the Omega's High Speed, Full UV/Vis Absorbance Spectrometer
- 3Field-Flow Fractionation - The Universal Separation Principle for Particle and Macromolecule Characterization
- 4Which ICP-OES Optical Technology Offers Superior Performance: Echelle or ORCA?
- 5Automated Dynamic Light Scattering
- 6Asymmetric Flow Field Flow Fractionation (AF4) - A Powerful Method for Polymer Characterization
- 7Polyether-Modified Silicones for Cosmetic Applications
- 8X--ray Fluorescence Analysis of Polymers
- 9Selecting your ICP-OES analyzer’s plasma interface: axial-view, radial-view, dual-view or new MultiView?
- 10Is Your XRF-Analyzer Still Up-To-Date?