This paper provides an in-depth comparison of these two long-established technologies used in a wide variety of elemental analysis applications. ICP-OES has traditionally come with a considerably higher price tag than AAS, thus many users have felt constrained to consider only AAS instruments. Recently however, price points have shifted as manufacturing efficiencies and other changes now offer the possibility of obtaining an ICP-OES instrument at not much more than the cost of an AAS device. So many users, previously locked into evaluating AAS technology alone, are now considering ICP-OES for their next instrument purchase. This paper explains the reasons why.
Why Flame AAS Users Are Moving Up to ICP-OES
nstead of the compromised, overspecialized ICP-OES and ED-XRF instruments that many university labs have applied in the past, a new class of instrumen more
This paper provides an in-depth comparison of these two long-established technologies used in a wide variety of elemental analysis applications more
This paper reviews the concepts surrounding the optical interfaces that are available for ICP-OES spectrometers and discusses the relative strengths more
Thanks to DSOI technology twice the sensitivity of conventional radial-plasma-view instruments ✓ TI enables highest sensitivity for trace elements, as well as freedom from matrix interferences ✓ Extremely agile, LDMOS generator without external cooling – faster warmup for higher productivity more
ORCA Optical System: Simultaneous spectrum capture in the 130-770 nm wavelength range ✓Faster out of the gate: Less than 10 minutes warmup time with the new LDMOS generator more
Fastest in its class: Twice as fast as typical testing, high precision with high speed ✓ Excels in scope and accuracy: Optimized application packages ✓ Unparalleled ease-of-use: Just three simple steps to accurate results more
SPECTRO Analytical Instruments GmbH announced that Dr. Christoph Mätzig has been named to succeed Manfred Bergsch as Managing Director. Bergsch retired on July 1, 2016, and Dr. Mätzig has assumed his responsibilities at SPECTRO, a leading manufacturer of measurement instruments for elementa ... more
SPECTRO Analytical Instruments, a leading manufacturer of advanced instruments for elemental analysis, has announced a major milestone — the shipment of its 40,000th spectrometer. The “milestone instrument,” a SPECTRO ARCOS state-of-the-art optical emission spectrometer with inductively cou ... more
SPECTRO Analytical Instruments announced that it has been acquired by AMETEK, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electric motors. SPECTRO was acquired from an investor group led by German Equity Partners BV for approximately EUR80 million ($98 million). With i ... more
- 1Microwave freeze drying of fruits & vegetables
- 2Risks and Hazards Caused by ELECTROSTATICS in the LAB?!
- 3Comparing ICP-OES Analyzers' Plasma Views: Axial, Radial, Dual, MultiView, and New Dual Side-On Interface
- 4Theory and practice of conductivity measurement
- 5Benefits of Deep Learning and AI in Microscopy: Label-Free Nucleus Detection in Micro Well Plates
- 6Dissolved Oxygen measurement in theory and in practice
- 7Which ICP-OES Optical Technology Offers Superior Performance: Echelle or ORCA?
- 8Field-Flow Fractionation - The Universal Separation Principle for Particle and Macromolecule Characterization
- 9ETC Powder Dispensing Study
- 10Titration Handbook – Theory and Practice of Titration