ED-XRF instruments have made amazing strides in recent years. Quantum leaps in several technologies are making users rethink what’s possible more
Selecting your ICP-OES analyzer’s plasma interface: axial-view, radial-view, dual-view or new MultiView?
Inside view: diffracting light, the optical system separates the spectral lines emitted in the plasma
MultiView: The user simply shifts the direction of the plasma torch into a new axial or radial orientation, with a relatively simple changeover that takes about 90 seconds.
This new paper reviews the core concepts surrounding the optical interfaces that are available for ICP-OES spectrometers today and discusses the relative strengths and weaknesses of each approach.
The paper explains how each technique works and why understanding the plasma-viewing interface should be a major factor in the selection of the best technology and instrument for your laboratory or specific area of research.
The paper also introduces a unique new plasma observation approach called MultiView. MultiView technology was recently introduced by SPECTRO Analytical Instruments in its new SPECTRO ARCOS ICP-OES and offers users full axial sensitivity and full radial precision without any dual-view compromises.
- inductively coupled plasma
- ICP-OES spectrometer
- environmental analytics
- matrix Interferences
Learn how you can perform different petrochemical analyses quickly, accurately and cost-effectively with just one calibration more
This paper explains the fundamental differences between the two leading optical designs and discusses how each technology deals with technical challenges more
SPECTRO Analytical Instruments GmbH announced that Dr. Christoph Mätzig has been named to succeed Manfred Bergsch as Managing Director. Bergsch retired on July 1, 2016, and Dr. Mätzig has assumed his responsibilities at SPECTRO, a leading manufacturer of measurement instruments for elementa ... more
SPECTRO Analytical Instruments, a leading manufacturer of advanced instruments for elemental analysis, has announced a major milestone — the shipment of its 40,000th spectrometer. The “milestone instrument,” a SPECTRO ARCOS state-of-the-art optical emission spectrometer with inductively cou ... more
SPECTRO Analytical Instruments announced that it has been acquired by AMETEK, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electric motors. SPECTRO was acquired from an investor group led by German Equity Partners BV for approximately EUR80 million ($98 million). With i ... more
- 1Microwave freeze drying of fruits & vegetables
- 2Dynamic Light Scattering - an Important Tool for Protein Crystallography and Nanotechnology
- 3Optimization of Transfection Conditions for the Human HL-60 Promyelocytic Leukemic T-Cell Line Using FuGENE® HD Transfection Reagent
- 4Fugene® HD Transfection Reagent: Superior Performance for Challenging Expression Studies
- 5Novel Methods for High-Performance Melting Curve Analysis Using the LightCycler® 480 System
- 6Looxster® - Enrichment and isolation of bacterial DNA using Pureprove® Technology
- 7Detection of NADH and NADPH with the Omega's High Speed, Full UV/Vis Absorbance Spectrometer
- 8Field-Flow Fractionation - The Universal Separation Principle for Particle and Macromolecule Characterization
- 9Automated Dynamic Light Scattering
- 10Which ICP-OES Optical Technology Offers Superior Performance: Echelle or ORCA?