CRMs ensure traceability, demonstrate the competence of laboratories and staff and show the suitability of measurement methods. more
Certified reference materials
Clear traceability and uncertainty
ISO 17034 accredited
CRMs for food
The European Commission’s Joint Research Centre (JRC) develops matrix certified reference materials for quantification of genetically modified organisms (GMOs), contaminants, food authenticity, mycotoxins and proximates. The materials match real food samples as closely as possible.
Certificates specify traceability and uncertainty of the certified values and clearly distinguish between non-certified and certified values that can be used for calibration, performance checks and trueness control. Each CRM is accompanies by a detailed certification report describing: material processing, homogeneity, stability and characterisation studies, value assignment. Examples of recently released materials include: ERM-BB125, fipronil in egg powder EURM-020, identity of Atlantic halibut ERM-BC403, pesticides in cucumber ERM-BD001, somatic cell count in milk powder All CRMs are produced according to the JRC’s ISO 17034 accredited quality system for CRM production.
Find out More in the Video
An analysis carried out by JRC scientists shows that the uncertainty in measurement of power generation from a photovoltaic (PV) cell can be more than halved, thus bringing an economic benefit to both manufacturers and investors. With the annual world PV production exceeding 40 GW in 2014 a ... more
EuropaBio welcomes the report issued by the Joint Research Centre that reconfirms the results of a 2001 Commission study concluding that no demonstration of any health effect of GM food products has ever been reported and the use of more precise technology and the greater regulatory scrutin ... more
- 1From seaman to captain in HPLC and GC analytics – see how easy it is to master Empower
- 2Built for the Lab - Built for IT - Why compromise?
- 3Elemental Analyzer (CHNS/O) for every application
- 4Everything under Control - with This Intelligent Microwave Digestion System
- 5Certified reference materials
- 6Microspectrometer as Small as Your Fingertip
- 7Specialists in the rental and leasing of scientific equipment for laboratories throughout Europe
- 8New FTIR spectrophotometer with the best performance in its class
- 9Quality made easy: Analyze food and raw materials in just a few seconds
- 10Your Entire C/N/S/X Lab in One Device