Regular testing of spectrophotometers with certified reference materials secures the traceability of measuring results to international standards (e.g. NIST, ASTM). Hellma reference materials for UV/Vis spectroscopy ensure conformity with regulations (Ph. Eur., USP) and provide for highest ... more
UV/Vis Micro Volume Analysis of DNA, RNA and Proteins – Simple, Efficient and Unique
The TrayCell® is a unique fiber optic ultra-micro measuring cell for the UV/Vis micro volume analysis and has been designed to measure small samples, such as DNA, RNA or protein, with an outstanding level of reproducibility. As TrayCell is the same size as a standard cuvette, it can be used in almost all conventional spectrophotometers – for easy and fast measurements.
High Tech, Tiny Footprint, Patented Operating Principle
The TrayCell comprises a fiber optic measuring cell and a cap with an integrated mirror. A small drop (0.7 μl-10 μl) of sample is pipetted onto the window and the cap is then placed on top. The precisely defined spacing between the window and the mirror inside the cap ensures that the optical path length is accurate and remains constant. It is therefore impossible for the path length to change, rendering costly calibrations and readjustments unnecessary. Light is guided through the sample via prisms and fiber optic waveguides, reflected in the mirror and then guided back out of the TrayCell to the detector via the waveguides.
Simple and Safe Handling
During filling and cleaning stages, the TrayCell remains in the photometer. This guarantees a continuously identical position of the aperture in the light beam and no variation in comparison to the reference measurement. Furthermore, there is no need to dilute samples. In this way samples can be easily retrieved with a pipette and reused after the measurement process.
Areas of Application
- Determination of the purity and concentration of proteins (direct measurement or chromatographic assays)
- Determination of the purity and contents of DNA/RNA
- Determination of the labeling efficiency for microarray experiments (FOI)
- All micro volume, spectrophotometric measurements (0.7 μl-10 μl) in the UV/Vis range from 190 nm to 1100 nm
- Capable of analyzing very small sample volumes of 0.7 μl to 10 μl
- Suitable for almost all conventional spectrophotometers
- Outstanding reproducibility
- After the measurement process, samples can be easily retrieved with a pipette and reused
- No need to dilute samples, as very short optical path lengths are used
- Dilution ratios from factor 5 to factor 100 possible
- Cap is simple to remove, enabling samples to be easily measured at different path lengths
- Optics are quick and easy to clean before measuring the next sample, as the TrayCell remains in the cuvette holder
UV/Vis measuring cells
Find out More in the Video
The TrayCell® is a unique fiber optic ultra-micro measuring cell for the UV/Vis micro volume analysis and has been designed to measure small samples, such as DNA, RNA or protein, with an outstanding level of reproducibility. As TrayCell is the same size as a standard cuvette, it can be used ... more
Since June, Dr. Oliver Falkenstörfer (51) has been the new Managing Director of Hellma Optik GmbH in Jena. As a physicist with a PhD, Dr. Falkenstörfer was responsible for different managerial and executive functions at JENOPTIK Optical Systems GmbH where he was working in particular as the ... more
This year’s spring conference of the Spectaris Human Resources Management Group (Spectaris = German Hightech Industry Association) was held at Hellma Analytics. Several current subjects from the agenda were discussed with regard to practical experiences e.g. how modern recruiting is like as ... more
- 1SPECORD PLUS: The New Generation of Double-Beam Photometers from Analytik Jena
- 2Comprehensive Characterization of Dispersions using STEP-Technology
- 3Accelerated Solvent Extraction (ASE) – Maximize results and reduce errors in food analysis!
- 4Certified UV/Vis Reference Materials for Spectrophotometers
- 5Efficient & Inexpensive Microscope for Checking Cell Cultures
- 6Mini-Spectrometers - From the smallest component to the dedicated measurement system
- 7Lab nutsche filter dryers for efficient product development and direct scale up, with the GFD® range
- 8All-Rounder for Solid/Liquid Extraction
- 9contrAA Series – Atomic Absorption. Redefined.
- 10Flexible and Modular: The Complete FPLC Solution for All Types of Protein Purification