Starna Scientific offers the world's widest range of Certified Reference Materials for the entire wavelength range from deep UV to NIR (190 - 2850 nm) more
Ensuring data integrity & compliance – Starna Certified Reference Materials
Starna, pioneers in the development of Certified Reference Materials (CRMs) for spectroscopy, now offer the world’s most comprehensive range of materials for Instrument Qualification and performance verification from the Far-UV to Mid-IR. Manufactured and calibrated under strictly controlled conditions, these materials conform to all the relevant international standards and quality protocols. As the world leader in this technology, Starna has played a pivotal role in the development of CRMs for spectroscopy over fifty years, in close collaboration with national Metrological Institutes (NMI’s), international regulatory bodies and instrument manufacturers.
Tools for Easier Instrument Performance Verification and Compliance
- Starna is accredited to the new ISO Standard 17034:2016 as a Reference Material Producer and to ISO/IEC 17025 for the calibration of its CRMs.
- The calibration of Starna Certified Reference Materials is traceable both to fundamental physical measurements and to international primary standards e. g. NIST, NRC
- Instrument Qualification Kits, to assist in the easy qualification of UV-Visible Spectrophotometers contain a selection of Starna Certified Reference Materials accepted by all the major Pharmacopoeias and standardisation bodies for checking photometric accuracy, wavelength calibration, stray light and instrument resolution/bandwidth.
- References are available for
- Ultraviolet and Visible spectrophotometry
- Raman spectroscopy
- Plate readers
- HPLC instrumentation
- Specialised materials for bioscience
- All liquid references are permanently sealed by heat fusion into their cells using a process developed by Starna; eliminating evaporation, improving stability and making handling safer.
- A Certificate of Calibration and Traceability and full instructions for use are provided with each Reference Material. The certificate is supplied in electronic format, on a USB drive allowing hard copies to be produced on demand and giving easy interface to the user’s own IT systems.
- All Starna CRM's carry a lifetime guarantee, provided they are used and stored correctly and recalibrated by Starna at intervals of not more than 2 years.
- The Starna calibration laboratory can re-certify and despatch reference materials within five working days from receipt.
- For further information on Starna CRMs please download the Starna Certified Reference Materials catalogue.
certified reference materials
Starna Scientific, has appointed Nathan Hulme as a Director to help guide the company’s expansion plans. Hulme’s main responsibilities will include assisting in setting out an overall business strategy for the company that will address communications with customers and dealers as well as i ... more
- 1Efficient & Inexpensive Microscope for Checking Cell Cultures
- 2Universal GC Detector: Detection down to Low ppb
- 3Accelerated Solvent Extraction (ASE) – Maximize results and reduce errors in food analysis!
- 4SPECORD PLUS: The New Generation of Double-Beam Photometers from Analytik Jena
- 5Lab nutsche filter dryers for efficient product development and direct scale up, with the GFD® range
- 6Flexible and Modular: The Complete FPLC Solution for All Types of Protein Purification
- 7Microspectrometer as Small as Your Fingertip
- 8All-Rounder for Solid/Liquid Extraction
- 9Comprehensive Characterization of Dispersions using STEP-Technology
- 10Finally, Safe and Simple Acid Hydrolysis for Determining the Total Fat of Nearly Any Sample