ED-XRF instruments have made amazing strides in recent years. Quantum leaps in several technologies are making users rethink what’s possible more
Comparing ICP-OES Analyzers' Plasma Views: Axial, Radial, Dual, MultiView, and New Dual Side-On Interface
Inside view: diffracting light, the optical system separates the spectral lines emitted in the plasma
MultiView: The user simply shifts the direction of the plasma torch into a new axial or radial orientation, with a relatively simple changeover that takes about 90 seconds.
This new paper reviews the core concepts surrounding the optical interfaces that are available for ICP-OES spectrometers today and discusses the relative strengths and weaknesses of each approach.
The paper explains how each technique works and why understanding the plasma-viewing interface should be a major factor in the selection of the best technology and instrument for your laboratory or specific area of research.
The paper also introduces SPECTRO's new DSOI technology, a brand-new approach to the critical issue of plasma view design, uses a vertical plasma torch, observed via a new direct radial-view technology.
- inductively coupled plasma
- ICP-OES spectrometer
- environmental analytics
- matrix Interferences
Several features of most conventional ICP-OES spectrometers can cause considerable trouble and expense. The difficulties can often be traced to inhere more
SPECTRO Analytical Instruments GmbH announced that Dr. Christoph Mätzig has been named to succeed Manfred Bergsch as Managing Director. Bergsch retired on July 1, 2016, and Dr. Mätzig has assumed his responsibilities at SPECTRO, a leading manufacturer of measurement instruments for elementa ... more
SPECTRO Analytical Instruments, a leading manufacturer of advanced instruments for elemental analysis, has announced a major milestone — the shipment of its 40,000th spectrometer. The “milestone instrument,” a SPECTRO ARCOS state-of-the-art optical emission spectrometer with inductively cou ... more
SPECTRO Analytical Instruments announced that it has been acquired by AMETEK, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electric motors. SPECTRO was acquired from an investor group led by German Equity Partners BV for approximately EUR80 million ($98 million). With i ... more
- 1Microwave freeze drying of fruits & vegetables
- 2Asymmetric Flow Field Flow Fractionation (AF4) - A Powerful Method for Polymer Characterization
- 3Risks and Hazards Caused by ELECTROSTATICS in the LAB?!
- 4Comparing ICP-OES Analyzers' Plasma Views: Axial, Radial, Dual, MultiView, and New Dual Side-On Interface
- 5Automated Dynamic Light Scattering
- 6Field-Flow Fractionation - The Universal Separation Principle for Particle and Macromolecule Characterization
- 7Which ICP-OES Optical Technology Offers Superior Performance: Echelle or ORCA?
- 8Why ICP-OES User Are Moving up to the Latest Technology
- 9Polyether-Modified Silicones for Cosmetic Applications
- 10ETC Powder Dispensing Study