Regular testing of spectrophotometers with certified reference materials secures the traceability of measuring results to international standards (e.g. NIST, ASTM). Hellma reference materials for UV/Vis spectroscopy ensure conformity with regulations (Ph. Eur., USP) and provide for highest ... more
Certified UV/Vis Reference Materials for Spectrophotometers
Certainly Correct Measurements When Using Certified Reference Materials
Certified reference materials for UV/Vis spectroscopy by Hellma Analytics
Complete filter set (667003) for testing the spectrophotometer according to Ph. Eur.
Complete glass filter set (666S000) for testing the photometric accuracy and wavelength accuracy
HoDi liquid filter (667005) with a broad wavelength spectrum from 240 nm to 870 nm
DAkkS Calibration certificate by Hellma Analytics (Sample)
Regular testing of spectrophotometers with certified reference materials secures the traceability of measuring results to international standards (e.g. NIST, ASTM). Hellma reference materials for UV/Vis spectroscopy ensure conformity with regulations (Ph. Eur., USP) and provide for highest process transparency.
In order to calibrate spectrometers, the Hellma Analytics’ Calibration Laboratory, accredited according to DIN EN ISO 17025, offers easy-to-handle, ready-for-use certified UV/ Vis reference materials - available as glass and liquid filters. The distinguishing feature is that they are usable trouble-free for many years - thus users profit from a clean, easy and efficient solution for their qualification tasks. Correct measuring results are the basis for safe manufacturing processes and quality control in many areas.
In order to achieve correct measuring results in the long run, one should qualify the following parameters regularly:
- Wavelength accuracy
- Photometric accuracy
- Spectral resolution
- Level of stray light
Advantages using Hellma Reference Materials:
- Cost and time savings
- Environmentally friendly
- No waste or complex preparation of solutions
- Certainly correct measurement results
- Results are traceable to international standards (NIST)
- Conformity with the regulations (Ph. Eur., USP)
The application is very easy and doesn’t require any specific preparation (Watch video for more details). Insert the suitable glass or liquid filter into the cell holder and start the measurement or scan. Then compare the obtained absorption values or peaks with the values stated on the included DAkkS Calibration Certificate. Anyone who qualifies his spectrophotometer regularly like this, will secure and document the traceability of measurement results to international standards, e.g. to primary standards of NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology). In this way you will feel safe before the next audit.
The TrayCell® is a unique fiber optic ultra-micro measuring cell for the UV/Vis micro volume analysis and has been designed to measure small samples, such as DNA, RNA or protein, with an outstanding level of reproducibility. As TrayCell is the same size as a standard cuvette, it can be used ... more
Since June, Dr. Oliver Falkenstörfer (51) has been the new Managing Director of Hellma Optik GmbH in Jena. As a physicist with a PhD, Dr. Falkenstörfer was responsible for different managerial and executive functions at JENOPTIK Optical Systems GmbH where he was working in particular as the ... more
This year’s spring conference of the Spectaris Human Resources Management Group (Spectaris = German Hightech Industry Association) was held at Hellma Analytics. Several current subjects from the agenda were discussed with regard to practical experiences e.g. how modern recruiting is like as ... more
- 1Be a Pioneer – the Freedom to Explore Ion Chromatography
- 2Certified UV/Vis Reference Materials for Spectrophotometers
- 3Accelerated Solvent Extraction (ASE) – Maximize results and reduce errors in food analysis!
- 4Lab nutsche filter dryers for efficient product development and direct scale up, with the GFD® range
- 5SPECORD PLUS: The New Generation of Double-Beam Photometers from Analytik Jena
- 6Sample Preparation on Top – TOPwave
- 7All-Rounder for Solid/Liquid Extraction
- 8BRAVO – The new handheld Raman spectrometer from Bruker
- 996- and 384-well plates rapid and easy pipetting, dispensing and replication
- 10Comprehensive Characterization of Dispersions using STEP-Technology