Sensitive, universal detection with a near-uniform response ✓ Measures any non-volatile and semi-volatile analytes at sub-nanogram ✓ Does not require a chromophore or ionization more
Accelerated Solvent Extraction (ASE) – Maximize results and reduce errors in food analysis!
More extractions in less time using less solvent
Food safety is defined as “the absence of adverse health effects due to food contamination”. Contaminants are substances that have not been intentionally added to food. These substances may be present in food as a result of the various stages of its production, packaging, transport or holding. They also might result from environmental contamination. Since contamination generally has a negative impact on the quality of food and may imply a risk to human health, it is important to have quick a quick and reliable extraction process.
The Thermo Scientific™ Dionex™ ASE™ 150 and 350 Accelerated Solvent Extractor systems use a combination of elevated temperature and pressure with common solvents to increase the efficiency of the extraction process. The proven accelerated solvent extraction technique is dramatically faster than Soxhlet, sonication, and other extraction methods, and required significant less solvent and labor. With the Dionex ASE 350 Accelerated Solvent Extractor system, extractions are typically performed in 12–20 min, while other techniques can take up to 48 hours, in addition to saving 50–90% in solvent consumption.
Sample preparation is a critical link to the overall analytical process. It often requires many steps and multiple hours to prepare samples for chromatography. The ability to integrate pretreatment, solvent extraction, post-extraction cleanup and concentration are critical for total productivity. Integration of these steps improves overall productivity, reduces sample handling, and minimized pretreatment times.
In an effort to offer a completely automated analytical workflow, the Thermo Scientific™ Rocket Evaporator can be added optional to the Dionex ASE system. This centrifugal evaporator can concentrate a large range of extract volumes from a Dionex ASE 150/350 system directly into autosampler vials.
- Extractions for sample sizes 1–100 g in minutes
- Selective removal of interferences during the extraction (in-cell clean-up)
- Dramatic solvent reduction
- Wide range of applications
- Handles acidic and alkaline matrices
- Approved for use by the U.S. EPA and CLP Program
Sample preparation is a critical link to the overall analytical process. It often requires many steps and multiple hours to prepare samples for Chromatography. The ability to integrate pretreatment, solvent extraction, and post-extraction cleanup are critical for total productivity. Integration of these steps improves overall productivity, reduces sample handling, and minimized pretreatment times.
Dionex ASE Accelerated Solvent Extractor system methods can be applied to many industries:
- Natural products
- Pesticides and herbicides in food
- Pesticide residues
- Fat and lipid determination after acid or base pre-treatment
- Herbal and dietary supplements
- Pesticides and herbicides
- PAHs and semi-volatiles
- Dioxins and furans
- Total Petroleum Hydrocarbons (TPH)
- Air sampling cartridges (XAD and PUFs)
- Polybrominated flame retardants
Accelerated solvent extraction methods meets all of the requirements for extraction under U.S. EPA SW-846 Method 6860 Method 3545A for Pressurized Fluid Extraction, and is accepted under CLP SOW OLMO4.2.
Pharmaceutical and Natural Products
- Active ingredients
- Oils and organic acids
- Vitamins and antibiotics
- Drug delivery devices and packaging
Polymers Using ASTM Method D7210
- Xylene solubles
- Polymer additives
- Paper and pulp
- Bio fuels
Textiles and fibers
sample preparation system
Find out More in the Video
Gallery discrete analyzers are easy to use, automated systems that allow laboratories to simplify their testing enabling time and cost savings. more
Only one SPE cartridge required for your LC-MS and GC-MS analysis ✓ Cleanest SPE extracts for GC-MS analysis compared to silica materials ✓ Improved limits of detection and limits of quantitation more
The problem with almost every other type of detector is that there is a bias. The bias might be that one analyte responds more than another or that mobile phase affects detection differently. A charged aerosol detector measures analyte charge that is in direct proportion to the amount of th ... more
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. and QIAGEN N.V. announced that they have entered into an amendment to their acquisition agreement under which Thermo Fisher has commenced a tender offer to acquire all of the ordinary shares of QIAGEN. The amendment provides for an increase from the original of ... more
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. and QIAGEN N.V. announced that their boards of directors, as well as the managing board of QIAGEN N.V., have unanimously approved Thermo Fisher’s proposal to acquire QIAGEN for €39 per share in cash. The offer price represents a premium of approximately 23% to ... more
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. announced that it has completed its acquisition of FEI Company, Inc. a manufacturer of high-performance electron microscopy, for $107.50 per share in cash, or a total purchase price of approximately $4.2 billion. The completion of the transaction follows the re ... more
Comprehensive collection of information for clinical/translational/drug monitoring research, forensic testing, and sports antidoping analysis more
Discover instrumental solutions and workflows to meet regulatory demands and hear about latest work done in the area if emerging contaminants. more
Organizations have made significant investments in enterprise and laboratory tools, technologies and solutions to help improve productivity, better manage data/information and optimize their business processes. However, the reality is that most comp more
- 1Efficient & Inexpensive Microscope for Checking Cell Cultures
- 2Microspectrometer as Small as Your Fingertip
- 3Flexible and Modular: The Complete FPLC Solution for All Types of Protein Purification
- 4The Versatile Particle and Dispersion Analyser: At-Line, in the Process and in the Laboratory
- 5SPECORD PLUS: The New Generation of Double-Beam Photometers from Analytik Jena
- 6Switch from Ergonomically Exhausting Manual Work to the Fully Automatic Processing of Your Tubes
- 7Lab nutsche filter dryers for efficient product development and direct scale up, with the GFD® range
- 8Accelerated Solvent Extraction (ASE) – Maximize results and reduce errors in food analysis!
- 9Fast GC! Super-charging GC´s World-wide!
- 10BRAVO – The new handheld Raman spectrometer from Bruker