The modular system design together with a great variety of dispersing and dosing units provides a flexible adaptation to various applications more
Fast, reproducible and comparable measuring results with dynamic image analysis
The modular image analysis sensor QICPIC combines size and shape analysis of disperse particle systems within a size range of < 1 µm to 34,000 µm. Flexible sensor adaptation for analysis of powders, granules, fibres, suspensions and emulsions is provided by a wide range of dispersing and dosing units. Numerous implementations in pharmaceutical and chemical industry, food and beverage technology or soil science just denote the array of applications in industry and research.
The most prominent feature is an exposure time within the sub-nanoseconds regime allowing for an image capturing frequency of up to 500 frames per second. The extremely short exposure times ensure capturing and clear imaging of even fastest singular particles. With powerful algorithms QICPIC is evaluating millions of particles in shortest time and guarantees outstanding statistically relevant results. The unrivalled, high speed RODOS dispersion empowers image analysis to master fine, dry and even agglomerating powders now as fine as 1.8 µm and above. Most prominent features are reproducibility and comparability of measurement results at optimized sample quantities. Powerful evaluation software supports the simultaneous determination of all relevant size and shape characteristics.
Due to modular placed disperser and dosing units the analyser fits flexible for dry and wet applications generating product-specific characterisation:
- RODOS | injection disperser for finest, even cohesive dry powders | 1.8 µm to 4,000 µm
- GRADIS | gravity disperser for coarser, even fragile dry particulate systems | 5 µm bis 10,000 µm
- VIBRI | vibratory feeder for precise dosing and feeding of dry particulate systems (in combination with RODOS, GRADIS or OASIS)
- ASPIROS | micro dosing system for feeding of small amounts of precious or toxic substances in encapsulated sample vials (in combination with RODOS or OASIS) | 1.8 µm to 500 µm
- FIBROS | pre-disperser for gentle separation and feeding of dry, even curly fibres (in combination with GRADIS) | fibre thickness 5 µm to 5,000 µm, fibre length 500 µm to 30,000 µm
- MIXCEL | modular wet disperser for emulsions and suspensions | 0.55 µm to 3,000 µm
- FLOWCELL | open-loop cell for high volume with mid-size or coarse particles | 10 mm cell: 11 µm to 5,000 µm or 20 mm cell: 17 µm to 10,000 µm
- LIXELL + LIQXI | dispersing and dosing combination for suspensions and emulsions | 0.55 µm to 500 µm
- OASIS | combined dry and wet disperser consisting of RODOS & SUCELL | 0.55 µm to 4,000 µm
- MULTISAMPLER | sample handling system for automated feeding of dry and wet samples in 39 ml vials in batch operation (in combination with RODOS or QUIXEL) | 70 vials per rack
- LIQIBACK | reprocessing unit for recycling of dispersion liquids with two filter stages: 1 µm and 0.45 µm (in combination with MIXCEL, SUCELL/L)
Process-related particle size and shape characterisation is opened up by integrated image analysis sensors PICTOS, PICTIS & PICCELL covering a size range from 1.8 µm to 20,000 µm. PICTOS integrates QICPIC dynamic image analysis and RODOS dry dispersion technology in a robust body, which was specifically developed for on-line applications. PICTIS combines image analysis and gentle gravitational disperser GRADIS, allowing at-line or on-line applications in process environments. And PICCELL with its flow-through cuvette finally transfers wet dispersion to on-line operations of image analysis.
Feeding of PICTOS, PICTIS & PICCELL is realized either with static probes, blending MIXER or by automatic or user-operated manual sample feeding. Together with the dynamic representative sampler TWISTER, PICTOS as well as PICCELL form a perfectly coordinated and robust on-line process analysis system.
Find out More in the Video
Sympatec’s well-established HELOS laser diffraction series together with the unequaled dry dispersing system RODOS provides a reliable technology for particle size more
With QICPIC, Sympatec has established an image analysis sensor that combines particle size and shape analysis. more
- 1Comprehensive Characterization of Dispersions using STEP-Technology
- 2SPECORD PLUS: The New Generation of Double-Beam Photometers from Analytik Jena
- 3All-Rounder for Solid/Liquid Extraction
- 4Lab nutsche filter dryers for efficient product development and direct scale up, with the GFD® range
- 5Accelerated Solvent Extraction (ASE) – Maximize results and reduce errors in food analysis!
- 6Mini-Spectrometers - From the smallest component to the dedicated measurement system
- 7Be a Pioneer – the Freedom to Explore Ion Chromatography
- 8Fast, Automatic Particle Size Measurement in an Extremely Wide Measuring Range
- 9Automation of Cellular Assays
- 10Certified UV/Vis Reference Materials for Spectrophotometers