Systat Software has released SigmaPlot 14, the latest version of their most advanced scientific data analysis and graphing software package. SigmaPlot 14 provides researchers with an enriched user interface, increased ease of use and new features to quickly analyze data and create exact, pu ... more
The new SigmaPlot 14: New Graph and Analysis Features
The easiest way to analyze and present your data
Systat Software has released SigmaPlot 14, the latest version of their most advanced scientific data analysis and graphing software package.
SigmaPlot 14 provides researchers with an enriched user interface, increased ease of use and new features to quickly analyze data and create exact, publication-quality graphs that best present research results for presentation, publication or the web.
This latest version now includes one way frequency tables, arrows with solid arrowheads, multiple key column data sorts, 40 variable scatter matrix graphs and new ribbon layouts for different workflows. The new optimized Graph Properties window results in increased ease of use. Many user procedures have been optimized by reducing the number of steps and click count.
SigmaPlot 14, Enhancements and New Features
- Automatic updating provides interim program updates
- Unicode is now supported
- Arrows with solid arrowheads
- A common operation on a graph is to zoom in, make a modification and then zoom out. A toggle was added, Ctrl+3, between your current zoom level and 100%.
- Additional plot regression statistics
- The scatter matrix graph, used to display results of some statistical tests such as correlation, has increased support from 10 variables previously up to 40 variables now
- Multiple result graph types may now be simultaneously selected from the Create Result Graph Dialog
- Sorting data in the worksheet now supports multiple key columns
- Statistical procedures may now use data from over 4000 worksheet columns
- The One-Way Frequency Tables method has been added
- More nonlinear regression application examples have been added that can now be accessed from the Help menu
- Improvements to the transforms examples that can now be accessed from the Help menu
- The User-Defined Transform and Regression Dialogs are now resizable and can be saved
- Improved User Interface for the Quick Transforms dialog
- User settings are now preserved for new versions of SigmaPlot
- Added new ribbon layouts for different types of workflows
- Sample data sets are now available from Help
- Data can now be extracted from a result graph
- Commuter licenses allow license sharing
- Increased the maximum character length of labels in statistical tables from 30 to 255
- The unpaired t-test has been enhanced to provide the option to test the equality of the population means of the two groups without assuming equal variances (Welch’s t-test)
As before SigmaPlot has
- A huge data worksheet
- A wide range of flexibly customizable 2D and 3D graphs
- Numerous technical graph options
- A wide range of data analysis and statistics features
- Extended statistical analysis with the step-by-step Advisor
- User-Defined Transforms
- Automation features using SigmaPlot’s Visual Basic (VBA) compatible macro language
- Module extension (Electrophysiology).
Generate Graphs Quickly and Easily
With the Tabbed Window View all open windows appear with tabs. This effective window management tool provides you with an instantaneous display of each window. The Object-specific mini toolbars are displayed adjacent to selected graph, worksheet and report objects thereby allowing rapid editing of object properties. The Quick Access Toolbar allows you to add commonly used controls to SigmaPlot’s Quick Access Toolbar such as creating a new notebook, saving changes in a notebook or cleaning up the workspace by closing all windows.
These Graphing capabilities Enhance your Ability to Create Publication Quality Graphs
Use the Gradient Fill and Transparency features to enhance the presentation of your data. Color gradients can be used for impact, and the transparency allows comparing underlying plots, or the display of other graph objects, e.g. grid lines.
The dot density macro produces a graph very much like what an artist would prepare where adjacent data values either stack or nestle (added: mean plus standard error bar computation, symbol plus error bars). The Radar Plot allows a multi-variable comparison with an arbitrary number of variables. The Forest Plot is one form of “meta-analysis” which is used to combine multiple analyses addressing the same question.
Effectively Manage and Analyze Your Data
The Enzyme Kinetics module is integrated into SigmaPlot 14 providing you with additional enzyme kinetics analysis features and additional graph types such as Michaelis-Menten, Lineweaver-Burk, Eadie-Hofstee, Scatchard, Hanes-Woolf, Hill and Dixon.
A total of 24 probability functions have been added to the curve fit library, and there are now seven different weighting functions built into each nonlinear regression equation (3D are slightly different).
Enhanced Statistical Features
Principal component analysis (PCA) is a technique for reducing the complexity of highdimensional data by approximating the data with fewer dimensions. ANCOVA (Analysis of Covariance) is an extension of ANOVA (Analysis of Variance) obtained by specifying one or more covariates as additional variables in the model. The Akaike Information Criterion is a goodness of fit criterion that also accounts for the number of parameters in the equation.
Free Demo CD:
Test SigmaPlot 14 with you own data. Request the free Demo CD.
- Windows 7, Windows 8.x and Windows 10, Windows Vista:
2 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) Processor,
2 GB of System Memory for 32-bit (x86), 4 GB for 64-bit (x64),
300 MB of available Hard Disk Space,
800x600 SVGA/256 Color Display or better,
Internet Explorer 8 or better
Office 97 or higher (for Excel integration, „Paste to PowerPoint Slide“, „Insert Graphs into Word“ and other macros)
Find out More in the Video
- 1Efficient & Inexpensive Microscope for Checking Cell Cultures
- 2Microspectrometer as Small as Your Fingertip
- 3Flexible and Modular: The Complete FPLC Solution for All Types of Protein Purification
- 4The Versatile Particle and Dispersion Analyser: At-Line, in the Process and in the Laboratory
- 5SPECORD PLUS: The New Generation of Double-Beam Photometers from Analytik Jena
- 6Switch from Ergonomically Exhausting Manual Work to the Fully Automatic Processing of Your Tubes
- 7Lab nutsche filter dryers for efficient product development and direct scale up, with the GFD® range
- 8Accelerated Solvent Extraction (ASE) – Maximize results and reduce errors in food analysis!
- 9Fast GC! Super-charging GC´s World-wide!
- 10BRAVO – The new handheld Raman spectrometer from Bruker