DLS analysis is a widely applied, non-invasive method for measuring the effective size of molecules in solution. This technique yields valuable information for the characterization of molecules and particles. It facilitates formerly laborious and tim more
Asymmetric Flow Field Flow Fractionation (AF4) - A Powerful Method for Polymer CharacterizationStepan Podzimek,¹ Petr Lebeda,² Christoph Johann,³ Thomas Jocks³
¹SYNPO, 532 07 Pardubice, Czech Republic
²University of Pardubice, Faculty of Chemical Technology, Institute of Polymeric Materials, 532 10 Pardubice, Czech Republic
³Wyatt Technology Europe, DE-56307 Dernbach, Germany
The AF4-MALS combined technique can serve as a routine method for polymer analysis and characterization. AF4 provides separation efficiency entirely comparable with traditionally used and so far dominating SEC. In addition, it yields superior separation of branched polymers, polymers containing ultra high molar mass fractions up to at least 108 g/mol, and nanoparticles. This contribution outlines the theoretical background of the method and shows several examples of its use, e.g. separation of high molecular weight polymers and particles. While SEC will certainly continue to be the most frequently employed method of polymer analysis, for many samples the description of molecular structure is more detailed if both SEC and AF4 are used. The possibility to run both SEC and AF4 on the same experimental set-up makes the AF4 method a powerful and versatile tool for the characterization of a variety of synthetic and natural polymers and related materials.
Read the complete article in German here
The AF4-MALS combined technique can serve as a routine method for polymer analysis and characterization. AF4 provides separation efficiency entirely more
Wyatt Technology announced that it has completed the acquisition of Superon GmbH, a manufacturer of Field Flow Fractionation (FFF) systems. Production, research and product development has been transferred to Wyatt’s Santa Barbara, CA headquarters which will enable the company to further en ... more
Wyatt Technology Corporation opens a new Scandinavian office – Wyatt Technology Scandinavia (WTS). As part of its European expansion, Wyatt Technology Corporation has formed Wyatt Technology Scandinavia (WTS), to be headquartered in Uppsala, Sweden. Wyatt Technology now has full time staf ... more
Wyatt Technology Corporation announced that Dr. Philip J. Wyatt, the CEO and founder of Wyatt Technology Corporation has been awarded the 2009 Prize for Industrial Application of Physics by the American Physical Society (APS). By leading the commercialization of laser light scattering, a ... more
- 1Microwave freeze drying of fruits & vegetables
- 2Detection of NADH and NADPH with the Omega's High Speed, Full UV/Vis Absorbance Spectrometer
- 3Field-Flow Fractionation - The Universal Separation Principle for Particle and Macromolecule Characterization
- 4Which ICP-OES Optical Technology Offers Superior Performance: Echelle or ORCA?
- 5Automated Dynamic Light Scattering
- 6Asymmetric Flow Field Flow Fractionation (AF4) - A Powerful Method for Polymer Characterization
- 7Polyether-Modified Silicones for Cosmetic Applications
- 8X--ray Fluorescence Analysis of Polymers
- 9Selecting your ICP-OES analyzer’s plasma interface: axial-view, radial-view, dual-view or new MultiView?
- 10Is Your XRF-Analyzer Still Up-To-Date?